Post by ThePath » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:36 pm

Im not absolutely sure if this is a bug but I have a fresh install of 1.5.6.2 and the image manager is not working properly. To be exact the images dont show in the image manager, the names do but no thumbnails of the images. When you click on one to say assign it to a banner it assigns the name but no image is with it.

I have many other OC versions installed on this server with no image manager issues. So I can only assume its 1.5.6.2 issue but I cant see anything in the changelog that mentions the image manager. Anybody else see this behaviour to confirm?

OpenCart Theme Options - See All My Extensions - OpenCart Themes and Mods

Location - Scotland

Post by racewings » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:55 pm

ThePath wrote:Im not absolutely sure if this is a bug but I have a fresh install of 1.5.6.2 and the image manager is not working properly. To be exact the images dont show in the image manager, the names do but no thumbnails of the images. When you click on one to say assign it to a banner it assigns the name but no image is with it.

I have many other OC versions installed on this server with no image manager issues. So I can only assume its 1.5.6.2 issue but I cant see anything in the change log that mentions the image manager. Anybody else see this behavior to confirm?
i am also having the problem with image manager i have made all backs up an have tried to find out the problem is with fresh install as well, i removed all 3rd party XML, an restored database to original, still have problems

Post by cwswebdesign » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:03 pm

ThePath wrote:Im not absolutely sure if this is a bug but I have a fresh install of 1.5.6.2 and the image manager is not working properly. To be exact the images dont show in the image manager, the names do but no thumbnails of the images. When you click on one to say assign it to a banner it assigns the name but no image is with it.

I have many other OC versions installed on this server with no image manager issues. So I can only assume its 1.5.6.2 issue but I cant see anything in the changelog that mentions the image manager. Anybody else see this behaviour to confirm?
I've seen this but it's never been a bug. Usually it's when the name of a folder or file isn't proper. Try renaming the folder and/or the images and see if that helps.

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by OSWorX » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:15 pm

cwswebdesign wrote:
ThePath wrote:I've seen this but it's never been a bug. Usually it's when the name of a folder or file isn't proper. Try renaming the folder and/or the images and see if that helps.
DL
Guess it is, just see here: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues?state=open
It seems that with 1.5.6.2 and the change in the utf8 helper class the image functions wont work anymore correct.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by ThePath » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:34 pm

Aye and replacing the utf8.php file with that from the master on github doesnt fix the issue either. Well this makes theme development/testing somewhat tricky.

OpenCart Theme Options - See All My Extensions - OpenCart Themes and Mods

Location - Scotland

Post by cwswebdesign » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:00 am

ThePath wrote:Aye and replacing the utf8.php file with that from the master on github doesnt fix the issue either. Well this makes theme development/testing somewhat tricky.
Did you try the utf8.php file from v1.5.6.1 for a temporary fix?

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by kaanair » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:28 am

I have same issue and still not fixed anyone.please help

Post by DjRicko » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:37 am

cwswebdesign wrote: Did you try the utf8.php file from v1.5.6.1 for a temporary fix?
DL
Yes i have done this now and image manager works, so confirmed that the new utf8.php breaks the image manager.

It looks like it starts loading the thumbnails but instead shows nothing, you cant even switch folders in the side panel.

Post by jetjosh1982 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:58 am

cwswebdesign wrote:
ThePath wrote:Aye and replacing the utf8.php file with that from the master on github doesnt fix the issue either. Well this makes theme development/testing somewhat tricky.
Did you try the utf8.php file from v1.5.6.1 for a temporary fix?

DL
Good Afternoon,

I am by no means an expert when it comes to web technologies but i did as you suggested with replacing the utf8.php with the one from 1.5.6.1 and image manager started to work right!

there must be an error of some kind in the new utf8.php

Post by webitbz » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:31 pm

To solve the image manager blank icons problem correct in system\helper\utf8.php (OC 1.5.6.2)

change:

Code: Select all

function utf8_substr($string, $offset, $length = null) {
		return mb_substr($string, $offset, $length);
	}
to:

Code: Select all

function utf8_substr($string, $offset, $length = null) {
		if ($length == null) {
			return mb_substr($string, $offset, utf8_strlen($string));
		} else {
			return mb_substr($string, $offset, $length);
		}
	}

Post by sirena » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:19 pm

I upgrade my opencatr version to 1.5.6.2, but my slider on the header do not work !!
I m with the theme universum pro .
my url is www.sirena-plus.com
Please help me :-X

Post by James » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:44 pm

Serina it is probably related to the utf8 file, follow the change by webitbz and it may work again. If not then you would need to speak with the theme creator

Location - Leeds, UK