Post by straightlight » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:04 pm

Now customers will scream that
OpenCart doesn't work out of the box, extensions do not work, and so on.
If so, merchants can describe all their positive insights on this already established topic: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=191&t=166012 which officially lets them report all problematic issues with the latest version of Opencart.
Why not doing it a bit different in the download page - add version v2.x.x.x OFFICIAL BETA.
Because the terminology of the used term BETA release is not considered as official. BETA rather has the meaning for: Evaluation Purposes:
Beta phase generally begins when the software is feature complete but likely to contain a number of known or unknown bugs.
Source: Google .
Everyone who tries could report bugs.
Already built on the topic mentioned above.
After some time add fixed version named v2.x.x.x FINAL. No confusion for general users, no big difference for developers. And we could have fully working (at least without extreme issues) OpenCart releases.
Followed are full details regarding the terminology of FINAL: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... ry#p631728 . The Opencart team stays around the forum so to ensure the satisfaction based on the quality of service that includes the Opencart upgrade process. The so well-known When everything fails - all fails should be abolished from all philosophies that were discovered in the past before our existence. Troubleshooting contradicts this fact. Otherwise, this forum wouldn't be established for forum users to gain the proper solution and response they'd be looking for in the first place.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:07 pm

Dreamvention wrote: 2. also there is the permission issue - now it would add permissions to the new modules folder structure but not to the old.

so permissions will never be given to module/[codename] or payment/[codename] etc and only to extension/module/[codename] etc.

the fix is in this pull request by OpenCartAddons https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/4712
Actually that wouldnt fix the permissions issue because when going to user groups to change permissions the path extension/module/old_extension would not exist, only module/old_extension, so after you save you can no longer access the module from the the list (because you no longer have view permissions to extension/module/old_extension that was added on install).

If theese permissions were persistent then they would be fine without the old path permissions.

Not sure vqmod or ocmod would be the way to go either, unless we all agree to use the same one and give customers link to it in case they dont allready have it installed.

I dont know how to go about this. Any advice?

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:23 pm

Not sure vqmod or ocmod would be the way to go either, unless we all agree to use the same one and give customers link to it in case they dont allready have it installed.

I dont know how to go about this. Any advice?
I definitely agree on this approach. The experimental upgrade was provided the same way as being pointed to the same direction for everybody as this methodology has been proven with full success including during custom work despite from those who claims this extra script did not worked. The same strategy should be used to announce the same information via working solutions regarding the new ways to handle Extensions / Modules. However, take note that I have already created the documentation to inform forum users based on the new required ways to use and handle the Extensions / Modules from this sticky topic: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=165958

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Daniel » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:24 am

1st off we did do a beta a period for a few weeks and nobody reported the issues reported in this thread!!!

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:26 am

unlocked

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by straightlight » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:49 am

Daniel wrote:1st off we did do a beta a period for a few weeks and nobody reported the issues reported in this thread!!!
As far as I can see, I don't see in the subject title of this forum where the term official topic for beta applies to this beta release which I had to put on mine as I was the only one dedicated around to do it; not only for the v2.3.0.0, not only for v2.3.0.1 but also for the v2.3.0.2. The only difference here Daniel, I don't complain about it!

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:29 am

Dreamvention wrote:Hi everyone
made a vqmod file for the compatibilty issue based on OpenCartAddons and my pull requests

https://gist.github.com/Dreamvention/77 ... 6457c8f189

feel free to use it untill opencart adds it to core ;)
Thanks for the effort Dreamvention. However, there's no need. An official patch from qphoria has been released on the official bug reports section of the forum for v2.3.0.2 release: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=191&t=166012

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON