Post by JAY6390 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:33 pm

It's annoying, but OpenCart doesn't have the resources that Amazon etc have to block mass ddos attacks, and so this small inconvenience is better than having no access to the site at all

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by al3xx » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:12 pm

How long is my reply to the ticket? I sent yesterday of tickets and no response, I need the way, is paid!!

Post by hostcomp » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:16 pm

I'm seeing a weird issue with replying to comments in the extensions section. I have a customer asking a question, and when I attempt to post an answer, the text field is cleared and I receive a message in a div (in red) above the text entry field saying that "comments must be from 5 to 1000 characters". My reply was well under 1000 characters.

Is this DDoS-protection related?

Demo: http://sporktines.com/mrgd/admin/ Username: demo / Password: demo123
Admin Options: http://www.hostcompanion.com/make-refer ... index.html
=============================================================
Demo: http://sporktines.com/pcdo/admin/ Username: demo / Password: demo123
Admin Options: http://www.hostcompanion.com/per-catego ... y-options/

Post by NietMachine » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:18 am

sml wrote:I don't think I have ever visited a website with this weird security check delay thing.

Why is OpenCart one of the very few (or only) websites in the world to do this?

Why is OpenCart different to say Amazon or ebay or google who dont have this weird & unprofessional check.

A few? I know many websites that use this kind of protection against ddos attacks.
Very professional imo, with a small delay you can visit the website, otherwise it was very slow or down.

Post by billynoah » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:13 am

Hello,

Earlier today I was unable to post in this thread:

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 3&p=510315

I sent a few pm's about it and then mysteriously a while later was able to post again. On the advice of JAY6390 I am posting about it here on the possibility that it could have been Cloudflare related? I did try to msg you James but the system will not allow it saying this user does not accept pm's..

Any idea why this might have happened?

Post by billynoah » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:19 am

I take that back - I am again unable to post in the thread mentioned above.

Post by billynoah » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:18 am

Got this screen today when clicking Full Editor during the process of posting a reply. There was a snippet of code containing a sql query to help a user resolve a problem. Perhaps this triggered the block, but in order to provide support it is often necessary to post code with sql in it. Can our cloudflare config be altered to allow for this type of code in a post?

Post by James » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:03 am

Hi, Yes posting SQL statements in the message body will almost certainly trigger cloudflare to panic. Due to recent issues we've had to keep the security level high, unfortunately the 0.1% of genuine traffic will sometimes get issues like this. I do review the triggered events as often as possible and adjust to accomodate but sql injection and xss attacks are one of the primary issues (most of them are automated bt there is no way to tell these...yet)

If you post SQL i'd advise to attach as a screenshot, this way it won't be picked up by the filters :)

J

Location - Leeds, UK

Post by billynoah » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:03 am

I did manage to post it - not sure if it was triggered initially due to moving between forms or because it wasn't enclosed in code tags, but my second attempt did not get blocked.

Post by JAY6390 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:07 am

Seems cloudflare won't let me send PM's with file attachments... and was quite aggressive with the captcha verification at the same time, even with just a normal PM. The file attachment just seemed to get removed during the PM being sent. Not worried about this as such, just thought you'd want to be informed

Guru Member

Post by MarketInSG » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:06 am

i'm getting error 1006 saying i'm banned and access is denied on the website / forum.

Code: Select all

CloudFlare Ray ID: 15da1c6887140d5b • Your IP: 107.183.143.44 
But i'm pretty sure my IP address isn't the one listed there as that's an US IP address.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by JAY6390 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:16 am

You need to clear your DNS cache. It's apparently some sort of attack on OpenCart's name servers that have been fixed but might take 24 hrs to propogate

Guru Member

Post by kungmats » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:57 pm

I have the same problem.
ipconfig /flushdns and PC restart didn't work...

Post by MarketInSG » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:55 pm

kungmats wrote:I have the same problem.
Try setting your local dns etc/host file to point opencart.com to 104.20.15.19 for the moment.

It's weird, but I got an automatic password reset email for my opencart account telling me it might have been compromised.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by James » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:09 pm

MarketInSG wrote:
kungmats wrote:I have the same problem.
Try setting your local dns etc/host file to point opencart.com to 104.20.15.19 for the moment.

It's weird, but I got an automatic password reset email for my opencart account telling me it might have been compromised.
Daniel or myself will be releasing more info on the issue later guys, logs take a while to trail through!!

For piece of mind, SSL certificate has been re-keyed and additional security measures have been put in place. But we would certainly advise a password reset anyway!

J

Location - Leeds, UK

Post by kungmats » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:10 pm

Thank you

I did change to Googles DNS system an half an hour and that helped me
https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/?hl=sv

Post by James » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:14 pm

kungmats wrote:Thank you

I did change to Googles DNS system an half an hour and that helped me
https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/?hl=sv

Glad to hear they are resolving correctly - I did force a cache refresh on those once it was resolved

Location - Leeds, UK

Post by emiklos » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:55 pm

Hi!

My IP's blocked today on forum. Why? Pls fix, because i need to search in forum for my work (on Opencart, of course)!

Sorry, my (blocked) IP: 107.183.143.44

Thx!

Post by James » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:21 pm

Please read the above posts about changing your DNS.

The IP shown is not your IP, it is a spoof site of opencart.com

Location - Leeds, UK