Post by Blakpulp » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:26 am

Hi, I'm in need of some direction with my first install of Opencart. I'm using it through 000webhost free service. I've gottent the zip downloaded, uploaded, unzipped and copied to the public_html folder. I head to my domain and begin the set up. Everything seems to be in working order except for

THIS: Image

The Config.php files have been renamed as seen here: Image

and here: Image

but I keep getting this error code, Image

at the top of my screen.

What is there that I can do to account for this phantom config.php file?

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:37 pm

What is there that I can do to account for this phantom config.php file?
Ensure to follow the install.txt file included in the downloaded Opencart ZIP file downloaded either from opencart.com or from the Github master files on Github Opencart based on the permission issues for your config.php and admin/config.php files. Both files permissions must be set to at least CHMOD 0644. If not enough for the install, set it to 0755.

As for the error message from the top screen on your screenshot, ensure to configure the proper credentials and set full access to your mySQLi database by also adding a password from your host console. It is unlikely you'd like to run a live site without a database password.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Gldev » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:33 am

Hello, I just started using OpenCart yesterday. Base on your post, it says "config.php is missing" but you have config.php in your root directory. The problem is your config.php is a folder not a file. Go back to your upload folder and get the config.php file, originaly config-dist.php. You need to rename all config-dist.php to config.php.

BTW, I am also using 000webhost for my OpenCart 3.0