Post by suzie6 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:24 pm

When you are updating and import a section of the complete website, should you use "No (Delete all old data before Import)" to get rid of the data relating to that section. Or will this delete everything on the site?

Post by Johnathan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:37 pm

Your post is a little vague. Where are you doing this site restoring? Are you using an extension for your import? What's your OpenCart version? If you're not using OpenCart but your web host panel, people in the forum here may not be able to help you. In that case, contact your web host for support.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by suzie6 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:52 pm

I am using Opencart Version 2.3.0.2

I would like to know when and why you would use the option below

Export/Import
Import from a XLS, XLSX or ODS spreadsheet file
Spreadsheet can have categories, products, attribute definitions, option definitions, or filter definitions.
Do an Export first to see the exact format of the worksheets!
Use incremental Import
Yes (Update and/or add data)
No (Delete all old data before Import)

Post by suzie6 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:55 pm

I imported an excel spreadsheet cover a section of the website and used the "No (Delete all old data before Import)" and it now seems to have deleted the whole of the website and just left the section I was updating. We have used the "No (delete all old data before" and it only effect the section we were working on

Post by Johnathan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:48 am

OpenCart doesn't have an import/export function like you're describing, so you must be using an extension. Contact the extension developer for support, or look to see if there are any forum help topics for your particular extension.

Administrator

Post by suzie6 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:52 pm

How can I tell if its a extension?

And how can I update to V3 from Version 2.3.0.2

Post by Johnathan » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:31 pm

1. You can look in Extensions > Modifications to see if the extension has an ocMod component, and if it does, it's definitely an extension. Not all extensions have ocMod components, though, so if it doesn't show up in there it still could be something that someone installed for you. Try checking out the OpenCart demo, and compare your installation. If you see something in yours that doesn't exist in the demo, it could be an extension. Or, ask whoever set your website up for you, they should know.

2. I'd recommend hiring someone to upgrade OpenCart for you. I really wouldn't recommend upgrading from 2.3 to 3.0 though, it's not worth it in most cases. If you do really want to proceed, and you need to find a developer, you should post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Administrator