Post by madimar » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:28 pm

Guys, really sorry for that, but I'm working in hurry. Yes, there are still some issues with demo site. I will check soon.
Anyway, I will answer to your specific comments in next messages.

regards,

M

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro

Post by madimar » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:48 pm

Again, Thorworx, sorry I didn't install it correctly. Now it should work also salerep1 login. Now, my comments inline.
Thorworx wrote:O.K... now I know why I could not log in! Login as salerep1 is everything denied... I think it is not a good way to integrate it like that, as the full backend is still shown but locked down. This is very confusing! I think there should be only a dashboard displaying with direct access to all the available features, like customer orders, customer addressbook and such. I have seen a mod somewhere that can hide all the other navigation. I will definitly make use of that!
Actually the full backend is shown, you are right, but not everything is locked down(it was a problem of the installation, not i works). Admin can decide and assign the privileges he prefers to Sales Representative user group. As default, now things are set in order to allow to a sales rep:
- to see/mod sale/customers
- to see/mod sale/orders
- to send mail (sale/contact)
- to see/mod own data (sale/sale rep)
- to see customer orders report

Dashboard is also referred to each sale rep. You are right there are some specific mods hiding not allowed features, but it is not my mod purpose at the moment.
Thorworx wrote: Also there must be the phone number of the agent available in the admin section. Not only the email.

Overall, I could not see or test much as it was too confusing and the salerep1 was blocked.
Phone number is present... why can't you see it? It is in both Sales Representatives list and in detailed form.
Again, the site should be ok now.
Thorworx wrote: Some more ideas:
- A salerep should be able to approve new customers on the road by itself! When no admin is available he cannot create new orders!
It is possible, maybe now you can check!
Thorworx wrote: - Did you think about integrating a sales rep as an affiliate? So when one of his customers buys something he is rewarded the percentage of the netto sum automatically?

Best regards, Thorsten
This is something in my mind but it is something for future releases (not immediate).

Regards,

M

My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro

Post by madimar » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:54 pm

robster wrote:Glad you got in. Yes everything is locked out as salerep1..... :( If you try the original link on the extensions page (if it is still there) it worked ok.

I agree with you about the commissions, super idea and the telephone too. the main thing is the automatic assigning of customers to the agent - This would make this extension perfect.

robster
Guys, summarizing, with a sort of roadmap:
- telephone: already present
- automatic assigning of customers to the agent, based on country/zone: next release (maybe before Christmas)
- automatic creation of a related user, when you create a Sales Rep (today you need to create it manually, using the same email): next release
- commissions: to be planned for future releases
- auto hiding not allowed features: not planned, to be verified and done possibly with 3pty contributions
- other requests/suggestions: to be evaluated and planned!

regards,

M

Post by robster » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:01 pm

Damn, you are efficient.

To confirm things from a UK viewpoint regarding postcodes, we use the first part of a post code area for assigning to agents (although some companies use counties which I guess would make things easier for you). This means for example, postcode areas DN, or LS, or S, etc. The rest of the postcode is not normally relevant as the first one or two letters are usually enough for assigning areas.

A UK postcode is made up of letters and numbers but ALWAYS start with either one or two letters.

So as an example: postcode DN1 3HG -> only DN part is important - well to me anyway.

Also as another example: postcode S13 5UT _ only S part is important.

robster

I know my place...!

Location - North Yorkshire, UK

Post by madimar » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:11 pm

Robster, my idea to be honest was to use standard country and zone. To use postcodes, especially considering what you are describing about UK, sounds to me quite complex to be managed and it risks to become country specific (or even customer specific).
Countries and zones should be enough, shouldn't them? I would like to add something like a geozone (maybe exactly a geozone) to sales rep data page and that's all...

What do you think about?

M
robster wrote:Damn, you are efficient.

To confirm things from a UK viewpoint regarding postcodes, we use the first part of a post code area for assigning to agents (although some companies use counties which I guess would make things easier for you). This means for example, postcode areas DN, or LS, or S, etc. The rest of the postcode is not normally relevant as the first one or two letters are usually enough for assigning areas.

A UK postcode is made up of letters and numbers but ALWAYS start with either one or two letters.

So as an example: postcode DN1 3HG -> only DN part is important - well to me anyway.

Also as another example: postcode S13 5UT _ only S part is important.

robster

Post by robster » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:25 am

Hi M

Well it has to be by postcode for me, I will have to manually assign to agents in that case. Post codes are very normal here but I can see the difficulties you would have :) Some people will be happy to use counties (like Durham, Aberdeen, etc.) so this would be good for some.

robster

I know my place...!

Location - North Yorkshire, UK

Post by mtaitimu » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:14 am

Hi madimar,

You asked me to ctc you in the forums re Sales Rep and installation not via vqmod but by editing core files and for further details/steps. please advise.

Cheers

Post by madimar » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:44 pm

Just sent you a PM

Post by downunder » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:13 am

Hi Madimar,

I can't seem to get http://www.opencartzoom.com/oc1513sr to work... We're using 1.5.1.3 and are looking for a B2B theme/solution and yours looks pretty much what we're after. Can you please update the link for the demo, where to buy and also let me know if 1.5.1.3 would work? Thanks a lot!

Post by madimar » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:44 am

Sorry man, I recently moved all my demo sites. The right link is http://www.opencartzoom.com/demo/oc1513sr

Let me know for any doubt

M

Post by Renato Frota » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:55 pm

Hello,

Logged in as salerep1 in your demo, I am able to see route sales/salesrep (menu Sales > Sales Representatives). Shouldn't this be restricted to main admin?

I can also transfer orders and customers to another Sales Reps (shouldn't this action be restricted only to main admin as well?).

And, a request:

Can't you enable salerep1.domain.com or www.domain.com/salerep1 to be a redirect to www.domain.com + setting a cookie or guest session var that determines the sales rep (and when it's defined in cookie or guest session var, the corresponding selectbox being replaced by a hidden input with the corresponding sales rep)?

Thanks

Post by madimar » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:09 am

Hi Renato, answers inline.
Renato Frota wrote:Hello,

Logged in as salerep1 in your demo, I am able to see route sales/salesrep (menu Sales > Sales Representatives). Shouldn't this be restricted to main admin?
It was a problem in the demo due to all the manipulations of users. Now I fixed things.
Actually, you can fully decide what to allow and what not to sales reps through standard user group permission page (as admin). I included it, with the possibility for a sales rep to modify his data (only his data not others), but maybe I agree maybe it is better to restrict it to admin.
I can also transfer orders and customers to another Sales Reps (shouldn't this action be restricted only to main admin as well?).
It was a problem of the demo site as I was saying. Now I fix it. You can check.

And, a request:

Can't you enable salerep1.domain.com or http://www.domain.com/salerep1 to be a redirect to http://www.domain.com + setting a cookie or guest session var that determines the sales rep (and when it's defined in cookie or guest session var, the corresponding selectbox being replaced by a hidden input with the corresponding sales rep)?
It is something to be evaluated but I don't expect to be able to do it in a short time frame, at the moment.

Thanks
Let me know for anything,

M

Post by marietto » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:31 am

Hi Madimar,

Thanks for your nice job. I really like your plugin.
I have a question before to buy. When the agent want to do an order for one of his assigned Customer, he has to log in with the credentials of the Customer? Is it possible for him to log in with his account and do the order for his Customer?
Thank you
Mario

Post by madimar » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:01 pm

Well, in OC 1.5.1.3 an agent as another user (like admin), from customer list, can log in the shop as the final customer.
In this way he can prepare order for him. In fact he logs as the customer but without knowing its password.

M

Post by marietto » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:30 am

Thanks for your reply,

Mario

Post by mtaitimu » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi Madimar, I cant find your PM, please send again. This is regarding instructions to modify files instead of VQmod. I have noted in my files I purchased the mod but I dont seem to be able to find it. Not sure if I purchased elsewhere as doesn't show in my OC downloads.

Post by madimar » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi mtaitimu, to be honest I don't have any evidence of your purchase, so maybe you were going to do it but you didn't.
Please check on this point and let me know.
Regarding the instructions, in my last PM I told you that you can "find them" in the vqmod script itself, considering a vqmod script references every file to be modified and how to do it. If it is not enough for you, I can provide full standard Opencart files permanently modified by my mod, but I need to ask you a payment for this considering the necessary extra effort.
Please contact me directly via PM or email to info AT opencartzoom DOT com for any detail.

regards,

M

Post by mtaitimu » Tue May 08, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi madimar, I purchased and installed the extn thks mate.
A question which totally eludes me, where do we create the username/password for sales reps? i see where you create the sales rep but in the fields are no entry for the above? please advise.

Cheers

Post by madimar » Wed May 09, 2012 5:59 am

You need to create "standard" users, using the same main email address you used in sales rep creation. It should be described in the instructions.

Let me know for any issue,
M

Sent from my DesireHD.

Post by madimar » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:39 pm

Released for opencart 1.5.3.1 and 1.5.4.1

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk