Post by WilliamBD » Wed May 22, 2013 9:05 pm

(I apologize if this has already been mentioned.)
- The Affiliate does not correctly assign commission.

There is no model function on the catalog side of the site that will 'INSERT' to 'affiliate_transaction' table. There is however on the admin side of the site that does allow you to manually add commission.

How the affiliate module works so far:
- (The tracking code is stored when a person is given a link)
- If a person makes an order the tracking code is checked for
- When an order is made the commission rate is retrieved and added to the order alongside the affiliate id

What is missing:
- When an order is made the 'affiliate_transaction' table should be updated as well

*This is not a feature I personally have any intention of using but in the wake of trying to help another user I discovered this. If you would like I could provide a VQmod fix or update this via a fork on github, otherwise I hope I have provided enough information in this post.

*Disclaimer: I hope I have been as clear as possible and helpful. If you are unsure of anything please ask I will be happy to help - I do frequently watch the posts I have posted in previously.

How to change prices across a whole multi-store, with a baseline price for each product:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 24#p406793

Post by rph » Wed May 22, 2013 9:52 pm

That's not a bug, it's a feature request.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by navimeister » Sun May 26, 2013 7:08 pm

It seems tags don't work if they contain characters with accent, such as á, é. In those cases it's like an empty search that gives back all the products in the store.

Post by Johnathan » Sun May 26, 2013 10:36 pm

navimeister wrote:It seems tags don't work if they contain characters with accent, such as á, é. In those cases it's like an empty search that gives back all the products in the store.
That's usually down to your database encoding. You'll want to use uft8_unicode_ci for the tables that contain accents you want to search, like the "product_description" table. For example, to change that encoding, you would run the query:

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE product_description CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by navimeister » Mon May 27, 2013 4:09 am

Hello Jonathan, thanks for the tip but it didn't make a difference. Those databases were already in utf-8. Ultimately you helped me though with your post here:

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=161&t=96763

Replacing filter_tag with tag solved it immediately. Thanks!

Post by alifaraze » Fri May 31, 2013 10:42 pm

Sorry i forgot to add Log file error message
PHP Notice: Error: Could not load model catalog/attribute! in ...system\engine\loader.php on line 48

when i click insert/edit on product page it does not do anything and just blank page appears.

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:22 am

alifaraze wrote:Sorry i forgot to add Log file error message
PHP Notice: Error: Could not load model catalog/attribute! in ...system\engine\loader.php on line 48

when i click insert/edit on product page it does not do anything and just blank page appears.
This forum thread is to report bugs only, it is not for support requests. File admin/model/catalog/attribute.php clearly exists, you must have done something else to corrupt your Opencart installation.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by CodeSpace » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:31 pm

UDPATE is a new mysql-feature? ;)
Missing close with " ' " ModelSettingSetting on line 37

Fix:
replace editSettingValue with this lines

public function editSettingValue($group = '', $key = '', $value = '', $store_id = 0) {
		if (!is_array($value)) {
			$this->db->query("UPDATE " . DB_PREFIX . "setting SET `value` = '" . $this->db->escape($value) . "' WHERE `group` = '" . $this->db->escape($group) . "' AND `key` = '" . $this->db->escape($key) . "' AND store_id = '" . (int)$store_id . "'");
		} else {
			$this->db->query("UPDATE " . DB_PREFIX . "setting SET `value` = '" . $this->db->escape(serialize($value)) . "' WHERE `group` = '" . $this->db->escape($group) . "' AND `key` = '" . $this->db->escape($key) . "' AND store_id = '" . (int)$store_id . "', serialized = '1'");
		}
	}

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:59 pm

I think you are right, there is indeed a missing ending single-quote for the value in line 37:

old:

$this->db->query("UDPATE " . DB_PREFIX . "setting SET `value` = '" . $this->db->escape($value) . " WHERE `group` = '" . $this->db->escape($group) . "' AND `key` = '" . $this->db->escape($key) . "' AND store_id = '" . (int)$store_id . "'");
new:

$this->db->query("UDPATE " . DB_PREFIX . "setting SET `value` = '" . $this->db->escape($value) . "' WHERE `group` = '" . $this->db->escape($group) . "' AND `key` = '" . $this->db->escape($key) . "' AND store_id = '" . (int)$store_id . "'");
Let's hope Daniel picks it up.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by CodeSpace » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:08 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:I think you are right, there is indeed a missing ending single-quote for the value in line 37:

old:

$this->db->query("UDPATE " . DB_PREFIX . "setting SET `value` = '" . $this->db->escape($value) . " WHERE `group` = '" . $this->db->escape($group) . "' AND `key` = '" . $this->db->escape($key) . "' AND store_id = '" . (int)$store_id . "'");
new:

$this->db->query("UDPATE " . DB_PREFIX . "setting SET `value` = '" . $this->db->escape($value) . "' WHERE `group` = '" . $this->db->escape($group) . "' AND `key` = '" . $this->db->escape($key) . "' AND store_id = '" . (int)$store_id . "'");
Let's hope Daniel picks it up.
Please read my post completely!!!
U post the half of my post with the same trash from orginal opencart.
UDPATE isn´t correct!! I dosen´t make the red border for fun in my images. So dont post anything with the same bug.

For all other:
Don´t us his code. It´s dosen´t work too. To fix the bug, u can use my function from top.

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:17 pm

Mind telling me what's wrong with my suggested bugfix on line 37? It's the same fix as yours, I was only confirming your bug report.

Guru Member

Post by CodeSpace » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:41 pm

i can tell u the problem

u write fix: $this->db->query("UDPATE "
but UDPATE isn´t a fix. this is a bug!
correct, it would be written as:
UPDATE
also
$this->db->query("UPDATE"
u can´t offer this for a "fix" when u have the same bug again in ur code.

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:47 pm

Sorry, yes, you are right, I only saw the missing single quote, didn't spot the wrong spelling of UDPATE instead of UPDATE.

Guru Member

Post by mcurtis » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:37 am

Hi Guys,

Since updating i have discovered that the top search doesn't work (RED X). Then it pops up another search box in the body that does work (Blue Check). There is nothing in the Error Log and i am on 1.5.5.1 any Ideas?

Thanks!

Attachments

search.JPG

search.JPG (98.23 KiB) Viewed 9485 times

Post by Daniel » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 pm

mcurtis wrote:Hi Guys,

Since updating i have discovered that the top search doesn't work (RED X). Then it pops up another search box in the body that does work (Blue Check). There is nothing in the Error Log and i am on 1.5.5.1 any Ideas?

Thanks!
jquery need to be set to #content input[name='search']

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by mayor21 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:28 pm

tomsworkshop wrote:
JNeuhoff wrote:
tomsworkshop wrote:no font and font size for product edit ? ???
can't minimize after pressing the maximize button, i'm using firefox v19.0
Already fixed by Daniel, see https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/405
ok, i download the full version of ckeditor and replace it, now the problem fixed, thanks.
Still having issue with ckeditor. no font, no font size, no text alignment.
I did download latest file in github but still issue persist. any guidance? thank you

Currently using OpenCart ver 3.0.2.0
Trend2style.com

Post by SelfMan » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:53 am

What really bugs me is that this problem has already been fixed in march in github BUT the fix wasnt applied in the 1.5.5.1 branch. The code is too complex to hunt for such small bugfixes :-(
I think that the new 1.6.x version (or what ever it will be named) has so many enhancements, that it will be a very difficult upgrade process if you have customized modules.
(P.S.> sorry to be a bit off topic...)
CodeSpace wrote:i can tell u the problem

u write fix: $this->db->query("UDPATE "
but UDPATE isn´t a fix. this is a bug!
correct, it would be written as:
UPDATE
also
$this->db->query("UPDATE"
u can´t offer this for a "fix" when u have the same bug again in ur code.

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:47 pm

SelfMan wrote:What really bugs me is that this problem has already been fixed in march in github BUT the fix wasnt applied in the 1.5.5.1 branch. The code is too complex to hunt for such small bugfixes :-(
I think that the new 1.6.x version (or what ever it will be named) has so many enhancements, that it will be a very difficult upgrade process if you have customized modules.
This has been an ongoing problem with the OpenCart project, it's all about managing the source code repositories. There are probably a number of bugfixes which have not been back-ported from Opencart 2.0 to 1.5.5.1. Qphoria used to do something like this in the past, e.g. with the 1.4.9.x series of OpenCart, but I doubt any of the 1.5.x.x releases are 100% bugfree. I used to maintain a number of my own bugfixes in the form of VQmod XML files in past OpenCart releases. It would be nice if each new OpenCart release could be supported with security and bug fixes for a guaranteed amount of time, just as is done with e.g. Ubuntu Linux releases.

P.S.: The next OpenCart release will be 2.0, there won't be a 1.6!

Guru Member

Post by BrandonBerner » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:37 pm

Hey OpenCart Staff,

OpenCart has been amazing! Absolutely love the flexibility of OC.

I have came across a bug today where "Total Sales" and "Total Sales This Year" calculate all Order Statuses; even if the order is canceled. So fixing this would be great! Currently I delete canceled orders, and any order that is not completed, so i can get an accurate total. I hope to not have to continue doing so.
The solution that I will be applying right now is http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?t=51804 (Comment by Fido-X)

Some other features that would be great to add:
- Ability to add your own tabs to the navigation. (I currently hard coded it in)
- When item is out of stock, have an option to remove "Add to Cart" button, or change "Add to Cart" to "Out of Stock" or any stock status of that item.

PS: I have been using OC for 2 months now. :)

Brandon Berner

Post by rph » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:58 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
SelfMan wrote:What really bugs me is that this problem has already been fixed in march in github BUT the fix wasnt applied in the 1.5.5.1 branch. The code is too complex to hunt for such small bugfixes :-(
This has been an ongoing problem with the OpenCart project, it's all about managing the source code repositories. There are probably a number of bugfixes which have not been back-ported from Opencart 2.0 to 1.5.5.1. Qphoria used to do something like this in the past, e.g. with the 1.4.9.x series of OpenCart, but I doubt any of the 1.5.x.x releases are 100% bugfree. I used to maintain a number of my own bugfixes in the form of VQmod XML files in past OpenCart releases. It would be nice if each new OpenCart release could be supported with security and bug fixes for a guaranteed amount of time, just as is done with e.g. Ubuntu Linux releases.
I agree. I have a 1.5.4 fork on github just for bug fixes at https://github.com/opencarthelp/opencart_stable. Unfortunately I never had time to start 1.5.5 and the official bug fix fork seems to have been dead for quite a while now.

There are a lot of talented developers in the community. Why not delegate out some of the low-level maintenance work to a group? The alternative is nothing being done at all.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska