Post by bigal » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:35 pm

ADD Creative wrote:
opencartdev wrote:Australia Post wont calculate my shipping costs correctly? I updated my auspost.php file with no positive effect as recommended earlier in this post.

Ive set a weight and size but it's like the aus post shipping module doesnt even recognise these details?

I keep getting standard post costs: $6.60 and express $9.90 regardless of the products weights, qty and size. :joker:

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance
Dean
In catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php the following appears twice one for standard and one for express.

Code: Select all

'&height=70&width=70&length=70&country=AU&service_type=express&quantity=1&weight=' . $weight
This would suggest the height, width and length if fixed at 70 and only the cart weight is calculated. 0.7 x 0.7 x 0.7 = 0.343 m3. 0.343 * 250 = cubic weight of 85.75 kg assuming it's in cm.

Try editing the fixed height, width and lengths at the two places in catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php to be about your average parcel size.

I tested various sizes and weight using austpost calcuation, the price is the same for all parcel sizes and weight (within Australia posts's maximum allowable size, and cubic weight). You should get different prices if you use different destination post codes. Try test using destination codes, 4000 and then 2000.
The quotation is for 1 carton only. So if you usually sell lots of items in one order (more than 1 carton) this module wouldn't give you quotation for 2 cartons.

Best Regards/Allen Chen

Post by qiux » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:41 pm

ADD Creative wrote:OpenCart uses the subtotal of all products to to calculate weather a coupon is valid. It's a common way of doing it. What you want to do, although an equally valid way of doing things as well, would require a modification. As it's just not the way OpenCart works.
Okay, so which part that should i modify? could you please lead me the way?
Because its related to the module order total for the coupon, im not capable to edit that for my poor php scripts.
Thanks.

Post by ADD Creative » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:43 pm

Line 9 in \catalog\model\checkout\coupon.php is where the total is checked. You will need to change this.

Look at line 19 in \catalog\model\total\coupon.php to see how the coupon calculates the sub total for the right products only.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:08 am

bigal wrote:
ADD Creative wrote:
opencartdev wrote:Australia Post wont calculate my shipping costs correctly? I updated my auspost.php file with no positive effect as recommended earlier in this post.

Ive set a weight and size but it's like the aus post shipping module doesnt even recognise these details?

I keep getting standard post costs: $6.60 and express $9.90 regardless of the products weights, qty and size. :joker:

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance
Dean
In catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php the following appears twice one for standard and one for express.

'&height=70&width=70&length=70&country=AU&service_type=express&quantity=1&weight=' . $weight
This would suggest the height, width and length if fixed at 70 and only the cart weight is calculated. 0.7 x 0.7 x 0.7 = 0.343 m3. 0.343 * 250 = cubic weight of 85.75 kg assuming it's in cm.

Try editing the fixed height, width and lengths at the two places in catalog/model/shipping/auspost.php to be about your average parcel size.
I tested various sizes and weight using austpost calcuation, the price is the same for all parcel sizes and weight (within Australia posts's maximum allowable size, and cubic weight). You should get different prices if you use different destination post codes. Try test using destination codes, 4000 and then 2000.
The quotation is for 1 carton only. So if you usually sell lots of items in one order (more than 1 carton) this module wouldn't give you quotation for 2 cartons.
Looks like it's in mm so 0.07 x 0.07 x 0.07 = 0.000343 m3. 0.343 * 250 = cubic weight of 0.08575 kg which makes more sense.
If you make up the URL manually and paste in a web browser do you get the right prices?

http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?pickup_postcode=2000&destination_postcode=4000&height=70&width=70&length=70&country=AU&service_type=standard&quantity=1&weight=10
Gives 6.6. If I change the destination_postcode to 2000, I still get 6.6.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by opencartdev » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:22 am

Hi,

And thanks for a reply!

Ive added weights and sizes to all my products with no effect at all. Ive also tried different postcodes and this didnt change the prices either? I dont think it's calculating anything and if it is the module isnt taking any of it into account?

Does anyone have this working in 1.5.4? Id love to hear how and what I need to do to make it work.

Cheers

Post by bigal » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:44 am

opencartdev wrote:Hi,

And thanks for a reply!

Ive added weights and sizes to all my products with no effect at all. Ive also tried different postcodes and this didnt change the prices either? I dont think it's calculating anything and if it is the module isnt taking any of it into account?

Does anyone have this working in 1.5.4? Id love to hear how and what I need to do to make it work.

Cheers
When you test, change your quantity from 1 to 24 or more so that there is more weight, then you'd see price difference when you go to cart and quote using post code 2000 and 4000.

Best Regards/Allen Chen

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:55 pm

Both

http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?pickup_postcode=2000&destination_postcode=4000&height=70&width=70&length=70&country=AU&service_type=standard&quantity=24&weight=10
and

http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?pickup_postcode=2000&destination_postcode=2000&height=70&width=70&length=70&country=AU&service_type=standard&quantity=24&weight=10
return 158.4.

OpenCart is just returning the rate from http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp. And seem to work OK to me. I think you need to start another thread and explain exactly what you want to do with some clear examples and maybe someone can help you with the modifications.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by VictorDrummond » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:04 am

Hello to all.

Yesterday I installed 1.5.4.1 at: http://victordrummond.net/

From within the control panel, I installed a second store front at: http://yamaha-parts.victordrummond.net/

1) The first issue I noticed is that in the sub-domain version of the site, the drop down panes to the second level of navigation of the top menu are not rendering, yet this doesn't occur on the main domain shop front. Closer investigation reveals that the CSS file is trying to reference an image location related to the subdomain, where that is image isn't kept...

2) Today, I uploaded Vqmod 2.2.1 with the view to adding in modules for more SEF product and category URL's before I get too far into adding content... NOW, although the main domain store front still seems to load perfectly fine, on the sub-domain store front it seems any and every page will not have some of the images loaded, and to make matters a little more difficult to understand, it's random as to which images don't load.

Does anyone have ideas what's going on here?

Hosting for Oc 2.x: Well tested on 2.03.1 including emails work correctly, cPanel Shared or WHM VPS, managed security, fast & reliable SSD drives, Raid 10 /4 disk redundancy, server locale - Texas, contact me to discuss further.

Location - On the balcony slammin' Margaritas

Post by qiux » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:08 am

ADD Creative wrote:Line 9 in \catalog\model\checkout\coupon.php is where the total is checked. You will need to change this.

Look at line 19 in \catalog\model\total\coupon.php to see how the coupon calculates the sub total for the right products only.
Ok thanks @ADD, i will look into it.
Thanks alot.

Post by Sirius00 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:45 am

Hi,

Has anyone mentioned a bug in the royal mail shipping? If the weight setting is set as grams, it doesn't calculate properly and needs to be in Kilos. I've tried selecting different weights in both the shop settings and the payment setting and it just won't work unless Kilos is selected when I would prefer to use grams (since it won't display accurately if cart contents are shown in Kilos as it will only be to a couple of decimal places). If kilos is not selected it will see the weight as kilos anyway and overcharge the shipping. Maybe I need a new price settings for the grams (but if so why is there a selector in the module for the weight which I think should convert the price settings automatically)??

Post by bigal » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:21 am

ADD Creative wrote:Both

http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?pickup_postcode=2000&destination_postcode=4000&height=70&width=70&length=70&country=AU&service_type=standard&quantity=24&weight=10
and

http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?pickup_postcode=2000&destination_postcode=2000&height=70&width=70&length=70&country=AU&service_type=standard&quantity=24&weight=10
return 158.4.

OpenCart is just returning the rate from http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp. And seem to work OK to me. I think you need to start another thread and explain exactly what you want to do with some clear examples and maybe someone can help you with the modifications.
both above tests are 24 cartons and 10grams each so light that they are charged minimum price. It returns 6.6 x 24 cartons = 158.40

Try below 1 carton and 10 kgs
returns: 8.65
returns: 20.45

Best Regards/Allen Chen

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:02 pm

What are your weight classes set to in the Australia Post module, in the settings and in your products?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by dynamictemplate » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:55 pm

Maintenance mode for SEO - duplicate content.

Professional OpenCart Themes and OpenCart Templates at Dynamic Template

Post by TinyFoot » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:14 am

I use 1.5.4.1 and the problem is:

After a few days the option to edit orders disappears, meaning there is no "edit" button in the orders list. Like it expires.

Can anyone relate to that?

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:57 am

What is your "Order Editing" value set to in System -> Settings -> Edit -> Option in the Checkout section?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by tolinho » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:14 am

Hi,
I have two languages installed, english and portugues.
I use the Admin section in English.
When I update an order status, the customer receives the e-mail in the language he placed the order.
When I press "Add Reward Points" he receives an e-mail in the Admin language, and not the language he placed the order. I thing this is incorrect.

Hi have checked
admin\language\english\mail\customer.php
and
admin\language\portugues\mail\customer.php
for
$_['text_reward_subject']
$_['text_reward_received']
$_['text_reward_total']

And they have different values, the files are correctly translated.

Im running version 1541

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Post by guntis.e » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:27 pm

dabomb59404 wrote:
Daniel wrote:did you enable it under settings?
That does work for the category module under settings I see now but I believe that is a bug as the category module has its own setting to enable or disable product counts in the module edit. The enable counts under settings should be for header categories only as that is what it says it is for and has always been that way. The way it is now you either have the counts enabled for both module and header or you don't and that makes the product count enable/disable in the category module edit a useless setting.
I also found that category module is not reading the settings of product count enabled/disabled. Here i am attaching a fix for that.

Attachments

Guntis
Image Partneris.lv - opencart web site development and support

Post by Daniel » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:55 pm

TinyFoot wrote:I use 1.5.4.1 and the problem is:

After a few days the option to edit orders disappears, meaning there is no "edit" button in the orders list. Like it expires.

Can anyone relate to that?

setting in the admin settings

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by opencartdev » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:19 pm

bigal wrote:

And thanks for a reply!

Cheers
When you test, change your quantity from 1 to 24 or more so that there is more weight, then you'd see price difference when you go to cart and quote using post code 2000 and 4000.
A little bit more helpful at all? I did pass 1st grade at school! Instead of your waste of time comments, can you show me a site where it does work? Sorry to be blunt, but Im getting nowhere and your feedback isnt of any real value sorry...

As per another site which Im starting to beleive and think I should go back a version: http://www.websynn.com/2011/03/22/why-n ... cart-team/ Sad joke is this 1.5.x?

Post by bigal » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:22 pm

opencartdev wrote:
bigal wrote:

And thanks for a reply!

Cheers
A little bit more helpful at all? I did pass 1st grade at school! Instead of your waste of time comments, can you show me a site where it does work? Sorry to be blunt, but Im getting nowhere and your feedback isnt of any real value sorry...

As per another site which Im starting to beleive and think I should go back a version: http://www.websynn.com/2011/03/22/why-n ... cart-team/ Sad joke is this 1.5.x?
I got a test site -
Try http://www.giftnovelties.com.au/

order a product and in shopping cart, get estimate for postcode 2000 and 4000. You'd get different freight cost.
This is not a bug, just less functionality. You should open a new thread.

Best Regards/Allen Chen