Post by pfwebdesigns » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi All

This is my first time posting so help would be really appreciated.

I am trying to setup the sagepay payment module. After working through numerous issues I am receiving an error message 5052 from Sagepay, stating that the first name contains invalid characters. When I look at the sagepay error log showing what information has been passed over to them I have found that the first name field is blank, so opencart is not passing over the information entered into the first name field. I had the same problem with the delivery country code but upgrading to version 1.5.3.1 solved this issue but I am completely stuck as to how to fix this issue? Do I have to edit one of the opencart source files??

Please can someone from the development team help

Pete

Post by ADD Creative » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:43 pm

Try using the Sage Pay simulator. Look at the date from the Form decoded the Crypt field. Can you see anything strange there?

Are you using any extensions or mods?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by pfwebdesigns » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:08 am

Hi

Thanks for your help on this.

I have been in contact with sagepay and they have looked at the logs for me and told me that the data is not being passed over to the sagepay form in the correct way, hence one of the fields appears empty. I guess I need to edit one of the opencart files but don't have a clue where to start.

The only mod I am using is the cr2 html mod but that just allows you to add addional areas of html code to various pages, it doesn't have anything to do with the payment page?

Many thanks
Pete

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:08 am

Can't see that the CR2 HTML Module would effect anything.

I would run a test through the Sage Pay simulator to see the Form decoded the Crypt field and the data extracted from this. You might be able to see where the problem is. Or see if you can click through to complete payment.

Go to the Sage Pay payment module settings in OpenCart and set Test Mode: to Simulator.

in the decoded the Crypt field you should see parts like:
&BillingFirstnames=John&BillingSurname=SimthBillingAddress1=1MadeUpRoad&BillingCity=BigCity
&BillingPostCode=123445&BillingCountry=GB&BillingPhone=01234&DeliveryFirstnames=John&DeliverySurname=Smith

Then the extracted form data and if everything is OK a Proceed button at the bottom.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom