Post by lini » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:56 am

I have installed Opencart through Go Daddy on a Linux server. During the install, Magic Quotes was showing "on". I checked the php.ini file and they show off in there so I continued with the installation. Now, I have the following errors displayed at the top of my page:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/chroot/home/content/34/7766734/tmp/sess_puvb7j6565bt1t9sjqv1va41c5, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/content/34/7766734/html/signssignssigns/system/library/session.php on line 11Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/34/7766734/html/signssignssigns/index.php:100) in /home/content/34/7766734/html/signssignssigns/system/library/session.php on line 11Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/34/7766734/html/signssignssigns/index.php:100) in /home/content/34/7766734/html/signssignssigns/system/library/session.php on line 11Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/34/7766734/html/signssignssigns/index.php:100) in /home/content/34/7766734/html/signssignssigns/index.php on line 175Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/34/7766734/html/signssignssigns/index.php:100) in /home/content/34/7766734/html/signssignssigns/system/library/currency.php on line 45

I don't know what this error is and if it is related to the Magic Quotes issue. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Post by cwswebdesign » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:37 am

There might be a problem with the automatic installers. They aren't always the best! Might want to write down your database info and FTP the files instead making sure that you have proper permissions as well.

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by Daniel » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:56 pm

contact your host. this is go daddy not setting up there servers properly.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by ssjal » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:34 pm

I also had the same problem on godaddy since godaddy upgraded their hosting to 4GH.

To solve this:
system > library > session.php

Find:

Code: Select all

session_start();
Replace with:

session_save_path("/tmp"); session_start();
Also these changes are meant for the online files only as it is hosting problem with godaddy. For running your store locally, u do not need to make the above changes.

Post by zennet » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:52 am

THANKS SO MUCH!!

I just instsalled opencart 1.5.2.1 on godaddy and had this problem! wow GoDaddy is truly troublesome with so much features... bluehost so much easier, overall that has been my experience atleast.

Anyway, i made the little change you suggested replacing the code with this :session_save_path("/tmp"); session_start();

and it works fine now.Thanks so much

Post by cwswebdesign » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:33 am

zennet wrote:THANKS SO MUCH!!

I just instsalled opencart 1.5.2.1 on godaddy and had this problem! wow GoDaddy is truly troublesome with so much features... bluehost so much easier, overall that has been my experience atleast.

Anyway, i made the little change you suggested replacing the code with this :session_save_path("/tmp"); session_start();

and it works fine now.Thanks so much

GoDaddy is good for cheap domains and that's about it, IMO.

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by fmcjq » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:56 am

i met this problem too, and the error messeage disappeared when i add the code to session.php and create the tmp dir.
but there still problem: when i browse and order on the front store, i was auto signed out very often, this problem is so bad that our customer almost can not order on my store. here is my store: www.sinocet.com, hosted on godaddy 4GH Linux, and my site is under a sub directory of the root . Who can help me please ? Thanks a lot :)

Post by Daniel » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:42 pm

chmod your tmp directory needs to be 0777

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by weide43 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:14 pm

Ok, thanks this works.
But I have add the tmp folder and do it to 777

Then I got these errors in the admin.
Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: unknown option bit(s) set at offset 0 in /sites/WEBSITE/www/system/helper/utf8.php on line 155
Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: unknown option bit(s) set at offset 0 in /sites/WEBSITE.com/www/system/helper/utf8.php on line 155
Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: unknown option bit(s) set at offset 0 in /sites/WEBSITE.com/www/system/helper/utf8.php on line 155

Post by WebDev22 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:35 am

I ran into the same problem on a new installation, checked the forums, applied the code fix to session.php, and that fixed it. BE SURE TO CLEAR CACHE BEFORE DECLARING IT UNFIXED.

Post by byens » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:35 pm

Where should i make /tmp folder?

Selling Kristik - Jasa Foto Aura - Kapas Vapor - supplier baju anak -

Location - Surabaya

Post by mattak1 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:58 am

The problem solved by ssjal's advice.

1000 thanks!

Post by carovac » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:31 pm

ssjal wrote:I also had the same problem on godaddy since godaddy upgraded their hosting to 4GH.

To solve this:
system > library > session.php

Find:

session_start();
Replace with:

session_save_path("/tmp"); session_start();
Also these changes are meant for the online files only as it is hosting problem with godaddy. For running your store locally, u do not need to make the above changes.

Thanks
This is my session.php:

<?php
class Session {
public $data = array();

public function __construct() {
if (!session_id()) {
ini_set('session.use_only_cookies', 'On');
ini_set('session.use_trans_sid', 'Off');
ini_set('session.cookie_httponly', 'On');

session_set_cookie_params(0, '/');
session_start();
}

$this->data =& $_SESSION;
}

function getId() {
return session_id();
}
}
?>

There is no session_start in the file, as You can notice.

This is the Error while I accesss the user, front:
Warning: session_start(): open(/var/lib/php5/sess_340dcd0a1a186b45dbe360f484e02b9e, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in/htdocs/public/bassani/system/library/session.php on line 12Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /htdocs/public/bassani/index.php:102) in /htdocs/public/bassani/system/library/session.php on line 12Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /htdocs/public/bassani/index.php:102) in/htdocs/public/bassani/system/library/session.php on line 12Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /htdocs/public/bassani/index.php:102) in /htdocs/public/bassani/index.php on line 175Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /htdocs/public/bassani/index.php:102) in/htdocs/public/bassani/system/library/currency.php on line 45

THE PAGE OPENS REGULARLY BUT WITHOUT ANY HEADER.
See the Link:
http://bassani.jewels-arezzo.it/

And this is the Message i try to access admin Area, afater log in:

Warning: session_start(): open(/var/lib/php5/sess_488800bf3cb45211e614720b1036a8af, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /htdocs/public/bassani/system/library/session.php on line 12Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /htdocs/public/bassani/admin/index.php:81) in/htdocs/public/bassani/system/library/session.php on line 12Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /htdocs/public/bassani/admin/index.php:81) in/htdocs/public/bassani/system/library/session.php on line 12Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /htdocs/public/bassani/admin/index.php:81) in/htdocs/public/bassani/system/library/currency.php on line 45Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /htdocs/public/bassani/admin/index.php:81) in/htdocs/public/bassani/system/engine/controller.php on line 28Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /htdocs/public/bassani/admin/index.php:81) in/htdocs/public/bassani/system/engine/controller.php on line 29
Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /htdocs/public/bassani/admin/index.php on line 80

AFTER THE MESSAGE ONLY BLANCH PAGE

Post by sepecan » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:41 pm

I also had the same problem

Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_b67c48d7d7bd11b13ebd18465dd4dfad, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/sharkdoo/public_html/system/library/session.php on line 11Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sharkdoo/public_html/index.php:92) in /home/sharkdoo/public_html/system/library/session.php on line 11Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/sharkdoo/public_html/index.php:92) in /home/sharkdoo/public_html/system/library/session.php on line 11

Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_f8cd98c210da766914a5e6932460f7d8, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/sharkdoo/public_html/system/library/session.php on line 11Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sharkdoo/public_html/admin/index.php:72) in /home/sharkdoo/public_html/system/library/session.php on line 11Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/sharkdoo/public_html/admin/index.php:72) in /home/sharkdoo/public_html/system/library/session.php on line 11Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sharkdoo/public_html/admin/index.php:72) in /home/sharkdoo/public_html/system/engine/controller.php on line 27

Post by fresh79 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:59 pm

for those still having problems try this instead

session_save_path(realpath(dirname($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']) . '/tmp'));

Post by FlowersInHell » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:42 am

thanks man this really worked ^_^

Post by straightlight » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:38 am

session_save_path(realpath(dirname($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']) . '/tmp'));;
for:

if (!isset($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'])) {
    session_save_path(realpath(dirname(getenv('DOCUMENT_ROOT')) . '/tmp'));
} elseif (isset($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'])) {
}

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by FlowersInHell » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:34 am

straightlight wrote:

for:

}

both are working.
what could be the difference ?

Post by FlowersInHell » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:48 pm

public function __construct() {
		if (!session_id()) {
            ini_set('session.use_only_cookies', 'On');
			ini_set('session.use_trans_sid', 'Off');
			ini_set('session.cookie_httponly', 'On');

session_set_cookie_params(0, '/');
			session_start();
		}

this code for session worked for me

Post by straightlight » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:40 pm

FlowersInHell wrote:
straightlight wrote:

for:

}

both are working.
what could be the difference ?
It has been seen in the past that getenv would only work versus $_SERVER for restrictive and unknown reasons from web hosts but it is pretty rare. Setting those validations should clarify future problems whether which ones restricts and which ones doesn't.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON