Post by SoulV » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:19 am

Thanks... I think I done what you said already......

See the file here: http://www.bleujenflorist.com/flowersho ... 6.1.min.js

But im still getting the error.

Solve

Location - UK

Post by nishanttimothy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:30 am

SoulV wrote:Thanks... I think I done what you said already......

See the file here: http://www.bleujenflorist.com/flowersho ... 6.1.min.js

But im still getting the error.

Just visited your site and tried to do a test order ... I saw this trace on firebug ...

POST http://www.bleujenflorist.com/flowersho ... t/shipping
POST http://www.bleujenflorist.com/flowersho ... t/shipping

200 OK
303ms
jquery.min.js (line 4)
ParamsHeadersPostPutResponseCacheHTMLJSON

{"error":{"warning":"Warning: Shipping method required!"}}

And when the next continue is clicked -- there is no params passed.... which leads me to believe that it might be a case where a shipping method is required. What you could do is -- try to enable a shipping module and test it please? If it works then we can see how it reacts with firebug.

Give it a shot - worth a try!!!

Post by SoulV » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:37 am

Weight based shipping is always enabled. I have just enabled flat rate. Ill leave this up for hour or 2 so my vistiors dont get to confussed.

As you say... worth a shot!

It seems to happen more when doulbe clicked... my vistors are older.. so they tend to do that alot. Also I ahve tried new fresh installs... so im thinking my server could be a part to play.

To be honest.. haven got a clue. I hoppe someone else does :)

http://www.bleujenflorist.com/flowersho ... t/checkout

Solve

Location - UK

Post by SoulV » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:21 am

removed the flat rate now

Solve

Location - UK

Post by nishanttimothy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:41 pm

SoulV wrote:removed the flat rate now
Sorry SoulV - I only saw this post in the morning.

Once you set the flat rate - did you try again - with a test order and what happened?

If not - can you please do it again - test it out yourself and see if there are any errors that firebug throws up. Alternatively you can turn it on between 10:00 AM to 10:15 AM. I will try to have a look at it again.

NT

Post by SoulV » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:02 pm

Its ok... thanks for your help anyway.

I have put it up now... its even worse than before on my machine.

Fire bug says:

GET http://www.bleujenflorist.com/flowersho ... s/shipping

403 Forbidden
64ms
jquery.min.js (line 4)

403 Forbidden
65ms
jquery.min.js (line 4)
POST http://www.bleujenflorist.com/flowersho ... s/shipping

AND

GET http://www.bleujenflorist.com/flowersho ... try_id=222

200 OK
126ms
jquery.min.js (line 4)
GET http://www.bleujenflorist.com/flowersho ... try_id=222

403 Forbidden
42ms
jquery.min.js (line 4

Solve

Location - UK

Post by SoulV » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:13 pm

I got this reply on another forum:
Hi,

Most likely, the problem is caused by terminated ajax requests, when a user clicks on a button several times. Every subsequent click sends several simultaneous ajax requests to the server. These requests are ‘light’ and shouldn’t cause a big server load, but it could happen (especially on slower servers, e.g. shared hosting) and some of the requests could be terminated. Even if they don’t cause server load and no termination occurs, there is a good change for a so called ‘race condition’. When a race condition occurs, the ajax events are not called in the desired order and this causes mess, which could prevent the checkout form from responding.

This is solely an opencart issue, but it could be easily fixed (or at least the chance to occur could be minimized). What needs to be done is to ‘block’ the ‘continue’ button until all ajax requests arrive. This way, no additional requests will be fired, if the user keeps clicking the button before information from the server has arrived.

You should keep in mind however, that we reproduced the issue on your server, but not on ours. This means, that most likely the terminated requests are caused by a slow server response. It would be a good idea to try with another hosting solution until this issue is fixed.

We could (and probably will) address this issue, but it needs good testing and proper error messages in case of terminated requests, so we will leave it for a future release. We are putting it on our ToDo list. No promises or ETA here, though.

Solve

Location - UK

Post by nishanttimothy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi Soulv,

I just tested your site and it works from end to end.... I was able to go from ordering all the way to payment. Not sure if you can see that happening.

I got to the stage where it asked me to pay via paypal or credit / debit card.

My observation is that - It works fine at my end!

Cheers,

NT

Post by nishanttimothy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:20 pm

nishanttimothy wrote:Hi Soulv,

I just tested your site and it works from end to end.... I was able to go from ordering all the way to payment. Not sure if you can see that happening.

I got to the stage where it asked me to pay via paypal or credit / debit card.

My observation is that - It works fine at my end!

Cheers,

NT
Forgot to mention --- this is with the flat rate postage option enabled. So atleast we are getting somewhere!!!

Post by SoulV » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Did you give it a few doulbe clicks? hehe Its very ill my side... ill try and do a refesh then. Where do we go from here?

Solve

Location - UK

Post by nishanttimothy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:36 pm

SoulV wrote:Did you give it a few doulbe clicks? hehe Its very ill my side... ill try and do a refesh then. Where do we go from here?

I just tried it again and it still works.... :))

I clicked the living daylights out of it...and it still works. Are you sure it is not a browser issue at your end???

NT.

Post by SoulV » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:45 pm

Haha Well thats great news! Thanks

What do I need to do now. I cant leave flat rate on there. Is there something I can adjust?

I just got an order through.. so your right its working.

Solve

Location - UK

Post by nishanttimothy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:51 pm

SoulV wrote:Haha Well thats great news! Thanks

What do I need to do now. I cant leave flat rate on there. Is there something I can adjust?

I just got an order through.. so your right its working.
Lol!!! Great!!!

I think you should set your geo location for the flat rate...delivery only to your local area for example. Not sure -- have not explored the options in its entierity as yet!!!

Post by SoulV » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:49 pm

nishanttimothy wrote:
I think you should set your geo location for the flat rate...delivery only to your local area for example. Not sure -- have not explored the options in its entierity as yet!!!
Thanks for that... I have 3 local areas and no further any ideas on how to implement? As I said... i used weight based shipping, but I obviously need a work around.

Solve

Location - UK

Post by SoulV » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:37 am

I FIXED IT!!!!!! After 7 months of posting here, sweat, tears, loss of customers and money... Ive cracked it!

The answer..... I moved servers!

Now im going to party! :laugh: 8) :D ;D :drunk: :P

Solve

Location - UK

Post by nishanttimothy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:21 pm

SoulV wrote:I FIXED IT!!!!!! After 7 months of posting here, sweat, tears, loss of customers and money... Ive cracked it!

The answer..... I moved servers!

Now im going to party! :laugh: 8) :D ;D :drunk: :P

Blimey that took a while didnt it!!!...Who would have thought!!

Post by C Devine » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:16 pm

I had a a similar problem in that both the shopping cart and checkout would not let me click any steps, after using the cart successfully for over a year, I went to error log in the dashboard: admin - system - error log

Results (in multiple instances):

PHP Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /home/--------/public_html/catalogue/admin/index.php on line 183

PHP Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /home/--------/public_html/catalogue/index.php on line 259

I replaced both index.php files with files I had archived from a previous backup (I backup my whole website once a week) and problem is solved.

catalogue/admin/index.php
catalogue/index.php

Hope this helps

Post by abc241 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:04 am

Hi,
I'm from Vietnam. I'm using Opencart V1.5.5.1, after 2 weeks having trouble with this problem, I have solved it.
It's very simple, reason is emailed after registration.

Open file: catalog\model\account\customer.php and comment code block from line 40 ($mail = new Mail();) to line 86 (before the last "}" of function addCustomer($data)).

and it will run fine.

Post by dynamodaveo » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:39 am

MY PROBLEM WAS:

The mail settings were incorrect and not sending the mail out on registration.

Yesterday I tried to use SMTP instead of mail to help mail delivery.
I wanted mail sent as info@storedomain.com instead of user@serverhostname.com

I hope this helps some other folks.

Post by LichtenbergFGRS » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:38 pm

Hi there

I am having this issue on my website using Opencart 1.5.6.1. Web address is www.bananacomputers.co.uk

I have set up customers under a new 30 Day Account group. It is just name and email. There is no addresses added. When a customer goes to purchase something from the website using their account and need to add a Billing Address, it will not proceed onto Shipping Address when clicking the OK button.

I have tried the solutions listed here but to no avail.

If a brand new customer registers and buys something then the process works fine. It only gets stuck where an existing customer logs in, goes to checkout and has to enter a new (or alternative) billing address.

I am using a custom template.

Thanks
Colin