Post by straightlight » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:54 am

DragonJ wrote:I didn't thoroughly read what other people have done here, but I found this thread because I too was getting stuck at step 2 and step 3.

The fix was to disable the "Free Shipping" shipping option.

Extensions > Shipping > Free Shipping = disable.

I re-enabled this module and it gets stuck again during the checkout process. Only when it's disabled will the checkout process advance. Hopefully that helps some people.
When you configure the Admin - > Modules - > Shipping - > Free Shipping - > Geo zones settings and get back to the form, does it save the selected option ?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by lavapacks » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:32 am

I am having a similar issue and would like to add an observation I have made. First off I have a fresh 1.5.1.3 installation. If I go through the checkout I can get through the process just fine as a guest checkout. Its only when I try the checkout again as a registering user does the process hold up at step two. All the same symptoms that have been described here. The required fields are filled in and click on continue and the page sits and loads for a while and nothing happens. If I check the admin side the account is created so it leads me to believe something is holding up the process to advance to step three. I started doing some playing around and notice similar behavior when I click on the register user at the top of the page. So I started looking at the mail setting in the Default Site -> Edit -> Mail. I had it setup with SMTP with valid credentials but the registration would come back and tell me AUTH FAILED. If I change this to MAIL option it would eventually go through and send the mail to the registered user but the process takes well over a minute or two. Are there tools to look at why the mail is taking so long? I have looked at the error log, but I am not seeing anything there.
Last edited by lavapacks on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by SoulV » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:18 pm

I have that module disabled but am still getting the problem.

I employed someone to fix it... the slowed down the ajax loading and its better but im still getting people not able to purchase....

This is unbelievable that this problem exists and have had this problem since November.

I’ve had little help from Daniel or Q on this.. They seem to think this problem does not exist!!!!
Obviously it does exist and someone should take a serious look at it.
I will not use Opencart for any future projects until this fundamental problem is rectified!

Solve

Location - UK

Post by rexlatour » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:42 am

I believe that this has fixed my problems witht he continue button,
a Big thank you to those that were involved.

Post by SoulV » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:39 pm

rexlatour wrote:I believe that this has fixed my problems witht he continue button,
a Big thank you to those that were involved.
Can you explain what fixed your problems? It may help many other find a solution.

Solve

Location - UK

Post by georghill » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:50 am

I wonder if this has something to do with javascript. I have faced this phenomen too but what happens is that on first click of the submit button nothing happens (except kind of processing/loading icon will shortly display), but when clicking the second time the execution flow goes on normally to step 3, so I always have to click twice to get to the next step. Anyone else has this kind of behaviour. I have version 1.5.1.3.1.

Post by SoulV » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:27 pm

I have installed a brand new install and changed zero. The checkout problem still happens.

Anyone got any more ideas.

See this video that shows problem with new install

http://screenr.com/L488

Solve

Location - UK

Post by antoniokam » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:42 pm

hi,

I have the same problem but only happened to registered users, guest checkout got no problem.
I'm using version 1.5.2.1, i thought the problem should be solved in this version?!

thanks.

Post by harvan75 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:29 pm

chrizt wrote:I have the same problem with you guys (http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 80#p210880) and a dev-friend help me find the solution:

In /catalog/controller/checkout/register.php on line 28 i change the utf8_strlene to utf8_strlen.

An e bug... ;)

Also the version 1.5.1.3.1 solve the problem (http://code.google.com/p/opencart/downl ... l:Featured)

SOLUTION 2
Thought I better let people know that this particular solution worked for me!

Post by antoniokam » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:32 pm

thanks for that but it doesn't solve mine :'(

Post by SoulV » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:42 pm

thanks too... but no joy fix here since nov 2011 and still looking for solution. ???

Solve

Location - UK

Post by antoniokam » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:06 pm

then u r running your cart with the bug?
how could it be?!
thanks.

Post by antoniokam » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:16 pm

anyone to help?
I have a running cart but pointless if it cldn't serve my customers.
I dun think I shall downgrade to my previous backup as it's like version v1.4.9.1.

thanks and appreciate for any help if possible.

Post by boon » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:00 pm

DragonJ wrote:I didn't thoroughly read what other people have done here, but I found this thread because I too was getting stuck at step 2 and step 3.

The fix was to disable the "Free Shipping" shipping option.

Extensions > Shipping > Free Shipping = disable.

I re-enabled this module and it gets stuck again during the checkout process. Only when it's disabled will the checkout process advance. Hopefully that helps some people.

I used this : Extensions > Shipping > Free Shipping = disable.

and I kept only FLAT RATE SHIPPING As my client wanted i disable all other options and it worked for me now.

Post by SoulV » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Thanks for your post but I have only weight based shipping enabled and it still does not work correcly.

Solve

Location - UK

Post by saeedena » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:09 pm

Check translation files into the checkout folder of your catalog\language\your language\checkout and make sure the encoding of this files is ANSI (not UTF-8).
Check encoding with an text editor software like Notepad++ and change encoding to (UTF-8 without BOM).

Post by GaryG » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:57 pm

I have an issue with customers not able to go past step 5 to apply credit card info. I assumed it was a browser compatibility issue and tell customers to upgrade the browser to the most current version and it has worked every time. I usually advise them to download google chrome. Any issue I have incurred with the check out process was due to an older browser and updating seemed to have resolved this issue. I believe the there is a code conflict. The older browser can not resolve the code on the page and move on.

I have OC 1.5.1

Post by nishanttimothy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:47 am

SOLVED!!!!

OK I know a lot of you have been having problems -- I have tracked this error down to a JQUERY error.

To solve it replace the minified version of JQUERY by the uncompressed version.

STEP 1:

Go to your installation folder for JQUERY. (Eg: yoursite/catalog/view/javascript/jquery)

STEP 2:

Rename the existing JQUERY X.X.X.X.min.js (X = the version number) (dont delete it just as yet)

STEP 3:

Create a copy of the file that you just renamed. Change it to the same name as it was before you renamed it. (EG: If the file was jquery.1.1.1.min.js and you changed it to jquery.1.1.1.min.js_old and then you created a copy. Name this new copy jquery.1.1.1.min.js)

STEP 4:

Downloaded the latest version of the unpacked JQUERY (not the minified version) and copy and paste it to the file that you just renamed. Remember.....you are only replacing the code inside the file. Opencart still thinks it is the same file.

STEP 5: Save / test / enjoy!!!!

Hope you get it working!

NT.

Post by SoulV » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:05 pm

Thanks NT for your efforts,

Unfortuantly mine is still not working. I have cleaned the cache etc and uploaded the new file with the same name... shame.. I was really hopeful this time!

:( ???

Solve

Location - UK

Post by nishanttimothy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:52 pm

SoulV wrote:Thanks NT for your efforts,

Unfortuantly mine is still not working. I have cleaned the cache etc and uploaded the new file with the same name... shame.. I was really hopeful this time!

:( ???
Hi SoulV,

Dont upload the new file....go to the JQUERY website and open the latest version of the uncompressed JQUERY. Your code should look something like this...

Code: Select all

/*!
 * jQuery JavaScript Library v1.7.2
 * http://jquery.com/
 * Copyright 2011, John Resig
 * Dual licensed under the MIT or GPL Version 2 licenses.
 * http://jquery.org/license
 * Includes Sizzle.js
 * http://sizzlejs.com/
 * Copyright 2011, The Dojo Foundation
 * Released under the MIT, BSD, and GPL Licenses.
 * Date: Wed Mar 21 12:46:34 2012 -0700
 */
(function( window, undefined ) {

// Use the correct document accordingly with window argument (sandbox)
var document = window.document,
	navigator = window.navigator,
	location = window.location;
var jQuery = (function() {........................so on and so forth}}}

//

------ Just copy and paste the code from the JQUERY website (link provided: http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.7.2.jsinto the file (as shown in the path previously where it references JQUERY.X.X.X.min.js

Let us know how you get on...