Post by Qphoria » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:03 am

This thread is for ALL v1.4.9.6 bugs. Please keep them in one thread instead of multiple threads as it is easier to search and fix them. New bugs and fixes will be updated in this first post so check here often.

Bugs marked as "HOTPATCHED" means that it was found early enough or found not to affect main files so it is just easier to fix the glitch rather than create a new version. So I will show the date I updated the zip file. This means that if you downloaded the zip AFTER the date listed, the 1.4.9.6 zip (full and patch only) will already have the fix.

Bugs:
- Moneybookers has missing $ in the variable name. (HOT PATCHED ON 25-JUL-2011) [FIX]
Last edited by i2Paq on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made "normal" as 1.5.2 is released

Administrator

Post by sergiubarbu » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:00 pm

i get this error message : Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=' in /home/admin/public_html/voucherstore.net/catalog/controller/payment/moneybookers.php on line 92

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:27 pm

sergiubarbu wrote: i get this error message : Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=' in /home/admin/public_html/voucherstore.net/catalog/controller/payment/moneybookers.php on line 92
Ah crap..

1. EDIT: catalog/controller/payment/moneybookers.php

2. FIND:

Code: Select all

verified = true;
3. REPLACE WITH:

$verified = true;

Administrator

Post by JustinCase » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:54 pm

Trying to do the right thing here, reporting bugs. Keep in mind that although I have (I think) version 1.4.8 of OpenCart I can easily imagine that the bugs may persist.
  1. /catalog/controller/feed/google_base.php: There seems to be an underlying row-limiting aspect of model_catalog_product->getProducts() that will only allow 20 items to appear in your Google Product data feed. I've mod'd mine to ignore the default method and use a custom one.
  2. /catalog/controller/feed/google_base.php: The Google Product data feed requires a single weight category and can't handle ounces and pounds. I mod'd mine to convert everything into a common weight class consistent with their specs versus changing all of my products to a single unit.
  3. /catalog/model/catalog/product.php: If you've added more than one Category to a Product then it negatively affects the SQL joins for the main product listing. The product_to_category joins aren't written correctly in the SQL, resulting in multiple/repeated products appearing in the main product list. I mod'd mine to do the correct SQL query given this circumstance.
  4. /catalog/controller/feed/google_base.php: The feed requires a UPC code. I mod'd mine to use SKU as UPC.
  5. /admin/controller/payment: There was no payment method for entering a credit card to do an in-store processing without using some third-party provider. I mod'd mine to do this.
  6. /catalog/controller/feed/google_base.php: Produces more g:product_type fields than the Google Product data feed is happy with. I mod'd mine to limit to the appropriate amount (versus editing my store to limit the categories and missing out on showing the products when necessary).

Post by Qphoria » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:07 am

JustinCase wrote: [*]/catalog/controller/feed/google_base.php: There seems to be an underlying row-limiting aspect of model_catalog_product->getProducts() that will only allow 20 items to appear in your Google Product data feed. I've mod'd mine to ignore the default method and use a custom one.
There is no such limitation on that function.. at least not in 1.4.9.6. Other model functions do have a default limit of 20 if not passed in, but in reality that function "should" offer a limit since it could return many thousands of products so its almost a reverse bug.
JustinCase wrote: [*]/catalog/controller/feed/google_base.php: The Google Product data feed requires a single weight category and can't handle ounces and pounds. I mod'd mine to convert everything into a common weight class consistent with their specs versus changing all of my products to a single unit.
Not sure of this one either. It formats the weight based on what it is. OpenCart doesn't support pounds and ounces either. It supports it written as a decimal 1.5lbs (1lb, 8oz). So there isn't really anything to convert.
JustinCase wrote: [*]/catalog/model/catalog/product.php: If you've added more than one Category to a Product then it negatively affects the SQL joins for the main product listing. The product_to_category joins aren't written correctly in the SQL, resulting in multiple/repeated products appearing in the main product list. I mod'd mine to do the correct SQL query given this circumstance.
Never heard of this one but I'll take a look
JustinCase wrote: [*]/catalog/controller/feed/google_base.php: The feed requires a UPC code. I mod'd mine to use SKU as UPC.
Yes this is a constant issue with google base.. Usually passing the SKU doesn't work either as it expects a UPC to exist in the world somewhere and throws a warning about it not being valid.
[/quote]
JustinCase wrote: [*]/admin/controller/payment: There was no payment method for entering a credit card to do an in-store processing without using some third-party provider. I mod'd mine to do this.
Well that's not a bug. There are 3rd party extensions for this.
JustinCase wrote: [*]/catalog/controller/feed/google_base.php: Produces more g:product_type fields than the Google Product data feed is happy with. I mod'd mine to limit to the appropriate amount (versus editing my store to limit the categories and missing out on showing the products when necessary).
This is built based on how many subcategories you have.. I guess if you have a lot it could be a problem.

If you have the fixed files and would like to attach them I could review them and see about adding them, tho it is likely that there won't be anymore 1.4.9.x releases anyway.. and these all sound like they've been there forever. But I do appreciate you taking the time.

Administrator

Post by JustinCase » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:27 am

Qphoria wrote:
JustinCase wrote:[*]/catalog/controller/feed/google_base.php: Produces more g:product_type fields than the Google Product data feed is happy with. I mod'd mine to limit to the appropriate amount (versus editing my store to limit the categories and missing out on showing the products when necessary).
This is built based on how many subcategories you have.. I guess if you have a lot it could be a problem.
You can easily get 20 or 30 categories for a particular product if it is a part like an inline fuel filter and it's used on many different motors. (You can't really just uncheck some of the categories for the product to make Google happy.)

Post by GhostHunt » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:51 pm

OC 1.4.9.6 Free Shipping Module

I tested the Free Shipping Module+Weight Based Shipping and found the following:

1) If there are 3 items in the basket during check out and 2 are flagged for "Free Shipping" and 1 of the
items is less than the threshold limit then the 1 item which is less than the threshold limit is still accruing
shipping charges. Example Results

Product A Weight 5lbs Price $50.00
Product B Weight 10lbs Price $120.00
Product C Weights 100lbs Price $500.00

Product B does not have its weight added to the Total Shipping Weight
Total Shipping Weight Charges for 105lbs (incorrect).

Could be a subtotal issue?

2) This DOES work. Product A and B both flagged for free shipping if Subtotal > $100. Whose total is $160.00 Both items receive free shipping:

Free Shipping Shipping applied to both items correctly.

3) I tested "Free Shipping Module"+"Coupon for Free Shipping"+"Weight Based Shipping Module"
In this test I set the following

1) Free Shipping Coupon for Product A and B turned on. Set "Free Shipping Module" to No "free shipping"
for Product C anything above $1.00 for aby GEO code.

I put Product A, B and C into the cart and checked out. Free shipping was applied to all 3 items

Product C Weights 100lbs Price $500.00

Resulting in all 3 A,B, and C shipping for Free.

I don't think that is the desired result.

Post by Qphoria » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:24 am

So the problem you are seeing is discussed here:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?t=23895
And it is a logistics issue that isn't fixed yet because we're not sure of the best way.

First off, products selected in the "Free Shipping" area are asynchronous from the cart's handling of product weights
There are 2 spots where shipping is considered. At the cart product level, and the shipping level.

In the cart level... If the "Require ShIpping" setting is No for the product, two things happen:
a. The product's shipping weight is removed from the total cart weight (this is good)
b. The shipping address step is skipped because it assumes that by not wanting the shipping to include the weight, it assumes you don't want to ship it at all (this is bad)

At the shipping level... If the product is selected in the Free shipping module, then it only controls triggering a 0.00 fee during the checkout process. The result is that in this rare combination of weight based and free item shipping in the same cart, bad things happen.

So if you have 2 items in the cart. One of them is marked for free shipping and the other is not.
a. Free shipping will NOT show up at all to prevent allowing the other one from missing shipping (this is bad)
b. The free shipped item's weight will be counted as part of the total weight and charged for shipping (this is worse)

Unfortunately this is still an issue in 1.5.x as well. The "product chooser" in the free shipping module is not there but it still leaves the issue with needing to get the shipping information for products that need to be marked as free and have their weight excluded from the cart weight. And it will enable free for ALL products.

So there needs to be a 3rd setting in the "Require Shipping" flag I think
Yes, No, Address only

Yes - Go through normal shipping, include product weight in the cart
No - Skip shipping for this item, exclude product weight in the cart
Address Only - Do not skip shipping, but exclude weight from cart and let shipping module control if the item is free or paid

Administrator

Post by Brook » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:09 am

I have OpenCart 1.4.9.6 installed for some reason everday I get the same message writen to my Error Log. I have already removed all white spaces in the system\library\session.php file and searched the message boards and read up on the "headers already sent" error message.

Does anyone have any other ideas why this error message is being written to my Error Log?

Here is the Error Message

2011-09-06 14:23:55 - PHP Warning:  session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /homepages/15/xxx/htdocs/websites/xxx/retail/xxx/vqmod/vqmod.php:72) in /homepages/15/xxx/htdocs/websites/xxx/retail/xxx/system/library/session.php on line 10
Here is my code for system\library\session.php

<?php
final class Session {
	public $data = array();

public function __construct() {
		if (!session_id()) {
			ini_set('session.use_cookies', 'On');
			ini_set('session.use_trans_sid', 'Off');
			session_set_cookie_params(0, '/');
			session_start();
		}
		$this->data =& $_SESSION;
	}
}
?>
Thank you.

Post by rph » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:21 pm

This is usually an issue with your host, Brook.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by ajay_g_m » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:46 am

I got this error when I opened the project in Eclipse.
Attached is the patch for the file "upload/catalog/controller/payment/moneybookers.php".
This is on the branch "v14x".

- Ajay

Attachments

Patch for the file "upload/catalog/controller/payment/moneybookers.php" on the branch "v14x".

Post by jcsmithy » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:08 pm

No Idea if bugs are still being done for tthese 1.4.9 versions, but I'll post away anyway.

This bug is actually in many versions, 1.4.9.6 and 1.4.9.1 checked and it existed in both - Surprised it's never been picked up before!

Manufacturer Total Product Query

public function getTotalProductsByManufacturerId($manufacturer_id = 0) {
    $query = $this->db->query("SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "product WHERE status = '1' AND date_available <= NOW() AND manufacturer_id = '" . (int)$manufacturer_id . "'");

return $query->row['total'];
}
The query doesnt account for products in different stores, so it ends up returning all products with that ID, resulting in the pagination being incorrect on manufacturer pages.

Should also query everything else the standard manufactuer product query checks (ie, product description table), as that could end up turning up a different result.

Sorted in 1.5 as it handles the queries completely differently.

Post by Qphoria » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:30 pm

ajay_g_m wrote:I got this error when I opened the project in Eclipse.
Attached is the patch for the file "upload/catalog/controller/payment/moneybookers.php".
This is on the branch "v14x".

- Ajay
This was patched in the 1.4.9.6 zip back in July so you shouldn't have to worry about it if using the zip. I just haven't updated it on the svn

Administrator

Post by kja03 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:44 am

I have just upgraded to 1.4.9.6

My issue is with the LATEST module (Latest Products). It is enabled on the Home page with a sort order of '1'. If I disable the module (as I don't want it displaying) or I set its sort order to lower than any other module, the site goes blank.

I upgraded from 1.4.9.3 as the Bestseller module was doing the same thing. It's fine now, but the problem has just moved to a different module. Any ideas on a fix for this?

Kieron :)

Post by Ganapoes » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:15 pm

I got this error when I opened the project in Eclipse.

Cheap Korean Clothes

Post by eka7a » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:42 am

catalog/controller/product/manufacturer.php, product.php, search.php and special.php

FIND

$add = HTTPS_SERVER . 'index.php?route=checkout/cart&product_id=' . $result['product_id'];
REPLACE

$add = HTTP_SERVER . 'index.php?route=checkout/cart&product_id=' . $result['product_id'];

Windows 11 Pro Digital License Key

Location - Türkiye

Post by Brook » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:27 pm

I have OpenCart 1.4.9.6 installed. I understand that if a Customer starts an order and then does not finish their order by going through the entire checkout process then the Order Status for the Order is set to "0" an Abandoned Order.

Not sure if I am seeing things or if this is by design It looks to me like Abandoned Orders decrement Product Option Quantities and Product Quantities. Is this true? I would expect for Product Option Quantities and Product Quantities to only get decremented once an order is actually placed.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:23 am

The decrement call is done in the "confirm" function. It will not decrement if the order status = 0

Administrator

Post by rph » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:27 am

Not a bug. The price isn't formatted.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by rph » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:30 am

aas202 wrote:What you mean not a bug?
That it's not a bug. cart->getProducts passes the data as a float, not a formatted string.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member