Post by fido-x » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:53 am

I notice that a "Special Offers" page has now been included, along with "special price", "start date" and "end date" for the special price (I wonder where those ideas came from ;) ).

The special price is not displayed in the "Latest Products" function on the home page or in the "Best Sellers" module in the column.

The price in the "Latest Products" function on the home page can be fixed by changing line 17 in "catalog/view/theme/default/template/common/home.tpl" from:

Code: Select all

<span style="color: #900; font-weight: bold;"><?php echo $products[$j]['price']; ?></span><br />
to:

<span style="color: #900; font-weight: bold;"><?php echo $products[$j]['price']; ?></span><br />
<?php } else { ?>
<span style="color: #900; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: line-through;"><?php echo $products[$j]['price']; ?></span><br />
<span style="color: #F00;"><?php echo $products[$j]['special']; ?></span>
<?php } ?>
And in "catalog/view/theme/default/template/module/popular.tpl", change line 9 from:

<span style="font-size: 11px; color: #900;"><?php echo $product['price']; ?></span></td>
to:

<?php if (!$product['special']) { ?>
<span style="color: #900; font-weight: bold;"><?php echo $product['price']; ?></span><br />
<?php } else { ?>
<span style="color: #900; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: line-through;"><?php echo $product['price']; ?></span><br />
<span style="color: #F00;"><?php echo $product['special']; ?></span>
<?php } ?></td>

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by Daniel » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:12 am

Thanks for letting me know.

"I notice that a "Special Offers" page has now been included, along with "special price", "start date" and "end date" for the special price (I wonder where those ideas came from )."

Actually special price is a pretty common feature. Its in OSC. Also If you want I can show you an old sourceforge opencart download link with special prices. It was a really early v0.x version.

Administrator

Post by fido-x » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:46 am

Daniel wrote:Actually special price is a pretty common feature. Its in OSC. Also If you want I can show you an old sourceforge opencart download link with special prices. It was a really early v0.x version.
I wasn't making any accusations. To be perfectly honest, I quite like the way you've implemented it. Probably a better way of applying a special price than I did with my mod anyway.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by Qphoria » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:20 am

fido-x wrote:I notice that a "Special Offers" page has now been included, along with "special price", "start date" and "end date" for the special price (I wonder where those ideas came from ;) ).
OpenCart Zero.

Administrator

Post by fido-x » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:29 am

Qphoria wrote:
fido-x wrote:I notice that a "Special Offers" page has now been included, along with "special price", "start date" and "end date" for the special price (I wonder where those ideas came from ;) ).
OpenCart Zero.
Actually, the mod that I did including a "sale price", "start date" and "end date" was done for OpenCart 1.x first, then back-ported to OpenCart Zero. ;D

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by Qphoria » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:28 pm

yea, I'm aware of what you were getting at. Actually you said where'd the idea come from :) which would actually be every other e-commerce store :)

Administrator

Post by MarkF » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:05 am

Hi fido,

this isn't working for me - I get 'undefined variable product' in both Latest & Bestsellers?

Looks like there's a missing IF statement at the begining of the home.tpl change, but that doesn't work if made the same as the one in popular.tpl.

Thanks,
Mark :)

Post by fido-x » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:24 am

The code snippet above is only suitable for a default 1.2.5, and won't work with my "Featured/Special" mod (they haven't been updated yet).

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by MarkF » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:47 pm

Hi fido,

it's a fresh 1.2.5 installation - no contribs added.

Tried again this morning and I still get the error...?

Thanks,

Post by fido-x » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:31 pm

Sorry about that. I missed an if() statement at the beginning of the block of code in the home.tpl, and forgot about the code to be placed in the controllers.

Replace line 17 in "catalog/view/theme/default/template/common/home.tpl" with:

<?php if (!$products[$j]['special']) { ?>
<?php } else { ?>
<span style="color: #900; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: line-through;"><?php echo $products[$j]['price']; ?></span><br />
<span style="color: #F00;"><?php echo $products[$j]['special']; ?></span>
<?php } ?>
In both "catalog/controller/common/home.php" and "catalog/controller/module/popular.php" insert the following:

$special = $this->model_catalog_product->getProductSpecial($result['product_id']);
if ($special) {
	$special = $this->currency->format($this->tax->calculate($special, $result['tax_class_id'], $this->config->get('config_tax')));
} else {
	$special = FALSE;
}
below

$rating = $this->model_catalog_review->getAverageRating($result['product_id']);
Then in the following products array ($this->data['products][] -- in both files) insert

'special' => $special,
below

'price'  => $this->currency->format($this->tax->calculate($result['price'], $result['tax_class_id'], $this->config->get('config_tax'))),

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by MarkF » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:55 pm

Thanks fido - that work's a treat! 8)

Regards

Post by junkazama » Sun May 13, 2012 8:56 am

I have OpenCart 1.5.2.1. I'm not sure how this happened but I noticed recently that featured products isn't displaying the price and special price properly. The price is not in Bold and for the special price, there is no line through the old price. (e.g. it shows as $100.00 $80.00) If I open the actual product, it shows correctly and everywhere else it shows properly. I'm not sure where I need to be looking to correct this.