Post by i2Paq » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:13 pm

Daniel wrote:how about you split the images into different directories!
This is what I do.

For every category-structure a have the same setup for images.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by karlopencart » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:28 pm

Daniel wrote:how about you split the images into different directories!

its about using your brain. there are limitations on the image manager because of the maximum execution time of php. just like there is on ms windows to generate thumbnails of images. i can crash windows with having 1 million images in one directory.
Daniel

Just for reference what would you suggest would be the max number of images per directory due to execution time of php.

Karl

Post by Daniel » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:47 am

maybe 20? i don;t know. file manager is only the real problem. if you upload files and did not need to use the file manager the system would generate new images on each page load and only a few at a time would be done. if you had 1000 in the same image manager folder it needs to convert 1000 images at once.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Vytenis » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:29 pm

Hello,

To note:
- I was reading related topic and searching for a solution for a few days (of course with some time for a beer or two O0 )
- I checked all permisions, all of them are 0777
- I cleared images cash
- More, i deleted all images I had so far uploaded
- Checked config both in admin and main pages
- Install was not moved to any hosting or anything, server settings, as far as I know, weren`t changed.
- It occurred, most probably, after corrupted .png upload, how ever after deletion of those .png didn`t go away

Problem:
- Images editor is not showing me any files.
- Image editor doesn`t show catalogs either
- Image editor creates catalogs, but doesn`t show those, don`t give a successful catalog creation message
- Image editor doesn`t upload files

??What might affect this??
Before that I was playing and trying to install image editor+ (one .tpl change). Now I`m on original editor file, still no affect
Some VQ mods?

Any ideas what I`ve missed? Don`t want to do a new install, also didn`t find anything related in error logs (apache, OpenCart).

THank you for the help:)

Edit:
After returning to Image Editor+ it uploads files, how ever it doesn`t show current files in the main directory. Subdirectories are not visible either

Post by Vytenis » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:16 pm

Sorry for the double posting, but such a waste of a weekend deserves to get additional post...

So the problem was VQ mod extension which showed page load time when you were logged in as an Admin. Because of it, the image editor had a load time included in it as well as the normal pages (didn`t pay attention to it). So now need to recreate all the categories and reupload all images :> Fun...

But hope this will help for somebody facing similar issues

Post by roozaimee » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:10 pm

Hi

I found out that, the reason my image manager going blank is because I install the VQmod..

So how to alter the VQmod so I can make the image manager working as well?

and another thing, may I confirm that, is animated banner/animation works on opencart's slideshow,banner,etc?

best regards

Post by Fl0wJam » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:59 am

This is driving me crazy :bash:

I've changed all image folders to 777
I've checked config.php amd it points to the correct directory
I've deleted all previous data/renamed those that won't delete to data_old

I've noticed that when I create a folder or upload a file with image manager and check in FTP that it gives the owner as "apache". in the meantime the owner of all the webs and everything else is "me". Only items created in file manager turns to "apache" ownership.

So as a work around I try and put the files there directly by FTP which guarantees they will be there as "me" ownership that is fine but they don't show up in image mananger

Been on it for 2 days now....This sh*it is driving me Bananas! Help!!

Post by Vytenis » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:06 am

well it`s normal, that user is apache ;) what issue do you have and di you check for the vqmod problems? if you use such?

Post by Fl0wJam » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:28 am

I haven't installed any VQmod!

OK I will change the owner of all the web folder to apache and see what happens

Post by Fl0wJam » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:34 am

Nope. no joy with that either.

Post by Daniel » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:02 pm

contact your host. opencart only can do what the php settings and linux allow it to.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by ozvape » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Hi Daniel, you seem to be an expert on this issue,

I am having this same problem unfortunately, I don't believe it's a problem with the host (I use RackServers) it's not a free host, and they support everything

I have --

1. Changed everything in images to CHMOD777
2. Checked that I can upload a file, it appears in the folder but I can't see anything in image manager (when I click the + under images from the admin page, nothing appears)
3. I am reluctant to delete files from the folder,
4. I have checked SQL permissions and even created a brand new user with 'ALL PERMISSIONS', changed in config.php under \admin and confirmed this works,
5. I have downloaded the images folder, deleted it remotely, and re-uploaded it
6. I have deleted the cache/data folder & also images\flags (all the .PNG's)
7. Every file remaining is a JPG.
8. If this helps, I can create a folder, for example called 'HI'. It shows up under public_html/image/data/HI but the submit button won't go away. So permissions are definately there.
9. When I create above mentioned folder, the FTP permissions are set to blank. But I have still overwritten every folder from images down to 777 & confirmed this is the case by a few random samples.
10. I am logged into the admin as 'admin' account, but the SQL database user is different but configured properly in config.php. Not sure if this matters. I dont believe it should since I can create/upload files, they just don't appear.

Tried on latest versions of firefox & chrome.

What else can I try? If you think my host is the problem, what exactly do I ask them? Is there anyone who could go and take a deeper look for me as I believe I've tried all the suggestions on the forum and it's a problem with opencart.

I am fairly new to OpenCart. This is the only issue I've come across so far. Version 1.4.9.4

Post by Vytenis » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:04 am

write me a PM, i can look in, maybe will find something :)

Post by ozvape » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:09 am

What info do you require? I'm not sure how I feel about giving all my hosting/ftp etc details to someone on the internet. :) I've read your posts and it seems you are legit, but what level of access do you actually require?

Let me run a full backup, etc first. And sleep on it. It's 3 am here in Aus and I'm tearing my hair out, and I'll be away for a few days. So let me know via PM what you think the problem is ?

Post by Vytenis » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:13 am

well ftp to access files :) or you can simply make an archive and send it to me (link at rapidshare f.e.) of your admin catalog and vqmods if installed. You can delete config.php and will be secure then:)

Post by ozvape » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:17 am

Thanks, I'll have to do this another day for you. I've generated a full backup. I did hope to go live Monday but this won't be happening. Speak to you after the weekend & thank you - any idea what I can check in the mean time?

Post by Vytenis » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:25 am

well for me it was vqmod which showed load time and interefered header sent by my client. In our case, as it creates directory (for me it was working the same), I would suspect something interfering with the _GET (or _POST) and the headers sent.

Also sometimes it works for other finding the last uploaded image and deleting it :) How ever without having a deeper look can`t say anything.

I plan to launch at the end of this week as well. Just waiting for my designer to send me updated some images. And partner sending me the content for the webpage (not products, but articles, trainings, etc). You might check and provide feedback at www.crafts-world.com . It looks bad (top part) on IE, great (for my eye) at other browsers

Post by ozvape » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:50 am

I'm not running VQMod at all on my site. I just double checked.

Post by Vytenis » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:00 am

What var_dump() or get_defined_vars is showing? It might help you ;) Anyway, without getting more info can`t tell. If I were you I would:
1. Try to use imageuploader+ (or imagemanager, can`t remember the name) and check if it works
2. Compare original imagemanager from a fresh install with the ones you are using. On changes noticed I would go to original
3. would check the headers sent (it can be the first option as well)

Post by ozvape » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:09 am

I'm uploading to rapidshare now but it's going to take a while. I'll post a link in about 12 hours :) My EoP connection sucks until I cable my office out.. thank you for this.

I tried Imageuploader+ and it made no difference,