Post by andutzel » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:41 am

Good evening.
I OpenCart works perfectly, but I have a problem with uploading images and products that it's not showing me any image to the list manager. I did have chmod all the files correctly, the host allows me to upload. What to do?]

i need help ... thanks. I attached printscreen.

Attachments

noimage.png

noimage.png (27.9 KiB) Viewed 21575 times

Post by andutzel » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:49 pm

Problem no 2 is, how i edit template files from cpanel of opencart?

Problem 3, how i edit the menu bar upside? (i attached an image)

Attachments

edit.png

edit.png (7.72 KiB) Viewed 21565 times

Post by andutzel » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:23 pm

up

Post by platypuspuzzles » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:35 pm

Bump - I'm having the same issue with Image loading.,

Post by qahar » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:49 pm

can you upload image with the Image Manager?
If you can't, check the error log.
check the permission for image/data and image/cache

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by Daniel » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:27 pm

Check there image directory permissions. re-read the install instructions. its possible your host has done some upgrade and messed up your directory permissions.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by andutzel » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:09 am

image directory permissions - i chmoded to 777
my host supports upload , i installed another script (like opencart) , and image upload works.
when i upload an image , it appears in my ftp host , but in image manager not.
i had no eror logs

I think, and i am soure that the problem is Image Manager. Can i disable this? And upload simple , or with another script?

Post by Daniel » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:16 pm

andutzel wrote:image directory permissions - i chmoded to 777
my host supports upload , i installed another script (like opencart) , and image upload works.
i had no eror logs

I think, and i am soure that the problem is Image Manager. Can i disable this? And upload simple , or with another script?
it works for 1000's of people that means it is your hosting that has the problem. you should try to fix the problem with your host and not with the working script.

are you on a fee host? could it be that your host has hidden tracking that interferes with the ajax used by just about every modern web script?

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by mberlant » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:57 pm

You very likely have a corrupt image file in your images directory. This is a known issue that has been discussed in about half a dozen threads here.

Use your favorite FTP tool to look at your images directory. Delete the image file with the most recent timestamp. You will likely find that your other images reappear.

My experience is that the image uploader tends to corrupt .png files, especially tiny ones like favicon.png.

Good luck.

Please use proper English at all times, so that all members may understand you.

Post by Daniel » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:18 pm

I have just had a email from one guy with this problem and it looks like he moved his installation.

when i goto his site it displays under /upload/ folder than i click a link and it takes me to just /.

If you move your site you need to update your config.php in the catalog and the admin.

The problem is not opencart. all the people that have contacted me in past have server configuration issues.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by drazen » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:59 pm

I have a similar issue. My image manager looks just like from andutzel.
But I can upload images through upload button in image manager, and everything works fine.
Only when I copy image files to the image/data folder, image manager doesn't show them.

Maybe some image got corrupted like mberlant wrote, but can't figure which one?
And why only when I copy them?

This happens both locally and remotely.

BTW, still think that this is good software.

Post by drazen » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:09 pm

Think solved the issue.

I tried to copy one file at the time to the image/data folder. What I found is that when I copied two files image manger showed blank page.
Maybe the issue was because of corrupted files.
And maybe it was because I used native language letters (croatian).

Maybe this will help someone.

Post by Qphoria » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:56 am

be sure ALL image folders are chmod to 777 as well
image/data
image/cache
image/cache/data

That is what usually resolves it

Administrator

Post by ahmedalfekkee » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:08 pm

Solved with me

First, please forgive me if my English is bad because i am from Egypt and English is note my mother tung language.
I have the same issue as yours, and it solved by luck with me, but with a strange solution and till now i didn't understand the secrete in it.
Here is my story:

1- I have installed a slide show extension called "Homepage Slideshow" in my opencart.
2- This slide show creates a directory called /homeslideshow in /image/data
3- I have noticed that image manager can show the images at this directory but can't show any other image in any other directory even if it uploaded with FTP client and set all directory cmd to 777
4- Then after i have read your posts, i triad the following
5- I downloaded this directory to my local PC by ftp client, changed its name then upload it again to /image/data beside the original one
6- I uploaded different images by ftp or by image manager to this new directory
7- The image manager could show any images in this new directory also
8- Still image manager couldn't show any image in any new directory mad by ftp or image manager
9- This directory is attached here, you may tray to upload it to your /image/data/ directory and try to see if your image manager will show images in it or not.
10- Hope this works with you too. Please till me if any one discover the secrete of this amazing crazy directory.
11- If it didn't work with you, i think the secret is caused by the extension "Homepage Slideshow".

Good luck

Attachments

This is the amazing crazy directory

Post by futre » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:31 pm

on a shared server i had a similar problem (not with open cart), even if i chmode the folder i got error, i asked to the admin server to change for me the permission and i got it working...

Post by andutzel » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:31 am

Daniel wrote:
i had no eror logs

it works for 1000's of people that means it is your hosting that has the problem. you should try to fix the problem with your host and not with the working script.

are you on a fee host? could it be that your host has hidden tracking that interferes with the ajax used by just about every modern web script?
i think think that's the problem , yes it's free host , but upload work with other scripts. only on opencart had this problem.

Post by johnzhang » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:44 pm

I also have this problem ,
I upgrade from 1.4.8 and move the data from godaddy to hostgator
but now can't uploading images

UPData:

I have solve the problem:
Delete the bad name images,espacial the Non-English-lanuage Images strange code (name)images

China Buy Dropship Buy From China Ebay Taobao

Post by ScrapFX » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:31 am

Hi All,

Excellent product, only just started using it so still finding my way around things (trial & error mainly). I am far from a website whizz so would appreciate any help with my problem. (Plain English answers if possible please... yep definitely no whizz!!!) Not sure if it is a bug, if I've not got something set up wrong or I'm just doing it wrong - could be any of the above.

Version - 1.4.9.4

Question 1 - Is there a limit to the number of images I can load into a particular folder within the image manager? I have set up a multiple folder structure, aligned to the categories of products (makes sense to my logic) but with the two largest categories I have tried to add more images but the folder doesn't accept any more and even stops showing the images successfully uploaded previously.
Question 2 - Given the above error, is it possible & how do I open up the folders again so I can access the images already uploaded?
Question 3 - Is there a limit to the number of products in any category?

I have tried to look through the documentation, but unfortunately I have found it somewhat lacking for technical details and trouble shooting, though it is a good general guideline. For the time being my work-around is to simply create another category, though I would like to know it my work around needs to become a permanent solution.

Any advice or assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks Paula

Creative Director
Scrap FX Ltd
Auckland, New Zealand

Location - Auckland, New Zealand

Post by Daniel » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:19 pm

andutzel wrote:
Daniel wrote:
i had no eror logs

i think think that's the problem , yes it's free host , but upload work with other scripts. only on opencart had this problem.

yes your right some other program might upload. but the other programs won;t be using AJAX to upload. Do you really think its correct to have hidden HTML code put into every page request? do u think that opencart has a bug because it won't work with hidden code added to every request put in by your host? This problem is down to your host. its not a bug. pay for a host.

opencart uses a language called JSON in a lot of areas. if any other type of code is added it will mess up the JSON response.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Luzifull57 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:48 pm

yess Ok thnakss For You! O0 O0

They say the programs. sbobet call a tour around the world. sbobet where this tour will take them there, ever.