Post by lennyli » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:30 pm

We are using version 1.5.6. We originally that has product that got discounted, but with 1 digit decimal place the cart calculation added 0.3 to a correct value, so we decided to change the setting to 0 decimal place. Then although the prices now dont seem to have a cent issue, it had strange incorrect calculations. For a product whose original price is HK$161, after 10% discount it should be HK$144.9, and after rounding it is shown as HK$145, which is what we accept. However, for a different product whose original price is HK$78, after 10% discount it should be $70.2, and rounding should give HK$70. But on the cart it is shown as HK$69.
What can we do? Is the latest version 2.2 free of these problems?
Also anybody can enlighten us how can we integrate this cart with another retail POS system? We wish the prices and stock information are identical and up to date.

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:29 am

Do you have a tax set up and if so what is the rate and excluding tax price of the item?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by lennyli » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:05 pm

Thanks for your reply, our store is at http://www.petelements.hk . I checked the settings and apparently we dont have tax applied as Hong Kong does not have GST or other forms of sales tax.
The other bug that puzzles us is about the discount coupon. In the past there were some promotions that offered a HK$30 deduction using a specified code. However, the current date has already passed the end date and during checkout it still shows the option for the coupon. I have already disabled or even deleted the discount coupon, but interestingly on English version no such coupon is shown whereas the Chinese version still keeps on showing this option during checkout. Although if the customer inputs the code the system will reject it, customers still call us to complain/ask about the coupon which wastes our time.

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:33 pm

By default in OpenCart you can't specify a percentage discount for a product price. So the 10% discount is either done by a modification. In which case it could be a problem with the modification. In which case it's best to contact the modification author for support.

Or the price is just incorrect on the 'Discount' or 'Special' tabs in the admin interface for that product.

Regarding the discount coupon. This could just be the case that text has been modified in directly in the language file. Look in catalog/language/???/checkout/cart.php where ??? is your language. You should find a line starting with $_['text_use_coupon'] . Change the text to match what you want it to say.

Other then that the text has been changed by a modification. In which case it's best to contact the modification author for support.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by lennyli » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:03 pm

Yes we have found the culprit on the zh-HK version. Some staff before I joined the company did the modification, so I can identify it to make correction.
Thanks very much for the tip. I'm newbie.