Post by MBarcroftMSOL » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:53 pm

Hi All,

We are currently on Open Cart 1.5.6.4 and are having many issues with the PayPal Payments Standard extension.

Currently depending on the size of the customers basket we are receiving the error in console:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 502 (Bad Gateway)

which brings users to a white blank page at the url - paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

Most of the time it is if the user has more than 12 items in the basket the error occurs. If items are removed they will be correctly directed to the paypal site. We originally had a non standard pp_standard.php file (inherited hosting of the site), however after switching back to the standard pp_standard.php file for Open Cart 1.5.6.4 the issue appears to occur on orders with more than 6 products.

I have checked the error logs which are not getting filled up by the error. I have also checked the forums for similar issues and had no luck.

Any advice on debugging this issue or resolutions would be greatly appreciated
Thanks,
Matt

Post by Cue4cheap » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:42 am

The ONLY thing I can think of right off is if the old "pp_standard.php" file worked with 12 but the standard pp_standard.php file only works with 6 do a quick file compare and see what is different between the two.

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by MBarcroftMSOL » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:02 pm

There were some differences between the files however both were failing. I have replaced the pp_standard file to the standard one in the download for v 1.5.6.4. Shouldn't this now work as it is now back to standard code? I have replaced the pp_standard.php files in the catalog>controller>payment and the catalog>model>payment folders to the stock files and refreshed the vqcache. Are there any other steps to return the pp_standard.php file back to stock?

As these are now standard code I am guessing that maybe something before pp_standard page is not passing the required variables/data that paypal requires to authenticate and so it is erroring? Or could it be something to do with the size of the cookie/session that is passed to Paypal being to large and causing Paypal to error?

Kind of running out of ideas, any ideas on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Post by ADD Creative » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:49 pm

This topic may be of interest. http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=161&t=159940

Might not be your problem but worth checking your files and fixing anyway.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom