Post by levyproject » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:00 pm

After almost finishing with my webstore, I started testing links and found that the About Us link is not functioning and needs to be fixed. It was fine in version 1.4.4. Please let me know how I can maybe fix this, I have dreamweaver cs3. Thanks

Post by Qphoria » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:08 pm

working fine for me on a fresh install of 1.4.6

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:46 am

works for me aswell.

stop wasting peoples time!

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by levyproject » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:21 am

After reading that no one else had issues I went ahead and reinstalled and everything worked fine. I tried to upload my backup and the error came back. So I decided to start fresh and see what caused the problem. My conclusion was that enabling the "Use SEO URL's" under Settings/Systems made the "aboutus" and other links like Catagories/Desktops not work as well. I made sure to follow the directions with the rewrite.php test and everything worked saying that it was ready to go when i tested it. Immediately after that those 2 links no longer functioned and I got error messages, but most still worked fine. Cant remember which ones though. Could it be something with my host Server or is it a bug?

ps...i definitely am not trying to waste peoples time

Post by Qphoria » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:05 am

Are you trying to waste our time!? ;D :D ;D
Well maybe a little bit as this is for 1.4.6 and while i never saw it in 1.4.6 I also never saw it in 1.4.7 so maybe its fixed

Administrator

Post by levyproject » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:04 am

lol...yeah...as luck would have it...i first ran into this problem when using 1.4.6, but now even with 1.4.7 the same issue still exists. :o I posted it in the 1.4.7 bug topic, but i think it may of been overlooked. Can anyone verify if this is a bug and not something I did wrong.

ps....the second I disabled the SEO urls, all the links started working again.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:30 am

Yea as I said.. It works fine for me in 1.4.6 and 1.4.7

Administrator

Post by levyproject » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:18 am

thats good news..Thanks for checking it out...I wonder what I could have done to make the SEO function not work properly.

Can you maybe help me out, what could I have done to make it not work? I ran into this early on before I did any customization so I really dont know what could be the culprit. In the post above I mentioned exactly where I run into the problem. I made sure to follow all steps properly but as always I could be missing something. What features do I lose if I cant get this to work properly? I really want to be as Search Engine friendly as I possibly can. Thanks in advance for all the help because I really really appreciate it ;D

edit....after digging a little further I realized that it was the SEO keywords in my catagories that made links stop working. Im still trying to figure out exactly why. I do apologize if it may seem like Im wasting experienced developers time once again. I thank you guys from the bottom of my heart because your hard work creating OpenCart will hopefully help me get out of this tuff financial time. I plan to make a big donation once things balance out for me.

Post by gth73bg » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:18 am

Hi all, I write the following with the risk of being accused of wasting people's time or anything else, I apologize in advance. Also, do not forget please, that not all people using open cart are professional coders. There are also people like me who need a little more detailed explanations in order to understand the problem and possible solution.
More than a year and a half after the last post here and several more versions, I am with v1.5.1.3.1, exactly the same problem remains!
SEO URL - ON, About us page not working!
SEO URL - OFF, About us page working!

Post by Microbe » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:10 am

For what it is worth, I have the same issue.

SEO URLS work fine for products but not for the information pages.

By the way, do not get put off by the rudeness of people claiming you are wasting their time. They chose to read and respond so they are responsible if their time feels wasted. They seem to forget that they were noobs once upon a time and likely wasted loads of people's times asking idiotic questions, rather than sincere ones like here.

Post by MrZimm » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:30 am

I don't think he is wasting anyone's time.. I'm using 1.5.1.3 and a fresh install... just added some products and now updating my terms and about us and found the same thing. the about us URL won't work. Very odd. Could this be a configuration issue? I'm going to read more. I wanted to just delete the page and recreate it but I get the following.

"Warning: This information page cannot be deleted as it is currently assigned as the store affiliate terms!" even though I have the affiliates modual uninstalled. bla!

I'm able to update the information in the catalog> about us > even can change the title example "About Us2", change the content.... save... and see the title of the link has changed but content won't show.

I get the following.

Not Found

The requested URL /about_us was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at adultdiaperscanada.ca Port 80

adultdiaperscanada.ca

I will update when i find a solution.

Post by MrZimm » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:15 am

I found my solution...

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?t=38717

has everything to do with the .htaccess file. once I changed the name from .htacess.txt it was working.

I didn't know that was needed thought it was only needed for seo urls

Post by bobwhite » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:43 am

MrZimm wrote:I found my solution...

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?t=38717

has everything to do with the .htaccess file. once I changed the name from .htacess.txt it was working.

I didn't know that was needed thought it was only needed for seo urls
MrZimm,
My .htaccess file was renamed during migration. Renamed it back and problem solved :)
Thank you for advice.
Bob

Post by prolitekeiran » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:59 pm

I came across the same issue in 1.5.6.4.

Seems like Opencart doesn't handle SEO URLs very well at all.

Hence all users who want to use SEO URLs need to fiddle with the .htaccess file. This should seriously have been taken care of by now by the dev team.

Seems like it's not the posters that are wasting people's time. It's the dev team being sloppy wasting people's time.