Post by Qphoria » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:51 pm

Google Base is a pain simply because it uses RSS for its main base, and RSS is an extremely fickle creature. There are so many quirks with encoding issues that different people will see different things. For example, on my site in USA. If I add the "£" character to my site.
I will see "£" on my Googlebase link just fine
While others in UK might see £ or some error because it didn't decode properly.

So this is where IE8 comes in handy..the only thing it does well.. it show RSS errors. Use IE8 to load your site and click the "More Information" link when it errors to see the real problem

Administrator

Post by tilesupply » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:11 am

Qphoria wrote:Google Base is a pain simply because it uses RSS for its main base, and RSS is an extremely fickle creature. There are so many quirks with encoding issues that different people will see different things. For example, on my site in USA. If I add the "£" character to my site.
I will see "£" on my Googlebase link just fine
While others in UK might see £ or some error because it didn't decode properly.

So this is where IE8 comes in handy..the only thing it does well.. it show RSS errors. Use IE8 to load your site and click the "More Information" link when it errors to see the real problem
Hi Q
I did what you said and this is what I got from IE8

Internet Explorer cannot display this feed

This feed contains code errors.
Go back to the previous page.

More information

A semi colon character was expected.
Line: 365 Character: 471

</description><g:brand>British Ceramic</g:brand><g:condition>new</g:condition><g:id>12</g:id><g:image_link>http://www.tilesupply.co.uk/image/cache ... ype>Buxton Tile Range</g:product_type><g:product_type>Buxton Tile Range > Buxton Strip Tiles</g:product_type><g:quantity>999</g:quantity><g:upc>BCT10807</g:upc><g:weight>3.00kg</g:weight></item><item><title>Box of Buxton B&W Marble, Natural Stone Border Tiles</title><link>http://www.tilesupply.co.uk/index.pt;><span style="font-size: 11pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: &quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;">RRP Per Box &pound;12.83</span></span></p>

Any ideas on how to fix it?
Many Thanks

Post by Nessie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi,

I've found a minor bug in customer approval e-mail. The query part of the URL is duplicated like this:
Your account has now been created and you can log in by using your email address and password by visiting our website or at the following URL:
http://site.removed/index.php?route=acc ... ount/login

Upon logging in, you will be able to access other services including reviewing past orders, printing invoices and editing your account information.
The problem is in "admin/controller/sale/customer.php" row 731
it reads

Code: Select all

$message .= $store_url . 'index.php?route=account/login' . "\n\n";
but I think it should be

$message .= $store_url . "\n\n";
Best regards

Per-Ola

Post by rph » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:51 am

Don't know if you saw the other thread on this.

/catalog/model/catalog/product.php

$sort_data = array(
				'pd.name',
				'p.price',
				'rating'
			);	

if (in_array($sort, $sort_data)) {
				$sql .= " ORDER BY LCASE(" . $sort . ")";
			} else {
				$sql .= " ORDER BY LCASE(pd.name)";	
			}
I believe LCASE is converting all the sorting to strings which is causing price sorting to be off.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by blackmountain » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:39 am

I am new and have tested 1.4.5 and was able to insert new products. Since 1.4.6 came out so quickly afterwards, I chose this for the actual installation but was unable to insert new products. Upon re-installing 1.4.5 I noticed that admin-catalog-products-insert-data gave a red message when content of field was too long (over 24 characters) but no such error was shown in 1.4.6.
It appears that going over the 24 characters in 1.4.6 doesn't show an error but causes the insertion to fail.
Since there is an error message in 1.4.5, then one is effectively prevented from trying to save, so is a safer bet.
Unfortunately, I can't wait for 1.4.7, so will install 1.4.5 for my live application. Presumably I can upgrade to a more stable version later on.
Peter Despard
Black Mountain

Post by Qphoria » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:21 am

blackmountain wrote:I am new and have tested 1.4.5 and was able to insert new products. Since 1.4.6 came out so quickly afterwards, I chose this for the actual installation but was unable to insert new products. Upon re-installing 1.4.5 I noticed that admin-catalog-products-insert-data gave a red message when content of field was too long (over 24 characters) but no such error was shown in 1.4.6.
Which field? There were no changes to the fields in 1.4.6 so it should work exactly the same.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 am

Nessie wrote:Hi,

I've found a minor bug in customer approval e-mail. The query part of the URL is duplicated like this:
Fixed. Thanks.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:40 am

rph wrote:Don't know if you saw the other thread on this.

/catalog/model/catalog/product.php

$sort_data = array(
				'pd.name',
				'p.price',
				'rating'
			);	

if (in_array($sort, $sort_data)) {
				$sql .= " ORDER BY LCASE(" . $sort . ")";
			} else {
				$sql .= " ORDER BY LCASE(pd.name)";	
			}
I believe LCASE is converting all the sorting to strings which is causing price sorting to be off.
I looked at this but don't see a relation. the LCASE only changes the name of the field to lower case for the SELECT statement, not the actual numeric value returned.

Administrator

Post by rph » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:15 pm

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by Qphoria » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:21 pm

Yea.. sorry. you're right.. I'm reading it wrong.
Fixed

Administrator

Post by allenshea » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:51 pm

MAIL Picture Bug with SUB-DOMAIN. I think this is the bug and it also exist in previous version.

This is only happens on SUB-DOMAIN.
It works fine with only send out TEXT , if you add PICTURES, you can get the mail with TEXT, but PICTURE.
http://online.domain.com/admin/config.php
define('HTTP_IMAGE', 'http://online.domain.com/image/');
it works well after change it into,
define('HTTP_IMAGE', 'http://www.domain.com/online/image/');
http://demo.opencart.com limited mail function, so I can not test it if other SUB-DOMAIN is working with mail PICTURES.

Please check if this is a bug, and how to make it out. Thanks!

Allen

I know nothing about PHP and SQL, but I still try my best to understand it.

Post by rph » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:27 am

Qphoria wrote:Yea.. sorry. you're right.. I'm reading it wrong.
Fixed
No problem. I hope you didn't take the post wrong. I was going for brevity (I was in a hurry) but rereading it it comes off way more acerbic. I'm sure you've come up with something way cleaner than that nasty little hack I used anyway.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by Jester » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:31 pm

Last edited by Jester on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by i2Paq » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:32 pm

Jester wrote:This is not so much a bug as an annoyance but the order confirmation message reads something like "your order will arrive in 2-5 days". This message seems a little presumptious considering many people will be sending airmail shipments.
This is for everybody to change freely.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by gavin m » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:46 pm

i2Paq wrote:
Jester wrote:This is not so much a bug as an annoyance but the order confirmation message reads something like "your order will arrive in 2-5 days". This message seems a little presumptious considering many people will be sending airmail shipments.
This is for everybody to change freely.
Yes it is, but this is something I have always thought shouldn't be 'hard coded' like this. A lot of users of Opencart aren't programmers (me for example, although I am capable of finding and changing stuff like this) and would not know how to change this.

Having strings like this as variables and a field in the admin area where the admin can set these values would be a much better, user friendly way of doing it.

At the very least, the cart should have a document listing items like this that the end user may wish to change, and how to change them. Maybe even changing it in the download to a less specific text.

Wrong thread for this anyway.....

Post by Geo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:09 pm

Sending mail from site:
http://www.my site.com/index.php?route=information/contact
is not possible. It says that mail was sent succefully, but its never received.
While inside in admin section Sales/Mail {https://my site.com/admin/index.php?route=sale/contact } can send mail to all customers :)

Additional info:
1.4.6. pure install on PHP5 and MySQL5
SMTP is not on 25 port, In Admin/System/Settings is selected default Mail.

Geo

Post by Mark.s » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:57 pm

I'm not able to add new category's or new products!
It keeps saying i have to give an name with at least 3 characters, but that's alright.
My website is: http://www.bakkerijstaghouwer.nl/winkel running 1.4.6

Post by rph » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:06 am

It's not really a bug but the autopopulate for product availability date really should be removed. Since OpenCart falls back to UTC this is creating persistent posts from people complaining about products not showing up in their store.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by i2Paq » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:19 pm

rph wrote:It's not really a bug but the autopopulate for product availability date really should be removed. Since OpenCart falls back to UTC this is creating persistent posts from people complaining about products not showing up in their store.
True, but its more related to the server not having it time and date set-up correctly.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by junstore » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:21 pm

"About Us"

at the slidebar, when click the "about us" it point to url www.domain.com/about us, but the rest part is ok.

Created my future by opencart~

Location - China