Post by hed190 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:38 pm

Hi yesterday i had many people buying at my store at same time.
I had 30 units in stock and the option State when available: Out Of stock
But when i go to see the stock i had -6 :/

bests

Post by mikeltn » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:45 pm

There is an option under System/Setting called Stock Checkout: Allow customers to still checkout if the products they are ordering are not in stock.

Do you happen to have it set to Yes? ;D

WeDoWeb: OpenCart Development partner and Solutions provider
Our Extensions:
- Custom Product Builder NEW
- Product Image Layers - Product Customiser NEW
- Product Series
and many more
available on OpenCart Store and WeDoWeb Store

Location - Melbourne, AU

Post by hed190 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:01 pm

Of course that option is No, I wouldt make this question before try all options...

Post by butte » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:45 am

Congratulations, 36 live customers before you could say oops or ulp. Luck of the draw, you had many customers at once, processing times overlapped, 30 won, 6 lost. You can for the time being treat the 6 as backordered, and if and as appropriate provide in your Terms that all orders are subject to acceptance, backordering, store-credit, or refund in seller's sole discretion.

Be sure that while stock is set to reduce (you evidently did so), your order status settings are also appropriate and that surplus sales cannot be banked. The 6 may still have encountered something at the payment portal about inability to process $0 for 0 item.

You didn't give us the OC version, but yours is more probably a question of settings than of a "bug" in OC itself.

Guru Member

Post by rdvapors » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:40 pm

Hi all,
I have seen this many times in the past but have finally proven that this is a bug. I don't have much traffic to my site, in fact the only sale I had yesterday ( no abandoned carts) went negative. My set up is OC 1.5.5.1. See screen shots for proof. I hope that this can get resolved.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B22zyT ... sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B22zyT ... sp=sharing

Regards

Post by rdvapors » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:49 pm

So since I see that this is a major problem. I have discovered the path taken by the customer once I called them. On a single product she did the following.

Add to cart option one

Add to cart with out leaving the page option two of the same product

Add to cart with out leaving the page again option three of the same product

this puts the quantity over the available quantity. She then clicked check out, proceeded to the next step and the cart does not catch that the quantity is not available.

I do not know how to fix this but could some guru help with this?

Post by mc-2004 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:25 pm

Sometimes the issue is related with checkout success procedure. A customer adds 6 pieces of the product to his cart, confirms the order but can't reach the checkout success page due to payment system he has chosen. (Especially in credit cart payments) Because the order hasn't been finalized the quantity of the product doesn't change. Later some other customers buy the product and the product is out of stock. Then the order of the first customer is approved by the payment system. As a result 6 more products are deducted from the quantity which is already 0 and you see negative stock quantities. You should check if your all orders are finalized with checkout success immediately or any delays occur.

Nettpazar

Post by HAO » Sat May 07, 2016 11:32 pm

I also have the same problem.

But my goods are in stock, no stock, That is when the customer orders complete, We have no stock.

This problem is very serious, because in our country there is a legal problem.

May I ask in OpenCart 2.1.0.2 how to solve this problem?

PS.System/Setting - Stock Checkout: Allow customers to still checkout, I do not have this option turn on, Negative stock Is coming from? ???

HAO

Post by ADD Creative » Mon May 09, 2016 6:00 pm

In OpenCart 2.1.x. you need to set up your order statuses in the Processing Order Status option in the settings.

The help for this option reads.
Set the order status the customer's order must reach before the order starts stock subtraction and coupon, voucher and rewards redemption.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by 19ninety » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:38 am

Sorry for bump - having this problem and found this thread.

My shop is pretty quite, but today I noticed a couple of products had negative quantities, so I corrected them.

I looked at my Processing Order Status options and three options were ticked, Processing, Shipped & Complete.
As I've received an order it went to Pending, I'd then set to Processing (Customer gets a mail), and then Shipped (customer gets a shipping confirmation mail), and then Complete off at the end (cust not notified).
I wonder if with those three option ticked that every time I updated the order status it would create another stock subtraction? I'll test this out when I get time, so now I've set the Processing Order Status option to Pending so that the stock subtraction happens at the point the order is placed.