Post by werepair » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:13 pm

Same here, i have just updated to 1.5.5.1 and i am unable to edit / add a product to an existing order, everything is setup correct in the admin side!!

Location - United Kingdom

Post by maier » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:00 am

Hello.
I was having that "problem" a long time also. I played around a bit and found out how it works.
The solution - Press "Update Totals" then the required information for Shipping Method and Payment Method is present.

I hope it helps.

OpenCart Certified-Partner for AT, CH, DE and RU.

Post by Grandstand » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:39 am

Need a way for administrators to edit orders, products, product options, shipping charges, custom shipping methods, add extra order fees and/or discounts. Please check it out here: http://goo.gl/r7IQwD ... Works Great with Qphoria's Options Boost.

Post by Reilly1948 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:37 am

I had similar problems. Since our website was created, I added additional customer groups for discounting purposes. I found that this was the reason I could not edit orders. The customer who's order I was trying to edit was assigned to one of my new customer groups and thus had no shipping methods selected. The fix was simple....Go to Extensions / Modules / Restrict Shipping Methods and be sure that ALL customer groups are selected under each shipping method or as required by your personal needs. Save and exit. It worked for me. I then was able under Totals to choose a shipping method and add or delete an item from orders. Hope this helps all of you.

Post by i2Paq » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:46 pm

Reilly1948 wrote:IGo to Extensions / Modules / Restrict Shipping Methods and be sure that ALL customer groups are selected under each shipping method or as required by your personal needs.
This you see in 1.5.5.1?

I cannot follow/find Extensions / Modules / Restrict Shipping Methods in my 1.5.5.1 (or any) version.....

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Reilly1948 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:59 pm

I have version 1.5.3.1

Post by i2Paq » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:52 am

Reilly1948 wrote:I have version 1.5.3.1
Please tell us the exact path you use in your Admin.

eg. Admin -> Modules -> etc.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by easyvapors » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:44 am

Actually, I have the same issue (meaning, on SOME orders, when I try to add or remove a product, I get the "...check form for errors..." pink box message). However, this is only on SOME orders, while I am able to edit others. To be clear, I have all the admin settings correct (and I am aware of the days setting in settings for editing orders). I am able to edit orders, but some of them I cannot. At first I thought it was only on orders that had a large number of products, but that is not the issue. I am beginning to wonder if it has something to do with the current stock levels of the products on the invoice? In other words, if the product I am trying to edit does not have enough stock level, would it cause this issue? And would it be happening even when I am trying to DELETE a product from the invoice instead of adding one? Because that is happening too. In other words, when I am on an order that is giving me issues on editing it, I cannot add nor delete anything from it. All the features are there, but when I use them (such as the red delete button) it errors and rebuilds the invoice, but then I also notice it does not completely rebuild the invoice. The list of products is shortened (and this is random in where it stops. Or seems to be). So that is why I am questioning the stock level check during this process. Is it failing as soon as it gets to a product that is short on stock level? Even though it was already on the invoice? I guess I need to dig into the code to find out where and when the stock level methods are being called to see how it is managing this.

Post by easyvapors » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:55 am

Addition to my last post. The current stock level DOES seem to have something to do with it. I located an order I am able to edit. I then went into the products and set the current stock level of a product on that invoice to 0. I then came back to the order and attempted to edit it and could not. I got the error. I set the value back to what it really is in the products area, then came back to the invoice and edited it successfully.

I will dig into the code to see why this is, but it IS a bug. It may not be a native bug in Open Cart, because I do have MODS running... but a bug nonetheless ;)

Post by mather21 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:13 pm

I figured it out! all you need to do is make sure you add the new product before deleting the old one and it will recalculate the shipping and payment totals then delete the old product and hit save works a treat ;) ;D

Post by mike222taylor » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:07 pm

Hello,

we have upgrade the opencart version from 1.5.6 to 2.2.0.0 without using any extension, after that we are facing sales order editing issue in upgraded version.

while editing order this will showing this message "warning: you do not have permission to access the api!". we are unable to editing order

Sites Details-
Site Url- https://www.aerialessentials.com/test/index.php
Admin Login- https://www.aerialessentials.com/test/a ... mmon/login

please help me how to fix this issue.

Attachments

order_edit_issue.png

This error message showing while editing the order. - order_edit_issue.png (72.07 KiB) Viewed 5962 times

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:16 am

Have you searched through the forum to see if anyone else has had the problem?
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keyw ... access+api

You have also posted both your posts in the version 1.5 section of the forum. You might want to post in the section for version 2.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by lennyli » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:15 pm

we are using version 1.5x at work and a coworker approached me for how to edit the order to add things when there is a warning red bar at the top saying "error". Nothing else.
It turns out we have to go through the values of the order to refill the fields in addresses with text instead of leaving them blank so the order can be added and saved. Thank god we have a solution to this problem that doesn't show what is causing an error.

Post by Dunald » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:38 pm

Old problem but still a problem...
I can not edit a order at all using 1.5.5.1, today I got a order and there is a "Edit" button and I can edit the order but I can not save. It is the same country in both order and zone/countries/geozones.
Get a "look for errors" message when I try to save a order.

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:46 pm

Do you see anything in the error log that could be related?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by Dunald » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:58 pm

No, error log is empty :-/

Post by Dunald » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:15 am

Really old issue but still an issue...
I have OC 1.5.5.1 default, trying to delete a product from a order. It´s a error and the error is that the shipping needs to be selected. But there is no shipping to select. It is gone.... Have tried everything you said above but still same error. How do I sort this out? I do not have time to visit the database everytime I need to edit an order.

Post by ADD Creative » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:27 am

What shipping methods do you have enabled? Have you temporarily tried enabling a simple shipping method, such as "Flat Rate" to see if that shows when editing orders?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by Dunald » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:05 am

I have flat shipping enabled. Also tried to add free shipping and a very low freight free. But no shipping is visible in the change order section. If I delete a product in a order there is a error and I can not sort this error since I have to choose the shipping , but I can not do this...

But if I look at the same order without deleting anything I see the shipping. It it when I edit something that the shipping is gone = error

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:55 am

Well, those errors only show up, if a product does no longer exist in real.

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland