Post by panther90 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:51 am

Hello, I am interested in setting up online with opencart and have done all the research and comfortable with everything except finding a reliable drop shipper. The net seems overrun with shady dropshipping sites, any advice on finding a reliable one? Health food specifically but any advice would be more than welcome.

Post by Johnathan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:32 pm

Not sure if it will meet your requirements, since you'd need to send them the products first (or have a distributor do it) but Shipwire is a reputable order fulfillment company. I don't know of any comparable dropshipping companies, unfortunately.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by labeshops » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:38 pm

Don't know anything about the health food industry, but I only dropship with manufacturers that dropship their own products as I find they are the most reliable - stay away from any dropshipper that wants to charge you a fee to access them/use their services or have such a huge variety of products they don't care or keep their inventory up to date. You might call the brands/manufacturers you want to carry and get see if any of their official distributors dropship.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by JaxV » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:47 pm

labeshops wrote:Don't know anything about the health food industry, but I only dropship with manufacturers that dropship their own products as I find they are the most reliable - stay away from any dropshipper that wants to charge you a fee to access them/use their services or have such a huge variety of products they don't care or keep their inventory up to date. You might call the brands/manufacturers you want to carry and get see if any of their official distributors dropship.
I do this too (well have just started actually) and while it requires more work, it means you are more likely to find unique products and less likely to be out of pocket when you discover a tonne of other people selling the same products because they have used the same dropshipping scheme as you. A lot of manufacturers are open to discussing dropshipping arrangements even if they dont advertise as such.

Post by butte » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:00 pm

And to add to that, distribution shipping (to distributors as well as retailers scattered about) costs money that many upper level distributors and manufacturers would rather not incur where a "sure bet" delivery sold at higher price can occur. Some manufacturers and distributors are so big that they cannot handle anything approximating end users, and they would not be interested. Processor chips do not go out the door to you and me, but it's nonetheless possible to arrange a first or early shot at a distribution shipment, I've done it. For enough cash a premier automotive manufacturer might deal with us, but most of us suffer dealerships, etc..

Guru Member

Post by moneycarlo » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:08 am

take a look at inventorysource.com
they have a free sign up and you can look through their list of dropshippers. From there you can contact each drop ship company seperatly to discuss setting up an account. inventorysource can automate your feeds etc. I've never used any of their sources so i cant comment on that, but i just use them to find drop shipping companies.

Post by salwa123 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:20 am

Any excellent company for the Drop shippings supports the Open cart ??