Post by IP_CAM » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:52 am

edited:
straightlight wrote:It's quite simple; Opencart recommends not to edit core files out-of-the-box.
well, then, not many paid Custom Themes would exist, partially overwriting a lot of default source. Or a whole bunch of Extensions, partially replacing default files. Even you 'donate' Source Code changes on a quite steady bases, so, there is little concern, if someone just creates two files, one as default and one as VqMod-Edition and Test only.
But so much to this, it's out of the concept here now anyway.
Ernie
Last edited by IP_CAM on Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by straightlight » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:20 am

But for a good Coder, it would be an easy job, to create a switchable Mod, so, one is able to select, if the default startup.php is loaded, or then, the startup2.php, when starting the Shop the next time. It would eventually so be possible, that someone makes some test with a newly aquired Extension, to find out, if it, at least, functions under DEFAULT conditions, without some hidden OcMod, possibly screwing up the whole Scene.
Since the feature you describe does not exist, this is only theorized idea which, of course, you could rather post on this topic: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=164930 as your last enqury is off-topic with the current one.
Therefore, it's not the Theory, what finally counts, and who cares about Recommendations, if not
even DEV's care much about ?! And 'regular' Users have neither time nor will to read themselfs trough Documents,
as long as everything functions?! Especially, if so many exist, all over the web and not one of them really does it's Job,
in full.
By stating the above, tell me IP_CAM, if everything would be functioning the way it should; version-after-version on the forum, why are we seeing new problematic issues posted by regular or new users on the forum on a constant basis if what you're saying would be the case exactly? I guess everyone, including the people who doesn't know how Opencart typically works wouldn't need to ask for anyone's help would they? No extensions nor any code changes would be amended nor required since everybody would have what they want. How simplistic, indeed, as we all know this definitely isn't the case.

The main reason on why this forum has been provided by the Opencart developers is to maintain a support level to other users. If you're not convinced that the best approach shouldn't be used just because, according to you would be about a non-language native issue, which according to my analysis on the above, you seem to express your own point of view pretty well on this forum especially when it doesn't need to be said so that new users cannot benefit on finding and fixing the solutions to their reported problems.

If you're not satisfied with the fact that the forum has been established for enquiries and support reasons IP_CAM, let's talk about this over PM and I will tell you all about the changes regarding the time consuming it requires to build a useful documentation and provides the best quality of support so for the users to understand why these issues are happening to them unless installed contributions are involved on their behalf.

As for using VQMod and OCMod, that could probably be the only considered part from the above; there isn't much we can do about it but it does not mean it simplifies the tasks. VQMod and OCMod has been built so that no core files would be overwritten but even by upgrading, issues may still occur. Please read the facts before posting.

You have been asked on my behalf NOT to post where I post last year as you are continuing to do so due to unhelpful response and opinions you provide off-topics to public posting. Please read the facts before posting as it is explicitly recommended by administrators regarding the VQMod extension that should NOT be used for specific reasons as followed: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... ts#p612435

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON