Post by bhar » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:37 am

Do you think it's possible to make a app for your store that updates its self based off your store product feed. then the app take that info and allows people to buy from the app so stores can target mobile sales.

Post by SXGuy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:55 am

A store app is basically just a basic product based Web page. You can already add your website as an app by making sure you have things like icons and splash screens set up correctly. There's nothing really to create except for that.

Post by bhar » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:21 am

SXGuy wrote:A store app is basically just a basic product based Web page. You can already add your website as an app by making sure you have things like icons and splash screens set up correctly. There's nothing really to create except for that.

you mean like making a a web program / script to turn on if it detects a mobile browser.

if ( desktop ) {
display normal
}elseif(mobile){
display mobile version with splash screen
}

I've been looking in to phonegap and JavaScript I mean I;m teaching my self javascript and I might start a Android programming class this term I just don't know what to do in terms on how to go about making apps.

Post by MarketInSG » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:43 pm

you will need java knowledge for android, and you will need a mac for iOS. It all depends on you, whether you have the time for it. Usually people hire us to work on it, as it is much quicker compared to the time they have to spend to learn, they rather use the time to earn even more cash doing something they are better at.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by monia_2012 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:08 pm

Thank You