Post by twiggy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:50 am

Finally the big day has come tomorrow, as google starts pulling its support for IE6! Starting with youtube. Yeah I can't wait ;D Hopefully this will make business realise that out-dated software is no good for cutting edge business any more, soon the death of IE6 will be near.

Post by Qphoria » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:12 am

Oh holy day! Finally someone with some pull around the nets is doing something progressive! This is great news! :D

Administrator

Post by twiggy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:48 am

Don't get me wrong it will be a good few years until IE6 will completely fade out to a couple of % but this is a step in the write direction. Hopefully all other major sites will follow.

The good news is youtube give people links to newer browsers for them to download, hopefully this will get people that are un-aware they are 8 years out of date to upgrade.

Post by Xsecrets » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:18 am

well there are already several big sites that don't support ie6, but that hasn't seemed to move too many of the suborn stragglers to upgrade. Hotmail doesn't work in ie6 gmail doesn't support ie6 and now youtube, but unfortunately that's not the kind of site that is going to influence the holdouts since they are mostly big companies and they will just be like people don't need to be looking at youtube at work anyways. Maybe if some of the big stock companies cut support and the execs can't see their portfolio's we'll get some movement.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Chrissy Poo » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:26 am

Best thing I have heard in ages. I have given up trying to make my blog compatible with IE6 ;D

10% Discount on all Shared and Reseller Hosting Packages at Vidahost.com

Discount Code: DISCOUNT10

Location - UK