Post by hellsmash » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:08 pm

Hi everyone i have writed a query based script for migration of products, categories, attributes, manufacturers and custumers to Opencart. I have version for ZenCart and other for Oscommerce. If someone is interested can visit my site http://stscript.info and write me in Google Talk. 10x.

From and To Opencart Data Migration services | XML/CSV/XLS/TXT to Opencart data entry service | Opencart Update | Viste Bulgaria

Post by zencarthelp » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:58 am

Well, guys, I am sure every cart has its own upsides and downsides. Zen Cart is a great piece of code, but the developer team totally sucks. They are arrogant and too sucked into their own products that they fail to see the huge picture in the e-commerce sphere. Their updates are mostly security, additional features are almost never there, people need to rely on third-party modules to actually achieve success with it. I am not saying that there is a perfect cart, each one has flaws. The most important is to find one you like, then stick to it till the end. Or try them one by one without adding much content, because the most painful thing is the migration from one to another.

Professional Zen Cart Help | Zen Cart Addons

Location - Cleveland

Post by crunchor » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:05 pm

This post was created back in 2010 and 1.5 of opencart should not even exist yet. How is the different now?

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:24 am

ZenCart stopped evolving 7 years ago. It still defaults to a safe fallback for no javascript standard which greatly limits the power of being Web 2.0 as it were. OpenCart is cutting edge and with the upcoming 2.0 it will be theme built with Bootstrap which is a very popular modern theme framework

Administrator

Post by WillBest » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:10 pm

As for me, OpenCart is more powerful than Zen Cart. Also is has more features out of the box.
Here are several advantages of this platform:
  • Open source
    Good speed
    Creating templates is easy
    Upgrading is simple
    Back office is simple and well displayed
I'd suggest to check this review to ensure again that OpenCart is the right choice!

Post by crunchor » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:54 am

WillBest wrote:As for me, OpenCart is more powerful than Zen Cart. Also is has more features out of the box.
Here are several advantages of this platform:
  • Open source
    Good speed
    Creating templates is easy
    Upgrading is simple
    Back office is simple and well displayed
I'd suggest to check this review to ensure again that OpenCart is the right choice!
I see, interesting. O0

Post by crunchor » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:23 am

This is a good topic but no one talks about this anymore LOL :joker:

Post by virtualsky » Fri May 30, 2014 2:38 am

Zen is having Shipment Tracking and opencart does not have..
Zen is having Fedex Price Lookup and opencart dont have…

Post by mvcdevpk » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:44 pm

I have used opencart more than any other cart, perhaps this is the reason that I like it most. The best thing I like in opencart is its user-friendly interface and availability of all kinds of extensions.

Website Development

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:31 pm

virtualsky wrote:Zen is having Shipment Tracking and opencart does not have..
Zen is having Fedex Price Lookup and opencart dont have…
Both completely false. OpenCart does have FedEx Live rates in the core and as 3rd party mods, and there are tons of shipment tracking mods available, many free.

I was with zencart for 5 years and got bored and decided to find something better. OpenCart is infinitely better. Daniel may seem like a stickler with some things but that same mentality is the reason we have such neatly tabbed code. Some complain that it may be very repetitive but that also aids in making it easy to use and understand for the novice coder. You'll notice all the files have a similar structure to them.. so it is easy to follow the flow when you start working under the hood. ZenCart was a nightmare of people simply unable to agree on something as simple as tab stops and function structure. No 2 files were a like and the spacing and tabbing was completely out of control.

Zen also sat on the 1.x version, promising for years that 2.x was coming but..... oh wait :laugh: :joker: :laugh:
LOL but seriously zen had 1.3.x version for almost 3 years with no progress, mainly because there was no funding in their structure. The truth is, OpenCart thrives because it is monetized. It adds incentive to grow and improve.

Administrator

Post by zendevis » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:05 pm

chrisjo wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:28 am
I am debating between two open source shopping cart packages: OpenCart and ZenCart.

One of the things that I like about ZenCart is that it has many features free out of the box. Especially to add any number of attributes I want to a product.

Does OpenCart have product attributes out of the box?

Any other features in OpenCart that makes it a clear winner over ZenCart?

Thanks,
Chris
Here are few reasons to choose opencart for your website:

Opencart is easier to setup and work with.New users would go through an easy learning curve, which means they could set up and start using OpenCart quite fast. This is because the interfaces offered by this solution are very straightforward and simple ones.
OpenCart comes with some very good documentation, which guides users through all the initial setup and other functionality. Screenshots are also included to make the documentation more efficient.
OpenCart is lighter and takes slightly less time to set up and configure.
Well-Designed Admin Interface