Post by Vector_Soul » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:19 pm

Hi there. Apologies if this is the wrong forum and that this is a very stupid question. I am very new to OC and coding in general but I have been tasked with designing my shop's new website. I am familiar with OC's admin panel but further editing of the css style sheet eludes me. From what I can tell, I need some sort of tool to access the website's root directory so that I can edit the style sheet. I thought this tool was an FTP client but I cannot find the tab for FTP in OC's admin panel so I've hit a brick wall. I have read about something called Cpanel as well but again, I have almost no idea what this is.

Any help is appreciated. I am on OC ver. 3.0.2.0

Post by straightlight » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:28 pm

FTP functionality has been removed in v3.x releases. As for the stylesheet: catalog/view/theme/<your_theme>/stylesheet/stylesheet.css file. However, each times you edit a file, ensure to apply these steps: viewtopic.php?f=176&p=731764#p718325

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Vector_Soul » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:51 am

straightlight wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:28 pm
As for the stylesheet: catalog/view/theme/<your_theme>/stylesheet/stylesheet.css file. However, each times you edit a file, ensure to apply these steps: viewtopic.php?f=176&p=731764#p718325
I'm sorry but where do I go exactly to access these folders? Is it in my OC control panel? Do I need some sort of program to do it?