- Read documentation, faq & tutorials and search before post.
- Post your topics in the appropriate forum and don't double-post.
- Use a title that properly summarizes the main idea of the post. "Help please", "Get error" or "I'm Stuck" doesn't tell anything.
- Provide as much SPECIFIC information as possible when posting. You can use System Info to provide information about your server or file / directory permission.
- You should never hijack others threads with your issue/ request.
- Add [SOLVED] to your Thread Title (first post), if your issue is solved.
- Always provide the OpenCart version you use.
- Always provide the Extensions (themes, modules, languages, vqmods etc) version you use related to your issue.
- Check version compability before requesting support.
- Provide information: clean installation or upgrade version. If upgrade from what version to what.
- Best practice to modify OpenCart core code is using using Modification, either OcMod or vQmod.
- Provide your modification code and describe what you want to achieve with the code.
- Provide the error, either it appear on Error Log or vQmod Log.
- If your issue related to site visual, provide screenshots.
- If your issue appear after try a tutorial, provide a link to the tutorial.
- Ensure that the link to your site is to the specific page which is experiencing the problem.
- It's important to provide step procedure to show the error (if any).
- A screenshot is usually the best way to describe visual issues.
- If it is browser specific, post comparative screenshots between the working and non-working browsers.
- If applicable, add notes to the screenshot to highlight and explain the issue.
- Browser Names / Versions
- State what browser is experiencing a problem, whether it is browser specific.
- State the browser version, this is very important. IE could be IE6, IE9 or IE11 and all behave differently.
- Posts: 1931
- Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:24 am
- Location: Indonesia
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest