Post by rascals » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:04 pm

Hi Im using opencart 1.5.6 and on weight based shipping when i add tax class the system show the shipping cost on checkout delivery method correct with the tax included but in the confirmation order shows only the shipping cost with out the tax... How can i fix it ?

Thanks

Post by Johnathan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:31 pm

If you apply a tax class to a shipping method, the tax amount shows up in the "Taxes" line item. This is how OpenCart works, so you're not going to be able to change it.

If you want the tax shown in the shipping cost, you should adjust your shipping rates accordingly. If you need something more flexible than the built-in Weight Based Shipping, take a look at Formula-Based Shipping. It can add a percentage adjustment to a shipping cost, so if you limit that to the tax zone, it's effectively charging tax for the correct area (but built into the shipping cost).

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by adiproject » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:29 pm

This is great! Many Thank you guys and so thanks to you Johnathan! this work for me

Post by Kojak0 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:56 pm

I think maybe a clarification could be in order for grams, since most people use the kg system: the number used in the System - Localization - Weight Classes has nothing to do with actual weight - it's a constant which is multiplied with the weight class in order to get the correct weight.

So I have in my Swedish system set the grams to 1.00000 and kgs to 1000.0000000 just to mark kgs as "not in use". Also, since my customers only pay what the post office charges (I'm a swell guy, I know), mmy weight and price setting looks like this:

50:7,100:14, 149:28,250:31,500:37,999:55

Or to simplify:

50:7 - means that for weights up to 50 grams, the customer only pays for the stamp.
100:14 - the customer pays for two stamps

And so on.

This could have been explained much better in the manual.

Post by fyg50 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:38 am

Hello I want to add a unit different from my current currency for the weighted cargo How do I do this?

For example, the current currency of my store is $ dollars, but the currency of the cargos must be on the order of £ euro and must be calculated accordingly.

Thanks.