Post by johnsachariah » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:43 pm

We have purchased "Chase Paymentech Orbital Payment gateway for Opencart" Extension and tried to install with our opencart system using Extension installer from the admin dashboard.
We have faced some issue when we tried to install with the Downloaded name(paymenttech.zip).the Extension but after some change with the file name with "ocmod"(paymenttech.ocmod.zip) installation was done successfully. Steps are below.

Steps:
Step1: Downloaded "Chase Paymentech Orbital Payment gateway for Opencart" from purchased same account.
Step2: Tried to install with Downloaded name "paymentech1.zip" but through an error as "Invalid file type"
Step3: fixed the error with "ocmod", changed the file name "paymentech1.zip" to "paymentech1.ocmod.zip" to fix this issue.
Step4: After successful installation of Extension, Extension is not showing inside the Extension or Extension Modification.

Please try to fix this issue with the support team. I have created the ticket with the support team also but there is no any ticket number to follow the issue.

Attachments

chase_installation_done.png

Installation - chase_installation_done.png (30.9 KiB) Viewed 147 times

Post by khnaz35 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:47 pm

johnsachariah wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:43 pm
We have purchased "Chase Paymentech Orbital Payment gateway for Opencart" Extension and tried to install with our opencart system using Extension installer from the admin dashboard.
We have faced some issue when we tried to install with the Downloaded name(paymenttech.zip).the Extension but after some change with the file name with "ocmod"(paymenttech.ocmod.zip) installation was done successfully. Steps are below.

Steps:
Step1: Downloaded "Chase Paymentech Orbital Payment gateway for Opencart" from purchased same account.
Step2: Tried to install with Downloaded name "paymentech1.zip" but through an error as "Invalid file type"
Step3: fixed the error with "ocmod", changed the file name "paymentech1.zip" to "paymentech1.ocmod.zip" to fix this issue.
Step4: After successful installation of Extension, Extension is not showing inside the Extension or Extension Modification.

Please try to fix this issue with the support team. I have created the ticket with the support team also but there is no any ticket number to follow the issue.
Hi asked the extension developer to fix the issue. Contact support with your order id number.

Always help others it's always come back, give and receive :)

Post by johnsachariah » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:59 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your replay, I have created a support ticket by yesterday but without order id, I didn't get replay with the support team, today I'll create a support ticket with the order id.

Thanks

Post by khnaz35 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:03 pm

johnsachariah wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:59 pm
Hi,
Thanks for your replay, I have created a support ticket by yesterday but without order id, I didn't get replay with the support team, today I'll create a support ticket with the order id.

Thanks
I think you can find their direct contact (email, skype etc) on extension page, or try to find redme , txt file in your extension usually developer leave contact details there.

Always help others it's always come back, give and receive :)

Post by johnsachariah » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:31 pm

No, there is no any direct contact details in the redme.txt file. they just mentioned like below, I'll create another support ticket with order id as you suggest.

Further help and support
========================
For support use opencart comment post.

Post by OSWorX » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:01 pm

A good sample why not buying an Extension from unknown!
If that would be a serious developer/vendor, they should publish their website, a reachable - not free ! - email address, and who they are and where they are located.

If you get no reply/support from them, you should also report them.

Forum Rules: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
Commercial Request: viewforum.php?f=88

Expert Member

Location - Austria

Post by johnsachariah » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Hi OSWorX,

I bought this extension from Opencart market only, that means this Extension is approved by Opencart, Right????
khnaz35 suggested to creating support with order id, so I created support with OpenCart.

Post by OSWorX » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:51 pm

johnsachariah wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:20 pm
Hi OSWorX,

I bought this extension from Opencart market only, that means this Extension is approved by Opencart, Right????
khnaz35 suggested to creating support with order id, so I created support with OpenCart.
Unfortunenately some extension developers will have a free emailadress, no website, etc.
Should be a criteria, while it is not currently.
I can only recommend to check such things before any purchase!

Nevertheless, even it is a 'commercial' extension, you can ask at any time another developer (see commercial section in this forum) to fix / rework it.
Or you can contact me.

Forum Rules: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
Commercial Request: viewforum.php?f=88

Expert Member

Location - Austria