Post by alessamobile » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:20 am

Hi, is there any way to show Symbol Left (S/.) instead of iso code (PEN).
Regards

Post by OC2PS » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:53 pm

alessamobile wrote:Hi, is there any way to show Symbol Left (S/.) instead of iso code (PEN).
Google requires ISO code.

OC2PS
OC 3.0.3.7, vQmod 2.6.2, Journal3 theme
Arcfesték, Csillámtetoválás, Henna
Check out: All my extensions | My FREE extensions

Location - Hungary

Post by pvhari » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:21 am

Hi,

i'm facing a big issue On the frontpage of the website the start show correctly.
But on the productpage, tab "RELATED PRODUCTS", sometimes stars where not shown.

I have edited the file z-google-rich-snippets-2.xml and made 2 replacements in it.

To: stars-<?php echo round($product['rating']); ?>.png

In fact, it made it even worse and less stars are showing up properly... i found many users asked the same question here but not found any proper solution , please help
i'm using opencart 1.5.6 with default theme + vqmode 2.4.0 , please help
Last edited by pvhari on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by OC2PS » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:10 pm

pvhari wrote:But on the productpage, tab "RELATED PRODUCTS", sometimes stars where not shown.

i'm using opencart 1.5.6 with default theme + vqmode 2.4.0
The extension has been created for the default theme. I have massively expanded compatibility with custom themes, but there is no guarantee that it will work with every theme out there, simply because every theme is different.

Based on your link and PM, you are using Journal theme, not the Default theme. Making the extension work with a custom theme is paid custom work. Please PM me if interested.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by gizmo36 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:28 am

Hi

Thanks for creating this great mod, can I please ask I have install this addon and it looks to work ok on the google testing page but I have not seen any product review stars in any google search results.

On the testing page the review appears but not stars images

http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ ... ng-Chisels

Many Thanks

Post by OC2PS » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:45 am

gizmo36 wrote:On the testing page the review appears but not stars images
http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ ... ng-Chisels
When I check that link, I see stars.
gizmo36 wrote:it looks to work ok on the google testing page but I have not seen any product review stars in any google search results.
I would refer you to the first post in this thread
OC2PS wrote:So now I will see snippets for my product pages in Google?

The short answer is: Yes, but not immediately.

The (slightly) longer answer is: Yes, your product pages shall appear with the structured data, including review stars, price, availability, etc in Google's search results. However, there are a couple of caveats:

Google's search results usually take a while before they show snippets data. Google search does not know about the snippets data till the spider comes to index your site. For some sites that could be a few hours, for others, a few weeks.

Also, Google has slightly dispersed rollout with respect to geographical locations. In some countries you will see that more of your snippets appear in Google SERPs faster, while in others they may take an inordinately long time.

Finally, whether snippets would be shown at all depends entirely on Google Search algorithm and is beyond your (or our) control. All you can do is follow Google's instructions, provide data in the right format (which Google tool check shows) and hope for the best. That's why Google Tool page always has this disclaimer
Note that there is no guarantee that a Rich Snippet will be shown for this page on actual search results.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by pcinq » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:33 pm

Step 3 of the installation instructions says:
Use an FTP program such as FileZilla to upload all contents of the uploads folder to your shop's root.
Where exactly is the uploads folder in the shop's root directory? I can't find it.

Post by OC2PS » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:27 pm

pcinq wrote:Step 3 of the installation instructions says:
Use an FTP program such as FileZilla to upload all contents of the uploads folder to your shop's root.
Where exactly is the uploads folder in the shop's root directory? I can't find it.
to your shop's root, not of your shop's root ;)

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by pcinq » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:17 pm

OC2PS wrote:
pcinq wrote:Step 3 of the installation instructions says:
to your shop's root, not of your shop's root ;)
Sorry for being so obtuse, but do you mean: Place all the files in @tik-google-rich-snippet's upload\vqmod\xml folder to the shop's vqmod\xml folder? Isn't that were vqmod scripts are supposed to go?

Post by OC2PS » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:25 am

pcinq wrote:Place all the files in @tik-google-rich-snippet's upload\vqmod\xml folder to the shop's vqmod\xml folder?
Yup

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by pcinq » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:09 am

Thanks a lot :)

Post by restlesscookie » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:34 pm

HI Tik,

I have installed one of your free ext. and I am very impressed.

I would like you to customise your rich text snippet ext, for my site.

Could you send me an email or pm so I can give you more details.

Thanks Ian

Post by ocnewbie » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:30 am

I have just recently tried this extension on my local machine before deploying to the live site. While I can see the markup this produces through the view source function of firefox, when I return to the admin screen and check the error log under the system tab I see 2 errors:

2014-03-05 22:57:14 - PHP Notice: Undefined variable: currencycode in C:\xampp-portable\htdocs\Store\vqmod\vqcache\vq2-catalog_view_theme_default_template_product_product.tpl on line 35
2014-03-05 22:57:14 - PHP Notice: Undefined variable: stockqty in C:\xampp-portable\htdocs\Store\vqmod\vqcache\vq2-catalog_view_theme_default_template_product_product.tpl on line 35

I have gone in an disabled all extensions except for the required vqmod and this extension, disabled some modules from the module tab, and set it use the default template instead of the theme for my store, I still get the same errors no matter what theme I use. What would I have changed that would cause these to show up in the system error log. No errors are showing up under the vqmod errors, only the system errors.

Currently running
OpenCart 1.5.5.1,
VQMod version 2.3.2,
@tik Google Rich Snippets p2 version1.9.7

Thanks,
Verne

Thanks,
Verne
OpenCart 1.5.5.1
Rustic Interior Outfitters

Post by billynoah » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:47 am

great mod - got me started on the right track and coded a bit more. not sure if this has been discussed as i didn't read all 8 pages of comments, but the Reviews don't show up in google due to the fact that they are javascript based and therefore hidden until user clicks the reviews tab.

I wrote this mod as a workaround that will make them show up regardless. Tested on 1.5.5.1.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<modification>

<id>Review Microdata</id>
	<version>1.</version>
	<vqmver>2.4</vqmver>
	<author>zuma design and print</author>

<file name="catalog/controller/product/product.php">
		<operation>
			<search position="after" index="1"><![CDATA[$this->load->model('catalog/review');]]></search>
			<add><![CDATA[			$reviews = $this->model_catalog_review->getReviewsByProductId($product_id);
			foreach ($reviews as $review) {
				$this->data['cust_reviews'][] = array(
					'author'     => $review['author'],
					'text'       => $review['text'],
					'rating'     => (int)$review['rating'],
					'date_added' => date($this->language->get('date_format_short'), strtotime($review['date_added']))
				);
      	}			]]></add>
		</operation>
	</file>

<file name="catalog/view/theme/default/template/product/product.tpl">
		<operation>
			<search position="after"><![CDATA[<div class="product-info">]]></search>
	<add><![CDATA[	<?php if (isset($cust_reviews)) { ?>
	<?php foreach ($cust_reviews as $cust_review) { ?>
	<span itemprop="review" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Review">
   <meta itemprop="author" content="<?php echo $cust_review['author']; ?>">
    <meta itemprop="datePublished" content="<?php echo $cust_review['date_added']; ?>">
    <span itemprop="reviewRating" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Rating">
      <meta itemprop="worstRating" content = "1">
      <meta itemprop="ratingValue" content="<?php echo $cust_review['rating']; ?>">
      <meta itemprop="bestRating" content="5">
    </span>
    <meta itemprop="description" content="<?php echo $cust_review['text']; ?>">
  </span>
  <?php } } ?>]]></add>
		</operation>
	</file>
</modification>
I also wrote another bit for the contact us page. if anyone's interested, pm me.
Last edited by billynoah on Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ocnewbie » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Billy, You are the man!! :D Worked perfectly, just what I needed.

Thanks,
Verne
OpenCart 1.5.5.1
http://rusticinterioroutfitters.com

Thanks,
Verne
OpenCart 1.5.5.1
Rustic Interior Outfitters

Post by inovateqsa » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi,

After uploading I keep getting the following error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LOGICAL_OR in /home/heroesof/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_language_english_common_footer.php on line 19

I am using VQmod and the default Opencart theme (But with a couple of extensions), do you know what could be cauing this problem?

Thanks.

Post by pikapika » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:04 am

billynoah wrote:great mod - got me started on the right track and coded a bit more. not sure if this has been discussed as i didn't read all 8 pages of comments, but the Reviews don't show up in google due to the fact that they are javascript based and therefore hidden until user clicks the reviews tab.

I wrote this mod as a workaround that will make them show up regardless. Tested on 1.5.5.1.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<modification>

<id>Review Microdata</id>
	<version>1.</version>
	<vqmver>2.4</vqmver>
	<author>zuma design and print</author>

<file name="catalog/controller/product/product.php">
		<operation>
			<search position="after" index="1"><![CDATA[$this->load->model('catalog/review');]]></search>
			<add><![CDATA[			$reviews = $this->model_catalog_review->getReviewsByProductId($product_id);
			foreach ($reviews as $review) {
				$this->data['cust_reviews'][] = array(
					'author'     => $review['author'],
					'text'       => $review['text'],
					'rating'     => (int)$review['rating'],
					'date_added' => date($this->language->get('date_format_short'), strtotime($review['date_added']))
				);
      	}			]]></add>
		</operation>
	</file>

<file name="catalog/view/theme/default/template/product/product.tpl">
		<operation>
			<search position="after"><![CDATA[<div class="product-info">]]></search>
	<add><![CDATA[	<?php if (isset($reviews)) { ?>
	<?php foreach ($cust_reviews as $cust_review) { ?>
	<span itemprop="review" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Review">
   <meta itemprop="author" content="<?php echo $cust_review['author']; ?>">
    <meta itemprop="datePublished" content="<?php echo $cust_review['date_added']; ?>">
    <span itemprop="reviewRating" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Rating">
      <meta itemprop="worstRating" content = "1">
      <meta itemprop="ratingValue" content="<?php echo $cust_review['rating']; ?>">
      <meta itemprop="bestRating" content="5">
    </span>
    <meta itemprop="description" content="<?php echo $cust_review['text']; ?>">
  </span>
  <?php } } ?>]]></add>
		</operation>
	</file>
</modification>
I also wrote another bit for the contact us page. if anyone's interested, pm me.

Hi Billy

Your code works like magic - thank you. However, I have this error message for products with no review.

Undefined variable: cust_reviews in /home/pika4eve/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_view_theme_sellya_template_product_product.tpl on line 25Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/pika4eve/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_view_theme_sellya_template_product_product.tpl on line 25

Can you tell me how to fix this? I'm a newbie with opencart and I dont' really know what to do. Thank you!!!

http://www.lunatu.com
Japanese and Korean Make up store in the UK
Worldwide Fast Shipping

Post by billynoah » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:14 am

pikapika wrote:[Hi Billy

Your code works like magic - thank you. However, I have this error message for products with no review.

Undefined variable: cust_reviews in /home/pika4eve/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_view_theme_sellya_template_product_product.tpl on line 25Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/pika4eve/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_view_theme_sellya_template_product_product.tpl on line 25

Can you tell me how to fix this? I'm a newbie with opencart and I dont' really know what to do. Thank you!!!
Thanks, I've updated the code in the above post above to fix the error.

<add><![CDATA[   <?php if (isset($reviews)) { ?>
should be

<add><![CDATA[   <?php if (isset($cust_reviews)) { ?>

Post by pikapika » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:28 am

billynoah wrote:
pikapika wrote:[Hi Billy

Thanks, I've updated the code in the above post above to fix the error.

<add><![CDATA[   <?php if (isset($reviews)) { ?>
should be

<add><![CDATA[   <?php if (isset($cust_reviews)) { ?>

Thank you!! it works perfectly!!!

http://www.lunatu.com
Japanese and Korean Make up store in the UK
Worldwide Fast Shipping

Post by Canou » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:15 pm

Hi, I did a test tonight with your module, I get this error:

It also generates an error:

******************************3_Wed.log*******************************
---------- Date: 2014-04-02 22:11:14 ~ IP : 66.249.81.143 ----------
REQUEST URI : /adoucisseur-deau.html/d155_adoucisseur-eau-domestique.html/d130_adoucisseur_eau_bi-mono_preautection.html/adoucisseur_bi-mono_electronique-20-litres.html
MOD DETAILS:
modFile : /homez.792/freewrs/aquamagasin.com/vqmod/xml/z-google-rich-snippets-2.xml
id : @tik Google Rich Snippets p2
version : 2.0
vqmver : 2.4.1
author : OC2PS

File Name : catalog/view/theme/*/template/product/product.tpl(1)
VQModObject::applyMod - SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): <h1><?php echo $heading_title; ?></h1>

———————————————————————————————————

I use the template universum. I also use a cache module. when I check with google on a product that have opinions and votes and stock. They do not appear

Look with :

http://www.aquamagasin.com/adoucisseur-deau.html/d155_adoucisseur-eau-domestique.html/d130_adoucisseur_eau_bi-mono_preautection.html/adoucisseur_bi-mono_electronique-20-litres.html

Sent you this by MP

Can you help me ? How ? How many ?

Thanks.

Adoucisseur d'eau

Location - France