Post by DefJam » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:41 pm

Thanks for this! Works great on 1.5.1.3.

Post by rasahydro » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:09 am

Hello,

Very new to this vqmod thing. I installed vqmod, uploaded the file to vqmod/xml but the file doesn't seem to be doing anything at all. i have 1.5.1.3? What could i be doing wrong? the template is the default one

Post by uksitebuilder » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:29 pm

Are you sure vqmod is installed correctly ?

what files do you have in vqmod/vqcache folder ?

do you have a vqmod/vqmod.log file ? If so does it report any aborted errors ?

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by Dubblicious » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:02 am

Thanks uksitebuilder
This worked like a charm, and much easier than the other way . :)

Post by Dubblicious » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:10 pm

Hi uksitebuilder
This is weird but your mod worked great for me up until today. It reverted back to list from grid. I checked the log and I had errors from another mod so I disabled that thinking it might be a conflict, but it was still at list view. I then deleted your grid mod and uploaded/installed it again, but still it is at list view. I deleted most of the other mods except uksb_better_contact_form.xml and vqmod_opencart.xml , but it still is list view.
My server was down for a hour, but before it went down the mod worked , it was only after it came back on line that it went to list view. Weird huh ? Do you have any idea what may cause this ?

Post by uksitebuilder » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:43 pm

Very weird, but obviously something caused by the server going down

have you emptied your vqmod/vqcache folder

Guru Member

Post by Dubblicious » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:31 am

uksitebuilder wrote:Very weird, but obviously something caused by the server going down

have you emptied your vqmod/vqcache folder
I did twice and even re-installed the mod, and made sure my browser cache was cleared too, but it is still list view. I am going to contact support at my hosting company to see what they did when the server was down, I will let you know.

Post by uksitebuilder » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:53 am

No worries, but I'm going to take a wild stab here and suggest that they have mod_security installed on the server

This is a known PITA with the jquery cookie scripting in OC due to a stupid ruleset which rejects filenames with the word cookie in them.

Guru Member

Post by ristretto6 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:58 am

This is my first time using a VQmod file, so perhaps I missed a step, but I just tried installing this mod, and nothing has changed.

I installed VQmod and got a success message, but then I uploaded this file to the VQMod/XML folder on my server, refreshed my shop (http://onlineshop.yarniapdx.com) and tried looking at a category, but it still defaults to list mode.

Any suggestions?

Post by FFJim » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:35 am

ristretto6 wrote:This is my first time using a VQmod file, so perhaps I missed a step, but I just tried installing this mod, and nothing has changed.

I installed VQmod and got a success message, but then I uploaded this file to the VQMod/XML folder on my server, refreshed my shop (http://onlineshop.yarniapdx.com) and tried looking at a category, but it still defaults to list mode.

Any suggestions?
I had the same "problem". Delete your cookies, exit the browser, go back and try again. You should get the grid now.

Post by Dubblicious » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:21 am

uksitebuilder wrote:No worries, but I'm going to take a wild stab here and suggest that they have mod_security installed on the server

This is a known PITA with the jquery cookie scripting in OC due to a stupid ruleset which rejects filenames with the word cookie in them.

You were dead on about mod_security being installed on the server. The tech from my hosting provider that I corresponded with disabled that module which caused the issue and now everything is working again.
Thanks uksitebuilder for pointing me in the right direction so I could resolve this problem. :D

Post by ristretto6 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:31 am

Sweet, you're right! Deleting the cookies and restarting worked. Now I'm wondering, is there any way to change the grid layout? There are currently only 3 columns, but because I don't have any right sidebars, I have plenty of space to let it go to 4 or 5 columns, which would cut down on the number of pages the customer would have to scroll through to see all my products.

Can I edit the grid dimensions anywhere?

Thanks!

Post by uksitebuilder » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:43 pm

In your stylesheet you can edit the width, margin and/or padding for

.product-grid > div

Guru Member

Post by karadev » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:35 am

hi, what i need to do IF i do not use VQmode ???

http://www.karadev.net
http://www.webshop.karadev.net

Location - Varna, Bulgaria

Post by Dubblicious » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:59 am

karadev wrote:hi, what i need to do IF i do not use VQmode ???
Here is the post for that, but I gotta say this using the mod is much better.
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 75#p168294

Post by dynamyt100 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:16 pm

I cant get this to work on 1.5.1.3 ?

Post by sekmo » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:20 pm

THANKS! :)

Post by ristretto6 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:49 am

uksitebuilder wrote:In your stylesheet you can edit the width, margin and/or padding for

.product-grid > div
Excellent, and can you tell me the path where the stylesheet is located, so I can find and edit it?
Thanks!

Post by uksitebuilder » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:31 am

catalog/view/theme/YOURTHEME/stylesheet/stylesheet.css

Guru Member

Post by mckbgrd » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:34 am

I read all the posts in this forum but it didn't help me. I installed vqmod correctly and I have different files in the vqcache map. I placed the grid file in the xml map, I deleted all the cookies and start the browser again, but it's still not working. I had a customized theme.

Can you help me?