Post by jadedstudio » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:48 pm

This vQmod changes all of the prices in the admin product list view to input fields. When 'Update Selected' is pressed all of the prices will update in the database. Extremely helpful to manage mass price changes, rather than edit each product individually.

Remember to select the products from the left (same as bulk delete) before pressing Update button. I found it easier to update the prices I need to, then click 'Select All' box to update all of them.

Let me know of any bugs I'll try to fix them!

Tested with version 1.4.9.3 of OpenCart and version 1.0.8 of VirtualQMod.

Updated to 1.6

Last edited by jadedstudio on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:47 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post by marc_cole » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:16 am

Nice mod.

If you add size="8" style="text-align: right" to the product_list.tpl, it makes it a little cleaner looking.

Code: Select all

<input type="text" name="<?php echo $product['product_id']; ?>_price" id="<?php echo $product['product_id']; ?>_price" value="<?php echo $product['price']; ?>" size="8" style="text-align: right" />
Setting the width to "8" should be wide enough for most prices, unless you're selling BMW's or something similar. ;) Also, right aligning the numbers in the box just makes it look more natural.

OpenCart v1.4.9.4
VQMod | Categories Home | Cleaner By Default - 2 Column | Speak Good English

Location - Seattle, WA

Post by Ion_Cannon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:06 pm

Very nice, would be even better if you included Qty edit as well.

Post by jadedstudio » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:40 pm

Thanks for the feedback!

I've now updated the file to handle quantity, as well as the edit by marc_cole to align the text etc!

Post by jadedstudio » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:22 pm

Another Update: [ver 1.4]
  • Update name, model, price and quantity of product
  • All in-line editing - no need to enter each product page individually
  • Hidden input fields - Hover and click over an attribute to display edit box
Please Note: You will still need to select all and click 'Update Selected'. This mod does not update the database using AJAX.

Updated to 1.4
See description of update above.

Post by Ion_Cannon » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:37 pm

Not trying to be a heel but I liked the version before where there were just blank boxes. The clicking on things to activate them can for novice employees a bit confusing. For someone like me it's no problem but we have 10 employees that I can see heads exploding with that. Not saying it is not good, I like it but the last one you released was awesome. Was going to see if you could take that one and add Drop-down, enable and disable. That would be all i'd ever need I think. Take a look at CS-Carts product list edit. I think it is about one of the only things they got right...lol Yours is very close.

Thanks

-kevin

Post by jadedstudio » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:52 pm

Another Update: [ver 1.5]
  • Fixed 'Product Name' & 'Model' fields - they wasn't showing up.
  • Added ability to Enable / Disable product
I think this will be the final update, however if anyone has any good ideas to improve further let me know.

@Ion_Cannon - Thanks for the feedback. I added the 'hidden' input fields to make it clear when you was editing a field. I didn't like having them all open as some employees may change things without knowing, and then when they update the rest of their changes they will update errors as well. You can easily remove the hidden input fields by removing the following between lines 225 - 230:

.editable{
	background:none;
	color: #000;
	border: none;
	cursor:pointer;
	}
Hope this mod does everything you need / works as required?

Updated to 1.5

Post by bewitching » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:52 am

This mod ( edit_prices_admin_product_list) does not play well with the following mod: ADMIN__Make_Category_&_Product_Names_Clickable
I found when clicking on a price to modify it, if the previously mentioned mod was also installed, the input field would flash and then I would be taken to the products edit page. Removed the mentioned mod "ADMIN__Make_Category_&_Product_Names_Clickable" and it plays nice now :)

Considering OpenCart once again :)

Post by marc_cole » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:32 am

bewitching wrote:This mod ( edit_prices_admin_product_list) does not play well with the following mod: ADMIN__Make_Category_&_Product_Names_Clickable
That's because they're both trying to modify the same line:

<td class="left"><?php echo $product['model']; ?></td>
If you still want to have the category names clickable, simply delete the 'product_list.tpl' section in the ADMIN__Make_Category_&_Product_Names_Clickable vQmod file, and all will be well again.

OpenCart v1.4.9.4
VQMod | Categories Home | Cleaner By Default - 2 Column | Speak Good English

Location - Seattle, WA

Post by Ion_Cannon » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:39 am

jadedstudio wrote:Another Update: [ver 1.5]
  • Fixed 'Product Name' & 'Model' fields - they wasn't showing up.
  • Added ability to Enable / Disable product
I think this will be the final update, however if anyone has any good ideas to improve further let me know.

@Ion_Cannon - Thanks for the feedback. I added the 'hidden' input fields to make it clear when you was editing a field. I didn't like having them all open as some employees may change things without knowing, and then when they update the rest of their changes they will update errors as well. You can easily remove the hidden input fields by removing the following between lines 225 - 230:

.editable{
	background:none;
	color: #000;
	border: none;
	cursor:pointer;
	}
Hope this mod does everything you need / works as required?
vqmod_edit_prices_admin_product_list.xml
LOVE IT! Thank you!

Post by (cj) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:33 pm

Thanks for this mod. It will make my catalog much faster to administer.

Could you add a script that will check the 'selected' checkbox if something gets edited?

(cj)
http://www.adventhouseplans.com
----
Opencart v2.3.0.2 no VQMod yet

Post by jadedstudio » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:46 am

Update: [ver 1.6]
  • Added auto-select of check boxes when you click on a product attribute (as requested by (cj))

Updated to 1.6

Post by Angeloop » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:46 am

Hi!
This is my first time posting here. Thank you for your help.
I have installed vqmod and this .xml file, but I'm getting an error page when I try to push the Update button after changing the product information:

Notice: Undefined index: 76_price in /home/nexia/public_html/asiapop/vqmod/vqcache/vqcache_admin_controller_catalog_product.php on line 262Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nexia/public_html/asiapop/admin/index.php:76) in /home/nexia/public_html/asiapop/vqmod/vqcache/vqcache_system_engine_controller.php on line 27
I hope you can help me. Thank you!

Post by Angeloop » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:41 am

Please! Anyone who can help me? :(

Post by jadedstudio » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:28 pm

Do you have any other mods installed? Make sure the lines in the vQmod that change the controller are in the controller file. You should check the vQmod cache files and check they all have the code from my vQmod in there. If you need me to take a look for you pm me your FTP details.

Post by mulunix » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:25 am

compotibel version 1.4.9.4 ?

Post by sellmyoldgadgets1 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:08 pm

Quick question, sorry if it sounds dumb cause im a noob to this stuff. Will it work on verison 1.4.9.1 and are you able to modify product options more efficiently as well not just the actual product price?

Post by sellmyoldgadgets1 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:55 am

anybody?

Post by jty » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:58 pm

mulunix wrote:compotibel version 1.4.9.4 ?
Oui, Yep, tres bon
sellmyoldgadgets1 wrote:Quick question, sorry if it sounds dumb cause im a noob to this stuff. Will it work on verison 1.4.9.1 and are you able to modify product options more efficiently as well not just the actual product price?
This mod is for the product list so no, it won't help with options which are on the product form
As for 1.4.9.1, as this is a vqmod, it's very easy to just drop it in and have a look.

Thank-you jadestudio :-*

jty

Post by djmessy » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:42 pm

jty wrote:
mulunix wrote:compotibel version 1.4.9.4 ?
Oui, Yep, tres bon
sellmyoldgadgets1 wrote:Quick question, sorry if it sounds dumb cause im a noob to this stuff. Will it work on verison 1.4.9.1 and are you able to modify product options more efficiently as well not just the actual product price?
This mod is for the product list so no, it won't help with options which are on the product form
As for 1.4.9.1, as this is a vqmod, it's very easy to just drop it in and have a look.

Thank-you jadestudio :-*

Any plans of adding in the options mass edit for this module?