Post by helenkanta » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:23 am

Our company is currently looking at integrating (or synching - whichever way you would like to look at it) MYOB RetailManager (MS Access) with OpenCart. We are looking for a developer and we are happy to pay to get a good job done in a timely manner.

Some basic specs:

1) Integration between our POS system which is MYOB RetailManager (Access database) and our online business which is OpenCart (SQL database)
2) When stock changes happen on our POS system, it should automatically updated Opencart.
3) We would prefer that when stock changes happen on OpenCart, updates to our POS system do not take place. Reason for this is that we currently process purchases made from our online store, through our POS system before dispatch so we don’t want to double deduct stock from MYOB. For the sake of future changes in our business, is it possible to allow OpenCart to update our POS stock by enabling and disabling this feature?
4) We would prefer real-time, but even if there’s periodic updates and regular and frequent intervals (5-10 minutes) that’s fine.
5) Opencart allows you to add multiple flavours/sizes/options to each product e.g. Product ‘Protein Powder A’ has flavour options choc, strawberry, banana. There needs to be a way where each specific option/flavour can be synched with a specific barcode on MYOB. Currently you can only add SKUs to the product (“Protein Powder A) but not specific options (choc, strawberry, banana).

This is our main priority at the moment. Any recommendations from developers who have done similar synch/integrations with other POS systems would be good.

Please let me know if there are any developers that can do this. Contact me at h_kantilaftis@hotmail.com with quotes and/or recommendations.

Thanks everyone
:D

Post by Avvici » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:18 pm

I PM'd you.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by megahuman » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:49 pm

Did anything come about from this? I'm also interested in such an integration with my Opencart store...

Web Design and Development at 7 Design

Post by helenkanta » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:20 pm

Unfortunately, no. Many offered to provide a quote but I believe it takes some time and MYOB integration tools for developers to even quote appropriately, hence the lack of success with this. I had to switch online cart platform which was a major pain, but the only option we had without changing POS system.

Post by Avvici » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:18 pm

Yes, it all costs money. It's no small development :)

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by helenkanta » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:58 pm

I totally understand that it's a very large project... But it was even going to cost us about $2000 just to get a quote... It's just not available for opencart and i guess until there's enough demand for this platform, no company is going to develop it (although it is available for other platforms)

Post by Avvici » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:58 am

helenkanta wrote:I totally understand that it's a very large project... But it was even going to cost us about $2000 just to get a quote... It's just not available for opencart and i guess until there's enough demand for this platform, no company is going to develop it (although it is available for other platforms)
$2,000 for a quote? Yeah, I would move on to the next for sure O0 Depending upon the proposal size and the professional manner in which it is designed proposals do cost money....but not 2 G's

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by helenkanta » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:50 am

This is an old one, but just in case there is anyone else interested, I have found a company that has an existing intergrated MYOB RetailManager with OpenCart:http://www.kobecreations.com/

Post by tabsta » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:59 am

we looked at kobe creations but it is $3000 when discounted and $4000 if not outright for their program.
All it will update for MYOB retail manager is stock on hand and will import your online sales into RM. That's it.
If you had alot of online orders this might be helpful, but its alot of $$ just for updating SOH. Open cart offer modules for CSV imports etc which we are going to try. There is another company we found at $35AUD/month but they dont work with RM as they said its old technology. (Assuming because of Access?) but will work with MYOB account right etc.

if you have any luck with RM - Open cart integration then please let us know as we will do the same. (tabsta@hotmail.com)

Post by linksync » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:17 am

Hi tabsta and others.

We've been working with integration to MYOB RM with online stores for several years now, and have developed integrations to a growing range of online stores.

As of Feb 2014 we'll add OpenCart to our services.

See http://www.linksync.com/integrate/openc ... ntegration for more information.

Contact us if you're interested in trialling our service.

Campbell

Campbell
http://www.linksync.com/