Post by waitz » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:30 pm

OSWorX wrote:(...) 2. JooCart is better in this point, they are offering their release with the latest OpenCart version.
A very big drawback (!!) is that they are obfuscating some files (not too hard to decrypt if someone knows how) but this is NOT in the sense of OpenSource - even not what the GPL has written!
Is there any development in this issue? I am upgrading our site to Joomla 2.5, I will include Joocart, and I need some programmers to create an extension to be able to integrate opencart properly with a second Joomla component. (http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=83219)

But from what I read from OSWorX, this seems to be a mine field... Is it, or is it not as black as you paint it?

Opencart: 3.0.2.1 | Inside Mijoshop 4.0.8 in Joomla 3.9.5

Post by OSWorX » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:04 am

waitz wrote:
OSWorX wrote:(...) 2. JooCart is better in this point, they are offering their release with the latest OpenCart version.
A very big drawback (!!) is that they are obfuscating some files (not too hard to decrypt if someone knows how) but this is NOT in the sense of OpenSource - even not what the GPL has written!
Is there any development in this issue? I am upgrading our site to Joomla 2.5, I will include Joocart, and I need some programmers to create an extension to be able to integrate opencart properly with a second Joomla component. (http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=83219)

But from what I read from OSWorX, this seems to be a mine field... Is it, or is it not as black as you paint it?
From my current point of view - testing stage mit Mijosoft solution - best solution of all will be MijoShop.
Being not completely ready with testing, but looks very good.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by waitz » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:45 pm

OSWorX wrote:From my current point of view - testing stage mit Mijosoft solution - best solution of all will be MijoShop.
But what is the difference between Joocart and Mijosoft?
They are both Joomla components that integrate Opencart into Joomla?

Post by OSWorX » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:50 pm

waitz wrote:
OSWorX wrote:From my current point of view - testing stage mit Mijosoft solution - best solution of all will be MijoShop.
But what is the difference between Joocart and Mijosoft?
They are both Joomla components that integrate Opencart into Joomla?
Basically both are good.

But (!!) - THE difference is, that JooCart is using some obfuscated, encrypted files.

And I do not want to use any file I cannot look inside - specially not in my shop where I have data nobody has to look into except myself.
And I do not know what parts of those encrypted files are doing in the backgound.
Beside this, files under GNU/GPL (and they have to be under that license) have to be readable by humans.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by waitz » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:29 pm

OSWorX wrote:But (!!) - THE difference is, that JooCart is using some obfuscated, encrypted file
I agree, and if Mijoshop is not encrypting anything, it is a very good argument. I wrote to Mijoshop, and since they have a 30 day money-back guarantee, I'll check it out.

Post by resonanz » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:03 pm

Anyone else having trouble with AceShop checkout. If I checkout with internet explorer, it keeps just going in a cyclic loop and refreshes back to the start of the form and will not allow checkout.

LOL even the same thing happens on the AceShop demo site. Try it and let me know if anyone has the same problem.

Go here http://www.joomlashoppingcart.net/aceshop using internet explorer (I used 8.0.6) and just go through the routine of pretending to buy something and when checking out choose to register an account.

I don't know if it just me, but I have done this on 3 different computers for the demo sites plus my own sites, where even the demo site keeps refreshing the checkout page so you can't check out.

I would really like to know if this is just me.

Post by resonanz » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:42 am

OK so no replies here, but I just wanted to add on to this.

If you are thinking about buying AceShop - DON't DO IT.

I knew it could not just be me that is having this issue above. Aceshop's tech support tried to help me through this but they could not reproduce the error and just said everything was working fine. No offense to tech staff they were helpful, but I ran with this and we had a radio show feature the other day which drove lots of traffic to the site, and about 25% of our orders DID NOT go through and we got email from customers trying to checkout with the same symptoms above. There were a lot of orders so we lost alot of money.

In a nutshell if the their demo site does not work, then how can anyone expect to take this seriously. Opencart is great, but for any Joomla users like I was stumbling across here, please save your money and just go staright with OpenCart.

Post by resonanz » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:26 am

I just went on their website to ACESHOP website and Avast picked up a win32 trojan so their website is obviously infected too. There is not much else I can say about this company and software except don't buy it please!

Post by waitz » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:25 pm

@rezonanz: I agree with DenisDulici. I am finally confident that I have a Joomla/opencart solution that will work with Mijoshop, and I have tried both the other two joomla/opencart components...

Post by resonanz » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:10 pm

DenisDulici wrote:@rezonanz

Why don't you try MijoShop? It works fine with IE: http://www.mijosoftdemo.com/mijoshop

You can also migrate for free: http://www.mijosoft.com/blog/say-hi-to-mijosoft

No thanks Denis - you were the owner of AceShop and most of the other people on your 'New?' MijoShop project are the same people who all told me checkout works fine. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck - it doesn't matter what you call it.

Post by resonanz » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:04 pm

Anyone stumbling across here looking for solution to the above Aceshop checkout refreshing problems with IE, here is the solution:

The problem relates specifically to a cross-domain cookie session bug not addressed by AceShop, evident in certain versions of IE that have "smart screen filtering" and "Protected mode" enabled/installed.

It is as simple as redirecting 'non-www' to 'www.' in your .htaccess file...

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^sitename.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.sitename.com/$1 [R=301]

Post by miteshaegis » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Hello all!!!

opencart is a full-featured e-commerce component for Joomla with an easy to use, search engine friendly and a visually appealing interface.

thanks!!!

Post by dracoteam » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:23 am

@resonanz

I have Aceshop and the same problem than you. We receive 2-3 callings per day form customers that can´t finish the checkout process. All of them use IE.

I asked for it to Aceshop team but they said they needed more information to understand what's going on, they tested it and could finish the process, so they said they can´t do anymore

I´m going crazy trying to understand what happens, I spend a lot of hours trying to solve this issue during the last weeks

I have this code in htaccess, it´s not same than yours but it works, it redirects no-www to www as you say, but I still have the same problem.

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^domain\.com [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.domain.com/$1 [R=301,L]

I´m close to change to Mijoshop because of that and because I need some new features of opencart like VAT number, but I use Acesef and Aceshop, and I´ve spend hundreds of hours optimizing the shop, and last change from Virtuemart to Aceshop cost us 40% of visits and near of 20% less sellings during 4 months, so now I think 1.000 times before any change within shop

So please @resonanz, you said "If you are thinking about buying AceShop - DON't DO IT." but it seems you solved your problem, and you are still using Aceshop. Do Aceshop work fine for you now? Do you know wich IE versions have problems with Aceshop?

I really thank your help ´cos I´m desesperate in a no end way.

Thanks

Post by dracoteam » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:17 pm

Finally Aceshop staff gave me the solution, there is an option here:

Aceshop global configuration - Fix IE Caching issues

So it seems now everything works fine. Besides last week they launched Aceshop 2.0 wich use last version of OpenCart. I´m testing and soon I will use it on my production site, so all my problems has gone and I will go on using Aceshop. Now software is how I like, and support is great, during last months I even received answers on saturday and usually they take less than 24 hours to answer, so I´m quite happy with them.

Post by KenHorse » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:45 am

Well... kinda hesitant to jump into this fray but.. as a newbie to OC (the AceShop version) but well experienced with Jommla, I have to say that I have not yet tried a single OC extension that DIDN'T work fine with AceShop. And, aside from a few glitches along the way (while I really wish AceShop would set up a users forum for better product support), they are quite responsive.

I do not regret for one second my purchase of it

Post by KenHorse » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:20 am

A followup about AceShop

After a week of fighting with problem after problem after problem with the upgrade to 2.0 (all sorts of stuff broke, including emails and clickable buttons) and after trying every suggestion that Support said to try (none worked and it's been 2 days since I've heard any response back from them), I finally had enough and bought MijoShop.

Everything from AceShop imported perfectly and Mijo is running flawlessly with version OC 1.5.4.1 as part of the MijoShop package

Post by huzaifa.khambaty » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:49 am

Hi,
Can any one know. how newsletter subscription in opencart will be sync with joomla and same with kunena?

Post by Bassi » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:03 pm

Which one should I buy

1. JooCart
2. JoomAce
3. Mijosoft

Or is there a better solution?

The Story so far.
====
Communit back in May started this topic regarding JoomAce's aceshop and posted a link to his site which says it is under construction and hopes to be finished by June2012.

OSWorX and rph had complaints.

(Then there was the usual forum handbags at dawn encounter)

Denis, the then Lead Developer of JoomAce left (Fell out with Engin Yilmaz it seems) and now runs Mijo Shop responded to the complaints.

Mhoq then suggested Engin Yilmaz who runs JoomAce allegedly purchased JooCart in August and asked the question "Did he buy that JooCart to copy again AceShop from new advanced JooCart?"
(I can not see any post from Engin Yilmaz to defend this or anything to support his software.)

Then in September OSWorkX says "From my current point of view - testing stage mit Mijosoft solution - best solution of all will be MijoShop. Being not completely ready with testing, but looks very good."

He also goes on to say that JooCart files have been encrypted (against the GPL rules)

I would have expected Mhoq to have replied to this, but can not seem to find anything.

Aceshop it seems is broken and Resonanz was offered mijosoft but declined as he thought Denis was a duck. (I always thought that was Donald)

Kenhorse moves to Mijosoft and seems happy.
====

So in order for me to make up my mind and help others in the future come to a sane conclusion.

Did OSWorkX finish testing and what is his opinion today of Mijosoft
Engin Yilmaz has been quiet through all this .. is it a dignified silence or is the product rubbish.
Mhoq outed Engin but has been quiet ever since, and what is the dark secret of the JooCart encypted code.
Is Denis a duck or is his software a duck , or are there no ducks in this story at all.

Finally is there anyone else out there that has purchased any of these that has some comments.

Would be great to have some answers so I can choose.

Best Regards

Bassi

Post by KenHorse » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:13 am

What I can add to the discussion at this point is, after many weeks of use, Mijoshop continues to perform flawlessly on both the backend and frontend.

Post by redmonds » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:09 pm

I have started using Aceshop for new sites and am looking to migrate some existing sites.

I was very impressed when I discovered OpenCart but even more impressed when I discovered Aceshop. I like to base my sites on Joomla even when the CMS is not strictly needed as I have a collection of admin tools for Joomla that I want to use on all sites. This like security, backup, newsletters etc.

My pedigree was Zen Cart -> Virtuemart -> OC -> Aceshop with a little bit of exploration of Magenta, Redshop and others along the way.

I have found that a lot of OC mods don't work out of the box with Aceshop. However so far Aceshop have been willing to modify them as required to get them working at no charge. As far as I am aware it has never involved core overwrites just the relocatiojn of some files to the Joomla folder structure instead of the OC one and a couple of minor tweaks to the mod code.

I would prefer a quicker turn around on the support requests but when has anyone not wanted that! And I have been spoilt by my current web host who has support second to none.