Post by mhoq » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:27 pm

JooCart is released for OpenCart 1.5.5.1 with some exciting new features.It is fully Open Source.No encrypted/obfuscated files.See more http://www.soft-php.com/joomla-shopping ... ystem.html

Post by lemontwist » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:14 am

I am researching shopping carts for Joomla and I am a little confused about something. Aren't OpenCart and MijoCart both shopping carts? Why would you use both of them with Joomla?

Post by modernmagic » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:24 pm

mhoq wrote:JooCart is released for OpenCart 1.5.5.1 with some exciting new features.It is fully Open Source.No encrypted/obfuscated files.See more http://www.soft-php.com/joomla-shopping ... ystem.html
Joocart's description looks better the Mijoshop but its hard to take them seriously with that horrible pink website.

Can anyone vouch for their suppport?

Joomla Web Site Designer at www.modernmagic.com

Post by modernmagic » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:28 pm

lemontwist wrote:I am researching shopping carts for Joomla and I am a little confused about something. Aren't OpenCart and MijoCart both shopping carts? Why would you use both of them with Joomla?
Mijoshop is an integration of Opencart inside a joomla install.
Specifically, here is where opencart will appear: public_html/components/com_mijoshop/opencart

Joomla Web Site Designer at www.modernmagic.com

Post by tdma_open » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:45 am

We have a client that is using AceShop: 2.0.0 with OpenCart: 1.5.4.1, and there is a major hangup in the checkout process for new users:

1. The guest adds a product to the shopping cart - then clicks [Shopping Cart] button to go to shopping cart page.
2. On shopping cart page guest verifies info and clicks [Checkout] button.
3. Now on Login/Register page guest enters all information into "Billing Address" section fields, enters password into "Create an Account" section password fields, and clicks [Continue] button.
NOTE: At this point the browser url is at en/products/checkout/checkout_one
4. After clicking the [Continue] button, and after a few moments of processing, the browser stops processing and gives a completely blank page - no page source can be found, the page is completely void of any html.
NOTE: browser url is STILL at en/products/checkout/checkout_one - it does not even attempt go go to checkout_two
5. If the guest starts over and uses the Login fields on the Login/Register page using the new email and passwords that they entered during registration, NOW they can log in and get to en/products/checkout/checkout_two.

We need to fix this New Registration Hangup - Blank Page problem for this version of AceShop - does anyone have the solution? I have looked into the php and tpl codes, and have found where the code that pertains to Login and Registration, but have so far not found the problem/solution.

Post by OSWorX » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:03 pm

Guess you are in the wrong forum.
Post this question at aceshop, check their support faq or open up there a new ticket.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by rstarr0921 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:36 am

I'm new to this whole world, so I have a really basic question. What enhansements does integrating OpenCart with Joomla gain me over using a stand alone OpenCart installation?

Post by OSWorX » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:53 pm

rstarr0921 wrote:I'm new to this whole world, so I have a really basic question. What enhansements does integrating OpenCart with Joomla gain me over using a stand alone OpenCart installation?
To be honest: none.

As advice I am always recommending following:

1. use OpenCart only if you have products and only a few textarticles (use a cms or blog module for those texts) > focus is on selling products
2. use a combination of OpenCart and a CMS (here Joomla). There are several systems out - mainly 'forks' of OpenCart which are integrated into Joomla (they called like AceShop, MijoShop, etc.) > focus on publishing many articles a week

But beware: if one of this system is used, you may get in troubles with some modules, templates, etc. because all of them (especially MijoShop) are changing many core scripts and make it therefore sometimes impossible to use individual modules.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by rstarr0921 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:53 pm

Thanks for the advice. You confirmed my suspicion that I may not need a CMS. I'd also seen a lot of comments about integration troubles. Now on to my nemesis SEO! Wahoo!!!

Post by garuda » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:27 am

Don't use MijoShop. It was permanently banned for life from the Joomla! Extension Directory. My own experience is that they are unethical and can't be trusted. Beware.

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=262&t=842148
http://joomlabe.at/podcast/ep52-joomla- ... gpl-or-gpl
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 3&p=543795

Use pure OpenCart. It's a lot leaner and faster. Any features that you need can be added with the vast library of OpenCart extensions available. This includes blogging, articles, forum, etc. A good developer can extend OpenCart features to support any requirements.

Post by Samuraiartguy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:04 am

This is not the most encouraging thread I have ever browsed. Seems like all the advice concerning integrating Joomla and OpenCart is ... MY GOD YOU FOOL DON'T DO IT!!!

But I have the situation I have. I have a tech company client and we’re building a new site in Joomla. They desire an OpenCart implementation within the Joomla environment. We have it *mostly* working using the JoomCart extension for Joomla. We however are having a severe issue with locating images/image directories. Been poking at it and applying some kludges, and i think it’s an "under the hood” configuration problem just a bit past my skill set.

But essentially JoomCart can't "see" the image directories, even despite some hacks...

Any insights?

Post by Samuraiartguy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:31 pm

Can anyone vouch for their [JooCart] suppport?
I have a four day old Support ticket running over at softPHP. But I have my doubts about it... "A support ticket request #XXXXXX has been created and..."

#XXXXXX??? That's sounds like some BULLS**T right there. I think I pretty much dropped that one down a well, and their "knowledgebase" over there looks a little sparse. But I might be biased since it doesn't address our persistent problem with bad image directory paths.