Post by codeM0nK3Y » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:04 am

rofus wrote:Hi,

I saw an update for the extension available in my downloads: has the avaialble downloads number-update been implemented?

Thanks.
Hi Rofus,

v0.2.2 is a compatibility update, adding official support for Opencart 1.5.3.1 and greater, without the need for the downloads patch that I released for v0.2.1.

I'll be releasing another update soon that will contain new features, although I haven't decided exactly which features will be added yet. If the download counter is particularly important to your site, feel free to contact me and I'll be able to provide you with a quote for customisation. You can either PM me, use the "Get in Touch" form on my website, or find my email address in the readme.pdf included with the update.

Edit: Added quote because post made a new page

Post by djfreebird » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:31 am

I just purchased your module and installed it. Everything is working fine on the admin end and the files are uploading to the S3 server perfectly. I tried a test order with the download, and when i get to the download page for the file, the download button shows the correct link (meaning that I can copy and paste the link into the browser window and it will download the file BUT it still has the mask). If i click the download button on the shop, it will not do anything. When you click the button, nothing happens, but the link is correct. If i right click and save as, it still has the mask in front of the filename, which is not beneficial to my customers.

Let me know if you need additional information from me or my shop and I will get it to you in order to correct this problem. Your help and support is greatly appreciated on this. Thanks.

Post by codeM0nK3Y » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:15 pm

djfreebird wrote:If i click the download button on the shop, it will not do anything. When you click the button, nothing happens, but the link is correct.
I'm not so sure that "nothing happens", especially if the link is correct and it was when you copy the link location or right-click and save as. What other extensions have you installed, and have you modified any code yourself? It's possible that there's some code somewhere which is "interfering" with the links, thus preventing anything from happening when you click them.
djfreebird wrote:If i right click and save as, it still has the mask in front of the filename, which is not beneficial to my customers.
The mask is added to files that you upload to your bucket for a couple of reasons. The main one is to avoid two files with the same name, which would end up with you losing one of them. You've given me a good idea for a new feature though, so keep an eye on the changelog when the extension gets an update ;)

Post by djfreebird » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:03 am

I have other extensions installed, but nothing else that should affect the downloading of files after checkout. The problem is that we put your integration into the store in hopes of getting it running before we launch in a few days. What would you need from me to see if you can assist in getting this to work?

Post by codeM0nK3Y » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:18 am

I've just sent you a pm with the details I need - reply to that and I'll see what I can do.

Post by djfreebird » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:29 am

I was able to fix one of the problems myself on my end.
The file is downloading and the plugin in working as of now.

I realize that OpenCart's base feature in the digital downloads adds a mask at the end of the filename for security purposes, as well as file duplication purposes, but when the customer downloads the file, the mask is removed.

The mask is not removed on your Amazon S3 plugin. The filename that the customer is downloading still contains the mask. This will cause a huge problem with our customers because these files need the mask removed.

Is this the way that you have it set up, or is there still a problem with integration into the cart?

Post by codeM0nK3Y » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:00 pm

djfreebird wrote:I was able to fix one of the problems myself on my end.
The file is downloading and the plugin in working as of now.
Glad to hear it! What fixed it in the end?
djfreebird wrote:The mask is not removed on your Amazon S3 plugin. [...] Is this the way that you have it set up, or is there still a problem with integration into the cart?
That is the way that it works in my extension. When I mentioned in my last reply that you'd given me an idea, it was for an option to remove the cloak when customers download the file. I'll probably include this along with some other new feature(s) with the next version. I can't give an ETA for when the update will release, but watch this space.

Post by djfreebird » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:00 am

codeM0nK3Y wrote:Glad to hear it! What fixed it in the end?
It was a simple typo on my behalf that wasnt causing errors, so it wasnt easily seen, but it was causing it not to work.
djfreebird wrote:That is the way that it works in my extension. When I mentioned in my last reply that you'd given me an idea, it was for an option to remove the cloak when customers download the file. I'll probably include this along with some other new feature(s) with the next version. I can't give an ETA for when the update will release, but watch this space.
I have created a work around for this to work with our current setup and we are pleased with the results. I will keep a lookout for your new releases. Thanks.

I think the only thing that I am in dire need of that is not working with your product is the "Downloads Remaining". I realize that feature isnt built into your module, but for someone running a store with HUGE downloads, it's almost a must. We all know how S3 Pricing works, and this would help prevent customers from downloading files more than what we have allowed, thus preventing additional bandwidth charges.

I don't know how difficult it would be for you to implement this feature, and I know you said you can't give an ETA on your next release, but I would have no problem paying a little extra for it. Our store is on the verge of launching and I would love to have this feature working 100% prior to launch.

Post by RickToxik » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:24 am

Hi codeM0nK3Y,

I want to switch to opencart just because of your extension for Amazon s3.

I really need to make sure it does what I need, it's the third cart system I'll install and I'm running out of everything (patience, time and money). Would you be so kind as to anwser clearly those questions please (I'm french)?

1- When you say it cloaks the url by streaming the download from my host, does it still uses the speed capacity of Amazon s3? Say I have 5 people downloading the same file, does it jams my server (shared account) or it flows at the Amazon S3 speed?

2- Can I deliver very huge zip files with your extension (10-15gb)?

Thanks for getting back, congrats for the Amazon S3 integration.

Eric

Post by dazzy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:38 pm

Would this mod also allow for product images that are hosted on s3?

Post by codeM0nK3Y » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:02 am

No, it doesn't support product images, only downloads. If you require any custom work, you're welcome to send a PM via the forum with more details of what you need.