Post by azhdanov » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:39 pm

OMG, sorry not for checking this so long, to use my S3.php for free you need to put it into system/library and patch account/download.php like this: http://code.google.com/p/yogamamadvd/so ... .php&old=9 but use commented out code.

The usage is, you upload empty (fake) file through admin interface with the same name as you have in S3 storage, then end user downloads real one from S3.

Send me private message if any questions.

Post by codeM0nK3Y » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:38 pm

azhdanov wrote:OMG, sorry not for checking this so long, to use my S3.php for free you need to put it into system/library and patch account/download.php like this: http://code.google.com/p/yogamamadvd/so ... .php&old=9 but use commented out code.

The usage is, you upload empty (fake) file through admin interface with the same name as you have in S3 storage, then end user downloads real one from S3.

Send me private message if any questions.
I feel I should post a warning to anyone wanting to try this free "alternative". If you hack your download.php as instructed, your customers will no longer be able to download any existing files from your server. You'll also have to go back into download.php if ever you change your bucket name (though it's unlikely you'll rename it often, if at all).

My plugin may cost money (only $30!), but there're no manual core hacks and all you ever have to visit Amazon for is to create the bucket. Everything else is done directly through OpenCart. I personally believe I've set a very reasonable price, especially when you consider that it "just works". All of your old/existing downloads will continue to work too. All the config is done in OpenCart's backend so you can reset your Amazon key from anywhere, at any time, without having to worry about having FTP access to update any files manually.

I'm always open to feedback and ideas; you can get hold of me in this thread, via pm, or on my website. Need a demo? Got a large site to migrate to S3? Just ask - I'm sure I can sort something out.

Post by hazelsmrf » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:22 am

A few questions if you don't mind, I'm sorry if they are obvious but I really have no idea:

When you say it's a 5 minute download window, does that mean that the client would only be able to download their files if they do it immediately after purchase? If they came back 20 minutes later to download it would be denied?

And when you say it saves to PHP, will this cause issues if I'm currently not able to upload files more than 10-15mb to my shared hosting, would I still be able to upload 30mb files to Amazon S3 with no issues from within Opencart? My other option is to just get the mod that lets me FTP the files in, but I'd really rather use Amazon and not use my shared hosting at all for my files!

Post by codeM0nK3Y » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:45 am

hazelsmrf wrote:A few questions if you don't mind, I'm sorry if they are obvious but I really have no idea:

When you say it's a 5 minute download window, does that mean that the client would only be able to download their files if they do it immediately after purchase? If they came back 20 minutes later to download it would be denied?

And when you say it saves to PHP, will this cause issues if I'm currently not able to upload files more than 10-15mb to my shared hosting, would I still be able to upload 30mb files to Amazon S3 with no issues from within Opencart? My other option is to just get the mod that lets me FTP the files in, but I'd really rather use Amazon and not use my shared hosting at all for my files!
Hi hazelsmrf,
To answer your first question in a word, no. The 5 minute link is generated when the customer goes on the Downloads page in their account area. So from the time their Downloads page loads, they have 5 minutes to click the link. If they leave it longer than 5 minutes, they can simply reload the page to get a new link. Most people probably know what they are looking for and will click the download link almost as soon as it's generated, so this shouldn't be a problem. It's the only way to stop the link being sent out to friends without having to use your own host as a kind of proxy, which wouldn't be possible in many shared hosting environments due to bandwidth limits.

When it comes to the PHP upload limit, yes this currently will cause issues if your host won't allow you to override the settings. With that said, I recently started on a new version that will give you the ability to choose how you want to upload your file. In addition to the current method of uploading to S3 via your cart, you will be able to not only type the name manually, but also select from a list of items in your bucket. Here's a screenshot:
Screen Shot 2012-01-29 at 22.38.11.png

Preview of new 'upload methods' - Screen Shot 2012-01-29 at 22.38.11.png (26.85 KiB) Viewed 5870 times

To everyone:
When the upload options have been added I'll be releasing them as a separate "pro" version. The version currently available in the OpenCart store will be made free, and the pro version will take over the old price. Hopefully this will encourage people to download it, test things out and report any bugs I might've missed.

Post by hazelsmrf » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:39 am

Wow that sounds GREAT, I'm looking forward to it, I will for sure buy your pro version when it's available as this is exactly what I've been looking for, I don't want to depend on shared hosting to provide my files, just in case! Amazon S3 would remove that whole headache!

Post by hazelsmrf » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi Codemonkey,

Do you have any timeframe of when the new Pro version will be ready, I`m looking to go live with my store next week so if it will be later than that I`ll have to find an alternative to hold me over until yours is released!

-Julie

Post by codeM0nK3Y » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi Julie,

I was doing a couple fixes last night so it's pretty much ready for release. I'm at work right now but I'll hopefully be releasing the new pro version tonight. The code is all there, just gotta package it all up :D

Post by hazelsmrf » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:59 am

Yay! Guess it's time for me to go get an Amazon S3 account then!

-Julie

Post by jimquim » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:17 pm

ok your free version works great on small files but i have no php limits on my server and when i try and upload files larger then 200mb it times out then it don't show up in the s3 bucket or its their but not fully uploaded

also the download counter dont work and you have to "right click save as" to download the file

can you confirm this so i know im doing something right or wrong thanks

Post by codeM0nK3Y » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:37 am

jimquim wrote:ok your free version works great on small files but i have no php limits on my server and when i try and upload files larger then 200mb it times out then it don't show up in the s3 bucket or its their but not fully uploaded
Please upload the attached test.php to where your Opencart installation is hosted then go to yourcart.com/test.php and pm me the output. There could be a couple different things causing this so the script will tell me a bit about your PHP config to help find the root of the issue.
jimquim wrote:also the download counter dont work and you have to "right click save as" to download the file
Can you tell me what types of file you're experiencing this with, and which browser you're using? If it's what I'm thinking it is (for example images, or pdf files opening when the browser has a built-in PDF reader) then I've got a cunning trick in mind to force download of files. This would give the added bonus of your customer not knowing that the download is hosted on Amazon, as it will look like it's coming from your own site.
hazelsmrf wrote:Yay! Guess it's time for me to go get an Amazon S3 account then!
Yup! I've just got to finish updating the readme then I'll be releasing it - will post the pro link when it's available. Sorry, I saw your post this morning when you made it, but I fell asleep after starting to edit the readme... I must be working too hard!

Post by jimquim » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:26 am

ok i want pro i will be first customer :)

Post by codeM0nK3Y » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:30 am

jimquim wrote:ok i want pro i will be first customer :)
Now's your chance! As of a few minutes ago, the pro version is now available in the extensions directory ;D

Pro Integration adds the ability to create a bucket from within Opencart and three additional upload methods. With the new upload methods, you can now choose whether to upload to your cart, or to your bucket. If you're selling large files and would rather upload them to your bucket manually, there are two options. You can either select the file from a dropdown containing all the files in your bucket, or alternatively type/paste the filename.

I've also fixed/improved a few other things. Check the documentation on the extension page for the changelog. It's in the readme too.

Download Links
Amazon S3 Pro Integration (v0.2.0, $30)
Last edited by codeM0nK3Y on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by TranscriptDivas » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:09 am

Is there something that can tie into an order form where a client can upload to S3 during the checkout....

Post by azhdanov » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:02 am

Hopefully nobody will mind alternative Amazon S3 Downloads extension. Let me know your comments of course.

Post by codeM0nK3Y » Fri May 04, 2012 8:42 pm

azhdanov wrote:Hopefully nobody will mind alternative Amazon S3 Downloads extension. Let me know your comments of course.
If you want my honest opinion, I think the code could really do with some cleaning up. I looked at the git repo and the indentation is so screwed (or non-existant) that I can't read it. I'm not sure how much experience you have with PHP, but it would really benefit you in the long run to keep your code well-formatted. If you come back to the code after a couple months, chances are you won't have a clue what you did before. Trust me, I learned the hard way :D

In other news, there's a new version!
I've completely rewritten the models and ditched the custom table I was storing config values in previously. As a result, there's no more install.sql to run! Just upload the new files (ignore the system folder) and go to the S3 config, and it'll give you a nice green success message saying you've been updated. No need to worry about losing your config, that all gets migrated to Opencart's standard setting table before removing the old S3 config table. This also lays the groundwork for a much easier upgrade process in future versions.

v0.2.1 also comes with the ability to cloak the download URLs. That is, to get the file from your bucket and pass it directly to the customer via your website. They never need know that you use S3 - unless you want them to, of course.

This version comes with a glorified readme in PDF form too. Oh, and did I mention it's currently available with a $10 saving?

Download Links
Amazon S3 Pro Integration
Last edited by codeM0nK3Y on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by cdamianou » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Hi

I have tried another module for Amazon S3 integration however it doest allow having files stored on both server and S3. Can this module work with files from both locations, I.E server and Amazon S3.

I like the fact that this module can cloak the URLs.

Also, what happens to all the files downloads that were purchased prior to this installation. would it be possible to upload them to Amazon S3 and still have the ability for the customer to go to there previous order and download?

Your help is much appreciated.

http://www.magictao.co.uk

Post by codeM0nK3Y » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:21 am

cdamianou wrote:I have tried another module for Amazon S3 integration however it doest allow having files stored on both server and S3. Can this module work with files from both locations, I.E server and Amazon S3?
Yes. You can choose where to host each individual download.
cdamianou wrote:Also, what happens to all the files downloads that were purchased prior to this installation.
They will be unaffected by installation, so customers can still download them directly from your server as they normally would.
cdamianou wrote:Would it be possible to upload them to Amazon S3 and still have the ability for the customer to go to there previous order and download?
Yup, simply edit the download and choose to host it on Amazon instead of your server, and it should update automatically.

Post by cdamianou » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:10 pm

Thanks codeM0nK3Y

I have purchased and installed this. I have inputed the Acess key etc. and it showed up my bucket,so all that is working fine. However when I go to any download the Upload Method button is blank.

Please find attached a screenshot. Do you know what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Amazon S3 Pro admin.png

Amazon S3 Pro admin.png (11.51 KiB) Viewed 4727 times

http://www.magictao.co.uk

Post by codeM0nK3Y » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:44 pm

What version of Opencart are you using? Please also post (or PM me) a copy of your VQMod log file, in case something isn't being found.

Note that for anything useful to be in the VQMod log file, you'll need to grab it immediately after going on a download page in admin (the one you screenshotted) since the log gets overwritten with every page load.

Post by rofus » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi,

I saw an update for the extension available in my downloads: has the avaialble downloads number-update been implemented?

Thanks.