Post by countzer0 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:26 pm

I am researching 2.3.x multi store compatible themes for a client. I am finding it very difficult to make a shortlist as there is no "multi store" filter on opencart.com, or indeed on the theme makers' sites. Can anyone recommend a theme designer who makes multi store compatible themes, or even some suitable themes?

Thanks for any help.

A happy OpenCart developer from Brighton.

Location - Brighton, UK

Post by labeshops » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:05 pm

Avoid any themes that add their own controllers since in general, these are NOT multistore compatible - I found that out the hard way.

I highly recommend Qahar's free Default 2 theme. His controllers ARE multi store compatible and gearbox that is included lets you easily create custom menus per store without having to hard code anything. It also has a built-in child theme system that will let you customize the templates as you like without fear of upgrading the theme breaking it.

Best thing to do is set up a multistore test site and try out a few themes until you find one you love.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA