Version 3
16%
Version 4
65%

Total votes: 116

Post by iSenseLabs » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:44 pm

paulfeakins wrote:Looking really good!

Just 2 comments at the moment:

1. OpenCart Success Stories is excellent, I hope this will be kept updated! I know from conversations with clients that they are influenced by which other companies are using OpenCart so getting some big names in here would do wonders for OpenCart, I think.

2. Where there is a fixed width it seems to be very narrow. As you know monitor resolutions increase every year and you can often judge a website's age by its width! It looks to me like you're using a width of around 900px which makes it look a bit dated in my opinion. Bootstrap uses 1200px and I'd be tempted to go even higher to future proof it. We already have a guy in the office with a 4k monitor and many Macs are 5k. If a site is too thin it is even more noticeable on these!
Hello Paul, Thanks for the feedback.

We are actually using the 1200 px Bootstrap default for the designs. We designed it on a 5K Mac so maybe thats while it looks a bit smaller. Although it should not be as all the designs are saved in HD.

Premium OpenCart Extensions and Custom Development

Post by OSWorX » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:31 pm

What about multi-lingual capabilities?
I hope that with publishing the site with the new design, it should be possible to select languages.

As well known, some languages need more space than others.
And (for example) if buttons with a translation are displayed not optimal, it looks not very professional.

And displaying the new pages only in English will keep many possible customers outside - especially if the possible translation is not well done (e.g. using a machine translator instead of a human translation).

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by algeriano » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:11 am

kysmet4e wrote:I also vote for Number4. It looks awesome and much better :)
same here :)

Cigarette electronique Grossiste - E liquide Grossiste - Joyetech Grossiste - Kangertech Grossiste - Electronic Cigarette Wholesale
- E liquid Wholesale - E cigarette Wholesale

Post by iSenseLabs » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:47 pm

Here are some bigger images in case you are curious to see the designs:

P.S. We did not include all screens because the design would become a mile long. But rest assured all pages on OpenCart are redesigned. There are a few new ones as well, so stay tuned.

Premium OpenCart Extensions and Custom Development

Post by megagrocery » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:34 pm

Our website has gone live, no problems so far, very happy with the results.
http://MegaGrocery.com.au

Regards,

Amin
https://ozgalore.au/

Post by OCdevWizard » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:47 am

Hi all.
#4 is the best. Thank you for this work.

OCdevWizard - OpenCart extensions and modules.

Location - Eastern Europe

Post by Daniel » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

ok the new design is in progress and not to far off from being finished. so im putting this topic back to general discussion

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by sunsys » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:36 am

Daniel wrote:ok the new design is in progress and not to far off from being finished. so im putting this topic back to general discussion
Hoping that the marketplace page will also get redesigned with better facilities like ability to choose favorites and set wishlist or buy later list, questions answered by developer should be looked into. Search engine should also be enhanced.

Thank You.

Regards,
Sun Systems
Industrial Electronics and Instrumentation