Post by chiko930 » Tue May 20, 2014 6:36 am

I originally bought Journal but it doesn't allow me the layout I'm hoping for. Can anyone help?

I'm looking for a theme for a Not for Profit shop that will enable a video with some company info at the top which doesn't seem so hard to find. Underneath, I would like 3 categories separated into their own sections with their products underneath. This is what I'm finding hard to find. I've attached a VERY basic image of what I'm hoping for.

As you can probably tell, I'm new to opencart and web design in general but as the Non Profit is run entirely by volunteers, we haven't got the funds to hire a web designer at the moment. If anyone knows of a theme that could offer us this layout, I'd greatly appreciate any recommendations.

Attachments

website.png

website.png (19.83 KiB) Viewed 946 times

Post by IP_CAM » Tue May 20, 2014 7:48 am

Any theme is highly customizable, it just depends one someone, able to handle 'CSS' Stylesheet coding, this is the place where the Page Layout is basically defined and pre-set. The problem is another one, you expect someone else to invest a huge amount of time into designing a matching layout, based on 1 single drawing, displaying 1 single page out of uncounted others...

Profit or Non-Profit Site, without someone, able to 'manage' an Custom OC-based Software like OC, you will not succeed, if you depend on free (forum) assistance, when it comes to 'handle' your Place. Everybody, familiar with the 'OC Online Shop Business' knows that, therefore, those peoples avoid to just waist their time with a neverending task, getting your site as you want it to look ( and work) like...

My advise, stick with what's available for free. And make yourselfs familiar with CSS-Coding, it's not very hard to understand, if one knows in general, how a simple HTML Page is built. But without any such knowledge, you need someone you know to help you. To ask for this here would be to much to ask for, believe me...

no offense, just straight information

Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by edesonmaverick » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:18 pm

I completely agree with what you said in the explanation. One should have the basic knowledge of HTML first then with the help of CSS pseudo codes it becomes easy to make creative websites.Not only this you can also try for the responsive web designs with the use of CSS.Check FWD for more information.