Post by OC2PS » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:25 am

Go to Extension page

Purpose
tawk.to is a 100% FREE live chat app that lets you monitor and chat with visitors on your Opencart site. No catch. No spam. No wares.

You will be able to live chat with store visitors, and help them with problems in real-time, thereby increasing sales. What's more, you can monitor visitors - at any point in time, you can see how many people are active on the store, which country they are from, which site they came from, which page they are browsing, etc.

tawk is not kidding when it says:
  • Gain valuable insight when you monitor your website visitors in real time.
  • Stay connected anywhere, be in touch with your customers from your computer, or your mobile.
  • Live Chat is convenient for your customers, helping them through pain points and as a result helping you generate better customer support and higher conversions.
Watch intro video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7o8x5gj2ww

This extension adds tawk.to integration to your OpenCart store.

PLUS, for your customers logged into the OpenCart store, the extension grabs the name and email address, and passes on that information to Tawk, so that when you are monitoring or chatting, you know who you are talking to...

Installation v 1.0+ and Update
  • Extract/Unzip the archive you downloaded.
  • Upload the contents of the "upload" folder to your OpenCart root (e.g. via cPanel File Manager, FTP, SFTP, etc)[/code]
  • Access your Opencart Admin and go to

Code: Select all

Extensions > Extensions
    , select

Modules
    from the dropdown.
  • Click the green Install button next to Tawk.to
  • On the same page, click the blue Edit button next to Tawk.to to log into Tawk.to and select the widget to use.
  • Don't forget to go to

Design > Layouts
    and add Tawk.to to content_bottom of the relevant layouts.
Setup
  • Most of the setup happens in your Tawk.to account. Ensure you have configured your widget there to your liking.
  • In this extension, you can basically choose which widget from your saved widgets to use.
Frequently Asked Questions
  1. Does this extension work with my theme? It has been developed for OpenCart Default theme, and should work with most themes that use the same structure.
  2. Does this extension work with Journal 2 theme? Yes!
  3. Does this extension work with OpenCart 3.x? Yes.
  4. Does this extension work with OpenCart 1.x/2.x? No. And no plans either.
  5. I don't have a tawk.to account. You can register for free at their website.
  6. I want to change how the widget looks. You can change the widget settings in your Tawk.to account. Here's a "how to" video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnoA56qOfcM
  7. I have an idea. Great! Post it as a reply to this thread.
  8. I am having a problem with this extension. Please click Get Support on this page.

Attachments

edittawk.JPG

Click Edit button next to Tawk.to - edittawk.JPG (20.27 KiB) Viewed 3981 times

logintawk.JPG

settingstawk.JPG

Visibility settings for your widget - settingstawk.JPG (53.65 KiB) Viewed 3981 times

dashboard-answering-chats2.png

Answering Chats in Tawk Dashboard - dashboard-answering-chats2.png (61.49 KiB) Viewed 3981 times

dashboard-join-chats.jpg

Joining Chats in Tawk Dashboard - dashboard-join-chats.jpg (14.78 KiB) Viewed 3981 times

tawk-bottom-right.jpg

"Dormant" Tawk widget on Store front - tawk-bottom-right.jpg (155.32 KiB) Viewed 3981 times

tawk-open-widget.png

Open Tawk widget - tawk-open-widget.png (27.94 KiB) Viewed 3981 times

OC2PS
OC 3.0.3.7, vQmod 2.6.2, Journal3 theme
Arcfesték, Csillámtetoválás, Henna
Check out: All my extensions | My FREE extensions

Location - Hungary

Post by projinitech » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:10 pm

Good day,
I just purchased and installed this extension on my website (www.koboko.ng) running OpenCart 3.0.2.0 version.
I followed the installation instructions listed below.
After uploading the admin & the catalog folders to my OpenCart root folder, I went to Extensions > Extensions > Modules > Tawk.to and installed it.
After successful installation, I clicked on the edit button, entered my login details, selected the widget I had already setup and clicked on save as shown in the Tawk To Admin 1 attached file.
When I clicked on the return button to go back to modules pages, I get a dialog with error as shown in the Tawk To Error 1 attached file.
On clicking the Tawk.to edit button again, I discovered that I am still logged in but my selected widget is not showing as can be seen in the Tawk To Admin 4 attached file.
The widget is not showing in any of the pages.
I am using Fastor theme for OpenCart.

Attachments

Tawk To Error 1.JPG

Tawk To Error 1 - Tawk To Error 1.JPG (82.39 KiB) Viewed 3884 times

Tawk To Admin 4.JPG

Tawk To Admin 4 - Tawk To Admin 4.JPG (108.38 KiB) Viewed 3884 times

Tawk To Admin 1.JPG

Tawk To Admin 1 - Tawk To Admin 1.JPG (114.6 KiB) Viewed 3884 times

Post by OC2PS » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:59 pm

Have you added Tawk.to module to content_bottom of your layouts?

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by projinitech » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Yes and it still not showing.

Post by OC2PS » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:59 pm

As discussed offline, on OpenCart stock/default theme, on your site, the widget loads fine.

Your theme is not loading OpenCart layouts, which is why the Tawk widget is not loading. Please get your theme to properly load OpenCart layouts.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary