Post by OpenCart Addons » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:59 pm

We're happy to Introduce the OpenCart Addons Shipping Support Hub.

We’ve had requests lately for a place where customers can share their working shipping setups and experiences using our advanced shipping solutions.

If you have any questions regarding your shipping setup, please post a detailed description of what you're looking to achieve and we will assist you!

If you're already using one of our shipping solutions, we would love for you to share your shipping rates setup with everyone!

Cheers,
OpenCart Addons Team
Last edited by OpenCart Addons on Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by OpenCart Addons » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:31 am

We received this excellent question from one of our customers on how to setup their shipping scenario.

Question:
Hello,
I bought your mod and I kinda need help with a setup:

I plan to start a marketing plan Free Product plus $4.99 for shipping. I have 10 products under the free category that I created.

I also offer free shipping over $25

My issue is when the customer buys $25 or more worth of stuff and they add a Free Product, that free product should still charge $4.99 for shipping (or $8.99 if they chose rush) but all the other PAID products should be disregarded for calculation (only on the standard but not on rush...rush is always a paid for and is not the free shipping over $25 promo)

I have two shipping options (a standard for $4.99 and a rush for $8.99). They are based on weight.

How can I accomplish this setup?
Let us explain how to setup this scenario using Advanced Shipping PRO.

To achieve this setup, you will need to create a total of 4 shipping rates:

Rate 1 - Shipping For All Products Excluding Paid
  • Rate Group: A,B
    Calculate Shipping Based On: Cart Weight
    Shipping Rates: <input your shipping rates using max:cost, max:cost, max:cost formatting>
    Requirements > All Requirements Must Be Satisfied
    Requirements > Only Include Products In Shipping Calculation That Satisfies All Product Requirements
    Requirements > Product Category > Does Not Equal > Free Category > Any Product Must Satisfy This Requirement
    Requirements > Cart Total > Less Than Or Equals > 25.00

Rate 2 - Free Shipping For All Products Excluding Paid
  • Rate Group: A,B
    Calculate Shipping Based On: Cart Total
    Shipping Rates: ~:0.00
    Requirements > Only Include Products In Shipping Calculation That Satisfies All Product Requirements
    Requirements > Product Category > Does Not Equal > Free Category > Any Product Must Satisfy This Requirement
    Requirements > Cart Total > Greater Than > 25.00

Rate 3 - Paid Products - Standard Shipping
  • Rate Group: A
    Calculate Shipping Based On: Cart Quantity
    Shipping Rates: ~:4.99/1
    Requirements > Product Category > Equals > Free Category > Any Product Must Satisfy This Requirement

Rate 4 - Paid Products - Rush Shipping
  • Rate Group: B
    Calculate Shipping Based On: Cart Quantity
    Shipping Rates: ~:8.99/1
    Requirements > Product Category > Equals > Free Category > Any Product Must Satisfy This Requirement

You would then combine these shipping costs when applicable using the following Combine Rates rules:

Rule 1
    Calculation Method: Sum
Rule 2
  • Rate Group: B

Let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
OpenCart Addons

Location - Canada

Post by OpenCart Addons » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:43 am

Another one of our customers had a tricky setup, but using Advanced Shipping PRO he was able to get the exact shipping charges he was looking for.

Question:
Hi Joel,

Here is an examples, for simplicity I have calculated out the formula.

Example
For Product A
for postcodes 2000:2234, 2555:267, 2745: 2770 shipping is free
for postcodes 2347, 2357,2360 shipping is $77.73 for first one and $77.73x number of products x0.85 if greater than 1

I am only dealing with 2 countries but that still means I have several hundred post code ranges, and individual post codes - is there any way to bulk import them? I would need to import post codes plus product delivery costs for each product.
Alternative is to import post codes and dimensional weight formula, but that doesn't seem possible.

volumetric formula is (basic charge + rate x dimensional weight)x(1+fuel surcharge)
For example
Product A
if delivery less then $50 it is free
volume is 0.59m x 0.59m x 0.81m = 0.282 x conversion factor (250) = 70.5

for post codes 2365:2372 =(8.81 + (0.67*70.5))x(1+0.16) = $65

However, if formula cannot be used I can multiply out for each product and input as a constant based on post code and product.

If you can explain how to input this in your extension it would be much appreciated.
Thankfully Advanced Shipping PRO supports dimensional weight based calculations. We advised our customer to create the following setup:

Shipping Rate 1
  • Calculate Shipping Based On: Dimensional Weight
    Shipping Factor: 0.004
    Shipping Rates: ~:0.0067/0.01+8.81
    Freight Free: 116%
    Requirements > All Requirments Below Must Be Satisfied
    Requirements > Only Includes Products In Calculation That Meet All Product Requirements Below
    Postal Code > Equals > 2365:2372 > Other Postal Code Format

Here's how it works:

The 0.004 shipping factor is the conversion factor (250), but inversed. ASPRO divides the volume of the product by the shipping factor.

~ indicates that the shipping rate is valid to an infinite maximum weight

0.0067 is the shipping charge per 0.01 kg of dimensional weight. I broke it down into 0.01kg increments to give a more accurate calculation since ASPRO will round up the product dimensional weight based on the number of decimals.

8.81 is the additional fee added to the end of the dimensional weight calculation

116% freight fee is used to multiply the final shipping charge by 1.16.

The requirements will be used to verify that the customer is within the postal code range 2365 to 2372. If true, the extension will calculate the shipping charge.

Assuming the cost structure is different based on postal code ranges, you will have to create a unique shipping rate for each postal code range. This can be sped up using the import/export tool within ASPRO after setting up the first shipping rate using the extension interface.

After successfully getting his shipping costs working on his site, he had one more request.

Question:
Can I add a condition that if the shipping cost is less than $30 then shipping is free
There's no method to override the shipping cost to free based on the shipping cost value. However, you can work backwards and determine what weight is required to get the shipping cost above $30, then set shipping for all weights less than that to be free.

For example, going back to the calculation in the previous email you can work backwards to determine what weight is required before shipping exceeds $30.
  • (8.81+(0.67 x dim_weight)) x 1.16 = shipping_cost
    (8.81+(0.67dim_weight)) x 1.16 = shipping_cost
    8.81 + 0.67dim_weight = shipping_cost / 1.16
    0.67dim_weight = (shipping_cost / 1.16) - 8.81
    dim_weight = ((shipping_cost / 1.16) - 8.81) / 0.67
Therefore if we plug in $30 for the shipping cost, we end up with a dim_weight of 25.45kg

dim_weight = 25.45kg

Now to give free shipping on orders of 25.45kg, and calculate shipping on the rest, replace the shipping rates field formula with this:

25.45:0.00, ~:0.0067/0.01+8.81

Do you have a unique shipping scenario that you need help with? Let us know!

Cheers,
OpenCart Addons

Location - Canada

Post by OpenCart Addons » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:18 am

Today we had a request from one of our customers Jon.
I am just trying to configure our website and the Advanced Shipping Pro extension.

We have products that we sell to multiple countries and charge different shipping rates per group of products, I am a little confused as to how I can do this. The shipping needs to be charged on a per product quantity basis but there may be two of product A (Group A), two of product B (Group B) on an order. So the total shipping for the UK based on below should be £6.00 (2 x £1.00 and 2 x £2.00). There will be no maximum shipping charge.

I have 4 Geo Zones - UK, ROW, EUR and UK VAT
I have grouped the products - Group A, Group B, Group C, etc.
My Shipping Rates are:
UK - GROUP A - £1.00
UK- GROUP B - £2.00
UK - GROUP C - £5.00
UK - GROUP D - £7.00
UK VAT- GROUP A - £1.20
UK VAT- GROUP B - £2.40
UK VAT- GROUP C - £6.00
UK VAT- GROUP D - £8.40
EUR - GROUP A - £4.00
EUR- GROUP B - £8.00
EUR - GROUP C - £16.00
EUR - GROUP D - £20.00
ROW - GROUP A - £8.00
ROW- GROUP B - £16.00
ROW - GROUP C - £20.00
ROW - GROUP D - £30.00
Another perfect example of how Advanced Shipping PRO can solve a complex shipping setup. This particular setup would require approximately 14 shipping rates to achieve, one per product group for each Geo Zone. Thankfully with Advanced Shipping PRO's built-in copy feature, setting up these shipping rates is quick and easy!

UK - Product Group A
  • Calculate Shipping Based On: Cart Quantity
    Shipping Rates: ~:1.00/1
    Rate Group: A
    Geo Zone: <select UK>
    Requirements > All Requirements Below Must Be Satisfied
    Requirements > Only Include Products In Shipping Calculation that Satisfy All Product Requirements Below
    Product Location > Equals > A > Any Product In The Cart Must Satisfy This Requirement

To make setting up the other shipping rates easier, you would copy this first rate, and make the following changes:

UK - Product Group B
  • Shipping Rates: ~:2.00/1
    Product Location > Equals > B > Any Product In The Cart Must Satisfy This Requirement

You then repeat this process per product group, for each Geo Zone, each time changing the Shipping Rates formula and Product Location value to match that of the product group. You would also need update the Geo Zone selection.

Because I'm not familiar with how Jon structures his product groups, I suggested that he use the Product Location field to assign the product group value (e.g. "A", "B", "C" or "D"). This makes grouping the products for the shipping calculation very easy.

After setting up all the shipping rates, the final step is to tell Advanced Shipping PRO to combine the shipping costs together. To do this, you would create a new rule under the Combine Rates tab with the following settings:

Rule 1

It's that easy!

Need help with your unique shipping setup? Contact Us to find out how one of our powerful shipping solutions can help!

Cheers,
OpenCart Addons

Location - Canada

Post by schiggi » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:39 pm

Hi Joel,

happy customer of your extension. Wondering, how to set up the module (advanced shipping pro) in order to get free delivery, if a customer enteres a specific coupon. Otherwise a shipping fee or free, if order above a certain amount.

Do you have an idea, how to do that?

Thanks!

Post by OpenCart Addons » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:43 am

schiggi wrote:Hi Joel,

happy customer of your extension. Wondering, how to set up the module (advanced shipping pro) in order to get free delivery, if a customer enteres a specific coupon. Otherwise a shipping fee or free, if order above a certain amount.

Do you have an idea, how to do that?

Thanks!
Sorry for the very late reply. The OpenCart forums were undergoing an upgrade so I was never notified of your post.

The best method to achieve this is to create a coupon that offers free shipping. Set the discount to 0 and set Free Shipping to Yes in the coupon settings.

Regards,
Joel.

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by Aphexangel » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:55 am

Hello!
I'm trying to set up multiple products with different shipping prices per geocode, but with discounts on certain item shipping costs dependent on cart values for the items.
I've tried setting up a formula which should have taken care of it all (at least it seemed like it would work), but it fails to show up for any shipping code for any location, despite proper setup.
At the moment, I have groups (A, B, C, F, H) in US geocodes and groups (D, E, G) for international, and the formula I've got in the combined shipping rates is
SUM({A},{B},{C},{D},{E}) + (SUM({F},{G})/4) + (SUM({H})/3)

These also need to be able to be purchased separately without conditional discounts - How can I get this to work properly?

Post by paloc » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:06 am

I have been using Advanced Shipping Pro for almost a year now - we love it!
For some of our International customers, I need to have them call or email for a shipping rate: can I do this?

Thanks

Post by OpenCart Addons » Fri May 12, 2017 1:56 am

paloc wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:06 am
I have been using Advanced Shipping Pro for almost a year now - we love it!
For some of our International customers, I need to have them call or email for a shipping rate: can I do this?

Thanks
Sorry for late reply. For some reason my subscription to this post was removed.

Yes, this is possible. Create a new shipping rate for international users and give it the name "Contact Us For Quote". This will allow the customer to complete their order, then they will follow up to get the shipping cost and you can issue an invoice for the total order cost via your payment provider.

Regards,
Joel.

Location - Canada

Post by paloc » Fri May 12, 2017 1:59 am

Thanks! I think that will work!