Post by Evelyn » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:07 pm

JIMSLITA wrote:Hi Evelyn - Yes if you look in the original Post you can use = which will then show the ACTUAL price of each option as well as dynamically updating the display price (to the price shown next to each option you create) as your customer selects an option rather than them having to do the maths!

I am sure Qphoria will let you know if I am wrong, but I have just bought this extension for exactly this (plus all the other benefits such as dynamically changing the image as your customer selects an option so that you could also show the different packaging (if there is any) fr each different size option.

Hope that helps

Jim
Thanks a lot Jim, I will purchase and get around it. :)

Post by Qphoria » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:08 am

JIMSLITA wrote:Hi there

Looks great - Just wondering whether you can tell me if:

either this supports using store products as options,

or,

if you know of a compatible extension that will allow this along with this extension, such as Combo set, Bundle buy - http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=80352 or Buy Together or Product Accessories by juliocesar757 - http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... load_id=29

Thanks,

JW
No this won't support other mods. Options touch the very heart of the core cart and any changes to options are typically not compatible with other option mods. I am looking at adding its own native option for products as options in future versions

Administrator

Post by JIMSLITA » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:16 am

Hi Qphoria

I have just bought this from you anyway and will have to make do with creating options which have products names but aren't linked to the store product for stock control for now - hopefully you will find a way to incorporate your own products as options soon, it'll make like A LOT easier!

Thanks

Jim

OC v 1.5.4 with alot of tweaks,exts & mods.

Post by theneum » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:24 am

I'm a very happy customer of this mod. I do have a couple of things that would make it better for my use. First would be a way to add a suggested retail price to the option (which would be crossed out). Or perhaps a way to put that option on sale. Say, if I wanted to clear out the large size of a shirt for instance.

Lastly, I really like being able to add images to the options, but in my case my first option group is the main product (different sizes), while other options are just add ons and are optional. I like having images by the add ons but it confuses customers when those add ons become the main picture during checkout. If there was a way to specify the first option group as the "master" image that should be passed through to the cart it would be awesome.

I'd be happy to pay more for this functionality.

But, seriously, for my money this is the best mod I've used. Thanks for making it.

Post by Qphoria » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:01 am

v155.6 - 2013-Mar-17
- Fixed bug added with last version
- Fixed issue with out of stock options still showing
- Added strike-through for radio/checkbox/image options (not select tho since it can't be done)

v155.5 - 2013-Mar-16
- Added new "1" prefix
- Re-Added the fix for options not showing if out of stock and subtract = 1

v155.4 - 2013-Mar-15
- Fixed export/import mod compatibility script
- Fixed override sku always defaulting to 1 when using import

(Click the Image below to see the full image)

Attachments

options-boost-1x-and-discounts.png

options-boost-1x-and-discounts.png (140.66 KiB) Viewed 7602 times

Administrator

Post by vik007 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:09 pm

hi, for the upgrade do i just replace all the files??

i ask becuase i have set up the images, skus etc on various products and dont fancy losing that information?

Post by vik007 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:31 pm

issue with out of stock options still showing-

I have tried but been unsucessful.

I have selected a product and set the data quantity to 9999 subtract – NO.

I have then set options by sizes:

Size 9 qty 0 subtract yes
Size 10 qty 4 subtract yes
Size 11 qty 6 subtract yes

But the size 9 still appears in the list?

Anyone see what i am doing wrong? or tested??

Post by JIMSLITA » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:13 pm

vikoo7 - what versions of Opencart and Options Boost are you using?

I am using OC v1.5.4 with Options boost v155.6 and custom theme and have it working fine again now (I have data set to subtract=yes but I don't think that is the problem

Jim

Post by vik007 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:18 pm

Hi Jim,

Was hoping you would reply :-) as i knew you wanted this resolution aswell?

Opencart - Version 1.5.5.1
Options boost - v155.6

i am just using the default theme.. Any ideas where i may be going wrong?

Post by JIMSLITA » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:25 pm

I assume that your options are set to required too?

Otherwise it seems you have the other things set up the same way as me (except subtract stock = yes in data tab)

Do you have any other extensions regarding stock display or options?

Jim

Post by JIMSLITA » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:26 pm

In fact I am sure that you have options set to NOT required and that is the problem - no?

Jim

Post by vik007 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:51 pm

Hi Jim,

I have required field set to Yes.

no other extension installed either?

Post by JIMSLITA » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:08 pm

Oh - I thought that was the problem. I have a product with 2 options: 1 required, one not required. The one with required doesn't display when option stock=0 but the not required one displays even if stock=0.

Without actually looking at your product set up I can only assume that it must be a difference between 1.5.4 and 1.5.5.1 maybe.

If you want to PM me feel free.

Good luck!

Jim

Jim

Post by unclewoja » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi,

I'm starting an online store and this mod will solve a few problems I had encountered. However, the items that I sell are quite bulky and available in multiple sizes. There are also quite a few hundred different products taking into consideration all the size and material options.

When shipping, the products' cubic weight always exceeds its dead weight. Ergo, if I create a product for the smallest size, add the weights and dimensions to that, and then someone buys the biggest size, while I can add the extra weight, I can't add the extra size, so the freight will be under-estimated. Adjusting the weight to match the cubic weight isn't a viable option for a number of reasons:

Example. I have a product that weighs 12 kg. This is below the standard 25kg weight limit to allow the product to be handled without any additional lifting equipment. However, it has dimensions of 100cm x 65cm x 35cm, giving it a cubic weight of 56.875 kg.

1. It will cause my freight carrier to add additional charges for special delivery trucks to deal with the "weight", as 56kg would require tail-lift delivery trucks or require a fork lift (or similar) at the destination
2. It misrepresents information to the customer.

Can this extensions have different dimensions associated with each option?

I'm also looking at using ExcelPort for bulk product updating. Do you know if the additional data in the options would be exported in a full product export to be edited in excel?

Post by ottawaffr » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:50 pm

Working wonderfully so far.

I have several options with images.

Product 1:
Size --> Drop down --> no image --> no change in main image
Colour --> Check box --> image --> change main image on select
Connector --> Radio button --> image --> no change in main image

Is this possible?

Is there a way to have an image displayed in the choice that doesn't change the main image?

Maybe there is a way to have the radio button display but not change the main image?

Thanks for your help.

Post by localseven » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:00 am

I have a similar issue as above.

The extension works great but the way it insists on putting the default image back for options without images is a bit strange. For example if I have a store that sells socks, and the options are color and size - lets say I select the default image for the product as a white sock. So as a customer I come to the page, I select color: red, and the image changes to a red sock, all is good thus far. But for the second option I select size: medium, even though I haven't designated an image for that option it changes the main image back to the white sock. The red color option and medium size option are still selected but the image is the original white sock. I think this would be rather confusing for the customer.

Is there a workaround for this problem?

Thanks.

Post by vik007 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:29 pm

Instead of having two drop downs ( colour and size) you could always have one call it ....colour/size.

And your options could be White-small, red-large...etc

Proberly not the best way but a workaround I suppose?

Post by virtualgeorge » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:47 am

Qphoria wrote:The strike through was fixed last week... And yes in the new version options boost I will add many new features including the option to discount the option price or not
Where is the feature to turn off/on the option discount?

Post by maccadon » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:44 pm

When i choose a option on the product it will change the image to the option image. That works like it should but is there a way to let it revert to de default image? Like a button or a link (revert to original image)

Post by JIMSLITA » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:50 pm

If you use the original image as an additional image (under the image tab on the product admin page) then you will see a thumbnail of the default image below the image window. Should achieve what you are looking for I hope.

Good luck