Post by Qphoria » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:49 am

For those who are familiar with "Options Plus Redux" for OpenCart v1.4.x
I've released its successor for OpenCart v1.5.x called "Options Boost".

Yes 1.5.x means that it works with 1.5.0, 1.5.1, 1.5.1.3, 1.5.2, 1.5.2.1, 1.5.2.2, etc .. hence the "x"

Demo Video here:
http://screencast.com/t/FlHdczdUej

Details and Purchase information here:
http://opencartguru.com/options-boost
Options Boost is a complete rewrite of Options Plus Redux, made to work with the new options system in 1.5.x
It also adds the features to additional option types. Now you can assign images to select boxes, checkboxes, and radio buttons.

Options Boost is an addon for opencart 1.5.x that adds additional features to the existing options system.
Added fields like individual skus and images for each option, price calculation and display variations for the options (aside from the normal +/-), and the option to have javascript alert triggers on option change.

Main features:
==============
New Parameters:
* SKU: Individual model/sku number for each option. Persists on cart page and throughout order and invoicing.
* Info: short misc info field about the option. Hover over the image to see text
* Image: an image to sit next to the option. Click image to thickbox enlarge
Other Features:
* Uses vQmod for core changes
* Includes vQmod script to support the Import/Export Excel mod (by JNeuhoff) - COMING SOON
* Ability to add current options to multiple product(s) simultaneously.
* Is designed to be expanded with more options in the future.
* Added additional price prefixes aside from (+) and (-):
(%) will price the option based off the percentage of the product price
(*) is product price * option price
(=) uses option price for item price instead of adding to product price. Product price is ignored
* Option shows qty next to value
* Option image shown in cart.
options_boost.png

options_boost.png (78.2 KiB) Viewed 30912 times

Administrator

Post by tyjthomas » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 am

Sweet - thanks. Already purchased and installed, along with the java price mod. Works like a charm.

I must say I love that your extensions are so easy to install. That is my favorite part about them!

Post by JasonF » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:37 am

Thank you for this great mod, and the additional help getting it to work with my template.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:44 am

Great to hear its working nicely for you :)

Administrator

Post by komodosp » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:18 pm

Let's say I have multiple options, and I need an SKU for each comination of the options...
e.g. Size & Colour.
I want one SKU for Black 10cm, another SKU for Red 10cm, another SKU for Black 12cm, etc.

Will this plugin accomplish that?

Thanks!

Post by Qphoria » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:56 am

UPDATE v151.9 -
- Added Export/Import tool (by JNeuhoff) support. Now you can use the Export/Import tool and it will support the new options boost column. Uses a separate vQmod script just for the tool. Be sure to enable it after update by removing the "_" at the end of the vqmod script filename.

Administrator

Post by ericwlm » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi Qphoria,

This looks like a great product! Before I make the purchase, however, I was wondering if there's a way to only show the option quanties when it reaches a certain level, say 5 left. If a product has a lot of options and each option has hundreds or thousands in stock, it could get really messy and confusing. Is there the ability to set this "starting point" number?

Thanks,
Eric

Post by Qphoria » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Not by default, but it could be customized easily after install.
1 line change

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:44 am

UPDATE:
v152.2 - Added support for AceShop (fka AyelShop)

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Thu May 03, 2012 10:29 pm

Ella wrote:when i use "=" sign for checkbox and select some checkbox,Prices were not affected
only show 1 checkbox price in shopping cart
what is wrong? is this modue support "=" sign for some checkbox?
Can you link me to an example

Administrator

Post by briggs » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:14 am

Options Boost is amazing and it solved quite a few of my company's needs! Thank you!

The only thing we need is a way to make the product option value sku field searchable within the cart's search function. Is this something that can be done? We are coming up on our grand opening and would like customers to be able to search products with options by model/sku number.

Cheers
Emily

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:23 am

Update v155.1
- Added OpenCart 1.5.5.1 support
- Added option price discounts based on product price discounts
- Added support for "image" option type images to be used for swap if product-level-option images are not added
- Officially dropped old "swatches" plan since the built-in opencart 'image' option type is good enough

Administrator

Post by Omen » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:24 am

Hi Q,
- Added option price discounts based on product price discounts
I like this feature however think it would be better with a checkbox for each option value to select whether or not it should be discounted as you may have a supplier offer giving 25% off the product but not the options/accessories or on the product and selective options. In which case you could end up loosing money on options that are discounted when they shouldn't be.

Also the strike through obviously doesn't work on the dropdown so i'd suggest either not having the original price show at all or have it show as "Was: £10 Now: £5". Becuase otherwise some people could be confused by the two prices.

So from this:
ob_default.jpg

As it currently is - ob_default.jpg (82.89 KiB) Viewed 21526 times

To this:
ob_revised.jpg

Suggested alternative - ob_revised.jpg (93.62 KiB) Viewed 21526 times

Thanks,
Omen

Post by Qphoria » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:38 am

The strike through was fixed last week... And yes in the new version options boost I will add many new features including the option to discount the option price or not

Administrator

Post by tdaubs » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:21 am

It would be sweet if this extension could add functionality so that some options could actually be changed in the actual cart view. For instance, if a person adds a medium t-shirt to the cart and during checkout decides he wants a large t-shirt instead, he could actually modify that option in the cart without going back to the product view. Probably not easy to accomplish though. Just an idea...

Opencart Support . Opencart Galaxy . Buy Me a Coffee?

Location - Southern California

Post by Qphoria » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:06 am

tdaubs wrote:It would be sweet if this extension could add functionality so that some options could actually be changed in the actual cart view. For instance, if a person adds a medium t-shirt to the cart and during checkout decides he wants a large t-shirt instead, he could actually modify that option in the cart without going back to the product view. Probably not easy to accomplish though. Just an idea...

That is actually a completely separate mod that I've started a while back but never finished... perhaps I should revisit it

Administrator

Post by tdaubs » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:48 am

If you do make a separate mod with that functionality... I see a LOT of people buying it.

Opencart Support . Opencart Galaxy . Buy Me a Coffee?

Location - Southern California

Post by JIMSLITA » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:41 am

Hi there

Looks great - Just wondering whether you can tell me if:

either this supports using store products as options,

or,

if you know of a compatible extension that will allow this along with this extension, such as Combo set, Bundle buy - http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=80352 or Buy Together or Product Accessories by juliocesar757 - http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... load_id=29

Thanks,

JW

OC v 1.5.4 with alot of tweaks,exts & mods.

Post by Evelyn » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:26 pm

Hi guys please help me out!!

will this extension help me achieve something like this:

http://f.cl.ly/items/3G2d2t331w1C170C063I/sc.png

I'm selling tea, so let's say I got a certain type of black tea i'm selling in 100grams and 450grams, I need those two options to show their total price rather than those damn "+" "-" signs.

Let me know please!!

Post by JIMSLITA » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:48 pm

Hi Evelyn - Yes if you look in the original Post you can use = which will then show the ACTUAL price of each option as well as dynamically updating the display price (to the price shown next to each option you create) as your customer selects an option rather than them having to do the maths!

I am sure Qphoria will let you know if I am wrong, but I have just bought this extension for exactly this (plus all the other benefits such as dynamically changing the image as your customer selects an option so that you could also show the different packaging (if there is any) fr each different size option.

Hope that helps

Jim

OC v 1.5.4 with alot of tweaks,exts & mods.