Post by Johnathan » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:18 pm

Yes, the customer can download all downloads related to that extension, including any future updates. If you want the downloads to be paid for separately, you need to list them as separate extensions.

Image
Image Image Image Image


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:08 am


Post by bull5-i » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:36 pm

Thanks Johnathan.

Now I have a concern about a possible redistribution of my work under someone else's name. Namely my (rmg) OC 1.5 Estonian translation. The other guy, deffex, started selling the same mod after buying it from me. Furthermore, he updated the translation to support OC 1.5.1.3 after I had updated it, so he very well could have gotten the changes from my update.
So, my question is, to whom should I speak to about this concern. I wouldn't want to waste the money and buy his version of the translation just to check if he really has changed or added something that my version does not have. There must be a better solution to this.

|V|355 \/\/17|-| 7}{3 |3357, ... [you know the rest]

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

All mods & extensions by me


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by Johnathan » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:31 pm

Contact Daniel and Qphoria immediately. They can check the files and see if they're using your code. They're generally pretty good at banning people doing unethical things on the extension store, but it would be nice if we had a dedicated person monitoring the extensions. I try and report things where I can, but I don't have enough time to go through all of them.

Image
Image Image Image Image


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:08 am


Post by bull5-i » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:37 pm

Thanks, will do.

|V|355 \/\/17|-| 7}{3 |3357, ... [you know the rest]

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

All mods & extensions by me


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:44 pm

of course the big problem is going to be that all language translations will be pretty much identical. Luckily lots of the scammers are too lazy to even take any comments out.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter


Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:51 am
Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:54 pm

bull5-i wrote:I have a question about the working of the extension store from the client side.
If someone buys a paid extension that has several downloads, then can they download all the files and how many times?
What happens when the author updates an existing download or adds a completely new one? Can the buyer later redownload the newly added files?
It is assumed updates are included free if you upload the file to the same mod. If you want to charge someone for an update, best to create a new product for that version

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by Daniel » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:48 am

moneys just gone out for oct 2011.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.
OpenCart commercial support now available!


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by Qphoria » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:04 pm

New Store Feature:
- You can now choose to Send an alert email to previous purchasers when you push out a new version or update your extension.

Image

It currently just sends a static email out informing the buyers that an update has been made and they should download the latest version, linking them to the extension page.

For the next step, I'd like to add a small message field to allow you to add details about the change. But I'm off to bed for now.

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by settysantu » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:52 pm

WOW!! this is amazing feature Qphoria :)

An Interview With OpenCart Founder Daniel Kerr By Santosh Setty


User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:59 am
Location - Hyderabad,India

Post by Johnathan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:08 pm

Great...thanks!

Image
Image Image Image Image


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:08 am


Post by Xsecrets » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:20 am

wish I had seen this earlier. I just updated one of mine today, and didn't know to look for it and didn't notice it because I wasn't looking for it, but yes very nice addition.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter


Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:51 am
Location - FL US

Post by Johnathan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:30 am

Two small issues:

1. I just updated one of mine today, and it sent me four copies of the update e-mail. Any idea why?

2. I received an update notice for PayPal Express, which I've never purchased, to an e-mail address that's not registered in the OpenCart store. (You can PM me if you want to know which one.) Just confused as to how I got on that list with a different e-mail address. :)

Image
Image Image Image Image


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:08 am


Post by jcsmithy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:14 am

Johnathan wrote:2. I received an update notice for PayPal Express, which I've never purchased
Think it might of been a blip in his testing - I got it too for the same extension, again that I haven't bought, and twice!

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:54 pm

Post by specialtyleds » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:53 am

When logging into my -separate- user account that is required to make comments on OpenCart Extensions I feel that there should be some kind of User Account setting in order to receive automated emails whenever a response is answered to a question which is posted from your account.

Right now when I impose a question for a module or extension the user forum does not inform me when a new response has been posted. I have to manually check every single day and forget about other questions I have made to other users.

This would help a lot considering there are so many different modules/extensions right now!!

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Post by Qphoria » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:17 pm

Johnathan wrote:Two small issues:

1. I just updated one of mine today, and it sent me four copies of the update e-mail. Any idea why?

2. I received an update notice for PayPal Express, which I've never purchased, to an e-mail address that's not registered in the OpenCart store. (You can PM me if you want to know which one.) Just confused as to how I got on that list with a different e-mail address. :)
Yea.. I'm not checking the order status field, and I'm also not removing duplicates. I grab the buyer email from the order table, forgetting that some people click "Buy License" but never go through with it.. so its just a temp order.

Tho I will say... as a result.. people who were "on the fence" like that are getting my update emails and with the todays update of split categories, I got 4 sales from that one...maybe due to the people who almost bought but didn't, and this update reminded them.... So bug turned feature almost :P

But I'll fix it... I guess. 8)

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by Qphoria » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:24 pm

ok fixed
Now people should only get one email, regardless of how many times they click the download link
and only people who have successfully purchased it will get the email.

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by Johnathan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Qphoria wrote:Tho I will say... as a result.. people who were "on the fence" like that are getting my update emails and with the todays update of split categories, I got 4 sales from that one...maybe due to the people who almost bought but didn't, and this update reminded them.... So bug turned feature almost :P
Hmm...that does seem kind of handy. :) Maybe an idea for the future would be to be able to subscribe to an extension, so you would know when it is updated even if you haven't bought it. More work for you, Q!

Image
Image Image Image Image


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:08 am


Post by adi_555 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:11 pm

I think opencart owners should put a mandatory validation check on what the developer is uploading. I have seen so many cases where the developer has missed some files or no instruction. This is very bad especially when there is a scheduled installation and then we just have to wait until the developer reverts!

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by Johnathan » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:29 am

adi_555 wrote:I think opencart owners should put a mandatory validation check on what the developer is uploading. I have seen so many cases where the developer has missed some files or no instruction. This is very bad especially when there is a scheduled installation and then we just have to wait until the developer reverts!
You'd have to have someone manually going through every extension that's uploaded. While that is possible, I doubt you're going to find anyone volunteering to do that for free. That's what the comments for the extension are for -- post a comment that instructions are not included, and give it a one-star rating until they are included. That doesn't really fix the problem, but if everyone was doing this consistently then it would happen less often.

Image
Image Image Image Image


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:08 am


Post by Qphoria » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:04 am

Johnathan wrote:
adi_555 wrote:I think opencart owners should put a mandatory validation check on what the developer is uploading. I have seen so many cases where the developer has missed some files or no instruction. This is very bad especially when there is a scheduled installation and then we just have to wait until the developer reverts!
You'd have to have someone manually going through every extension that's uploaded. While that is possible, I doubt you're going to find anyone volunteering to do that for free. That's what the comments for the extension are for -- post a comment that instructions are not included, and give it a one-star rating until they are included. That doesn't really fix the problem, but if everyone was doing this consistently then it would happen less often.
You can also report the mod.. after 5 reports it auto-disables the extension and emails me to manually check it.. I get quite a few emails per month and not a single false positive.

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests