Post by bingo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:26 pm

The new extension store.
can you add coupon function in it?

bingo

One Page Checkout Professional - More flexible and powerful one page checkout solution.
One Page Checkout Standard - Best one page checkout solution,separate module,no core files replace.
Product Import Export - Bulk insert update download product excel format.
Order Manager - help you manage orders more effectively.

Post by jcsmithy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:05 pm

Not too sure if coupons would be a sought after feature?

Post by JAY6390 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:18 am

I actually think a coupon option would be pretty nice. I've sometimes wanted to offer a coupon to people to get an extension, either for a price, or work out as being free for them as a thanks for buying something else

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by nosecret » Tue May 22, 2012 9:17 pm

Post by JAY6390 » Tue May 22, 2012 9:24 pm

It's a scam extension. please hit the report extension link on the page and submit a report

Guru Member

Post by opcrat » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:46 am

Is there any plan to standardize Refund Policy and Upgrade Policy ?

Many purchasers are getting confuse and being afraid whether they will get free upgrade (and with particular time frame) or not. Other option is to include upgrade option during purchase same as other open source projects extension store do.

Refund Policy is very important because so many users just buying and giving some silly reasons for getting refund that they don't want to use it now or they don't like it, etc so can we get refund or requesting administrator to get refund but instead of that is there any way to standardize refund policy to get refund only if the extension they bought has misguided somewhere or its not working the way it mentioned in description than and than they are eligible for refund.

Also wants to know about other developers experience and suggestion on Refund and Upgrade Policy!

One more suggestion is to include email message text with Send update email to purchasers option because proper details in email will save customers lot of time for finding details whether particular upgrade is for them or useful for them, etc. And also very useful for developers too to pass particular detailed message or instructions for upgrade.
Last edited by opcrat on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Most Useful Extensions || Most Selling Extensions
Opencart Development || Opencart Designing || eCommerce Project

✔ Join more than 5000 Happy Opencart Store Owners enjoying the extensions designed and developed by Opcrat, Opencart Partner.

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:57 am

Totally agree with above. Every time I make an upgrade people ask what the upgrade was for when I notify customers. Would be nice to have a little bit of text to go along with it just to inform customers of upgrades

Guru Member

Post by rph » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:53 am

opcrat wrote:Refund Policy is very important because so many users just buying and giving some silly reasons for getting refund that they don't want to use it now or they don't like it, etc so can we get refund or requesting administrator to get refund but instead of that is there any way to standardize refund policy to get refund only if the extension they bought has misguided somewhere or its not working the way it mentioned in description than and than they are eligible for refund.
Taking an occasional loss is part of doing business but it's still annoying when a person purchases a module then gets a refund without ever saying a word.

It'd be a big project but I'd like to see a support ticket system added to the extension store. If a customer had a problem with an extension they could open up a ticket and the developer could then assist. It would create a lot of valuable metrics. Do people regularly have a lot of problems with an extension or is it relatively bug free? Is a developer quick or slow to respond to problems? How long does it usually take to resolve an issue?

It would also help move support to one specific place rather than having it spread out over extension comments, forum threads, PMs, and email. Plus it saves developers the time of having to go through sales records and verify a person as a customer. If an issue is insurmountable then the developer could close the ticket out with the option of recommending a refund.

If people are being issued refunds because "the mod wasn't what I thought" then I think the developer has the right to know the exact reasoning also. I put up extensive descriptions, images, demos, and regularly answer all comment questions for my mods so I'd like to be able to update them to avoid the issue in the future. If it comes down to the customer simply not reading though I find that hard to see how it justifies a refund.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:57 am

Yeah, I've also seen some people that have been given refunds and are clearly using mods that they supposedly don't want

Guru Member

Post by rph » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:13 am

A user purchased one of my mods a week ago and immediately took a refund. Today he came asking for support. Absolutely shameless.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:01 am

rph, just a note: I noticed sometimes that people make a purchase, it's marked as refunded, and then a few days later they make the same purchase again. I'm not sure if they accidentally asked for a refund when the download wasn't immediately available, or if it was something else, but it is something to check on.

That being said, there are plenty of shameless people out there as well. If only they were avoidable... :)

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Avvici » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:24 am

Johnathan wrote:rph, just a note: I noticed sometimes that people make a purchase, it's marked as refunded, and then a few days later they make the same purchase again. I'm not sure if they accidentally asked for a refund when the download wasn't immediately available, or if it was something else, but it is something to check on.

Not really avoidable Jonathan ;D . Well, at least not with the Open Cart tactics. (legal tactics lol j/k)That being said, there are plenty of shameless people out there as well. If only they were avoidable... :)
I think that for the most part the extension store does it's job however it could use a few changes. For example, there are ton's of extension that really have no category to belong to so people force then in the category that BEST matches (which is ridiculous). I mean there should at the very least be more sub categories that cover "specific areas".

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by rph » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:54 am

Johnathan wrote:rph, just a note: I noticed sometimes that people make a purchase, it's marked as refunded, and then a few days later they make the same purchase again. I'm not sure if they accidentally asked for a refund when the download wasn't immediately available, or if it was something else, but it is something to check on.
I did check the sales history for the last 10 days beforehand and there was nothing beyond the initial refund. But if it does turn out just to be a screw up in the system I'll definitely give them an apology and all the help they need.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by opcrat » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:30 pm

Anyone has any idea about how latest search works in extension store ?

Most Useful Extensions || Most Selling Extensions
Opencart Development || Opencart Designing || eCommerce Project

✔ Join more than 5000 Happy Opencart Store Owners enjoying the extensions designed and developed by Opcrat, Opencart Partner.

Post by bingo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:47 pm

opcrat wrote:Anyone has any idea about how latest search works in extension store ?

tags.

And I guess,the next update of extension store,featured might be possible.
:)

One Page Checkout Professional - More flexible and powerful one page checkout solution.
One Page Checkout Standard - Best one page checkout solution,separate module,no core files replace.
Product Import Export - Bulk insert update download product excel format.
Order Manager - help you manage orders more effectively.

Post by Daniel » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:49 am

a few things that are happening.

1. i have finally got a company to use for taking credit cards payments. paypal is very limited to which countries it can be used in so in 2 days moneybookers will be an added payment method.

2. going to add a contact tab for customers to email directly for support.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Avvici » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:25 am

rph wrote:
opcrat wrote:Refund Policy is very important because so many users just buying and giving some silly reasons for getting refund that they don't want to use it now or they don't like it, etc so can we get refund or requesting administrator to get refund but instead of that is there any way to standardize refund policy to get refund only if the extension they bought has misguided somewhere or its not working the way it mentioned in description than and than they are eligible for refund.
Taking an occasional loss is part of doing business but it's still annoying when a person purchases a module then gets a refund without ever saying a word.

It'd be a big project but I'd like to see a support ticket system added to the extension store. If a customer had a problem with an extension they could open up a ticket and the developer could then assist. It would create a lot of valuable metrics. Do people regularly have a lot of problems with an extension or is it relatively bug free? Is a developer quick or slow to respond to problems? How long does it usually take to resolve an issue?

It would also help move support to one specific place rather than having it spread out over extension comments, forum threads, PMs, and email. Plus it saves developers the time of having to go through sales records and verify a person as a customer. If an issue is insurmountable then the developer could close the ticket out with the option of recommending a refund.

If people are being issued refunds because "the mod wasn't what I thought" then I think the developer has the right to know the exact reasoning also. I put up extensive descriptions, images, demos, and regularly answer all comment questions for my mods so I'd like to be able to update them to avoid the issue in the future. If it comes down to the customer simply not reading though I find that hard to see how it justifies a refund.
Dido on the support ticket system.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by Avvici » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:26 am

Daniel wrote:a few things that are happening.

1. i have finally got a company to use for taking credit cards payments. paypal is very limited to which countries it can be used in so in 2 days moneybookers will be an added payment method.

Contact Tab = muy bueno

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by GoGo OpenCart » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:20 am

Daniel wrote:a few things that are happening.

Extremely nice, looking forward to it ;)

See all my extensions: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... 20OpenCart

Post by Daniel » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:01 pm

That being said, there are plenty of shameless people out there as well. If only they were avoidable... :)

its normally when people buy from opencart using proxy's. we don;t accept orders from people using proxies as this is how people committing credit card fraud work.

i have gotten from down from 31 orders a week to 0. my system works even if buyers have to reorder some times not using proxys.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator