Post by jefrey1983 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:54 pm

when you press add cart Option Plus Please choose goes to the cart
is there a way to disable add cart or make it unable to add the product in the cart when option is not being choose

or can we set the 1st option to be the option value instead of please choose
Last edited by jefrey1983 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by jefrey1983 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:09 pm

also when i set the quantity to 20 and add card 21 pieces it still proceed with the order, i think there should be a warning like exceed quantity or something like that

the option quantity is not reflecting to the quantity of the items but to the quantity of the main products

main product Tshirt quantity set to 1

option plus small Tshirt quantity set to 20

bought 2 small Tshirt = unable to process beause the tshirt is only 1 suppose to be it should continue since small tshirt is set to 20

Post by Qphoria » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:17 pm

jefrey1983 wrote:when you press add cart Option Plus Please choose goes to the cart
is there a way to disable add cart or make it unable to add the product in the cart when option is not being choose

or can we set the 1st option to be the option value instead of please choose
It shouldn't allow you to send to cart if please choose is shown. It should give an alert warning

Stock warnings are handled on the cart page as they have always been. That is an OpenCart design implementation.

Administrator

Post by jefrey1983 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:35 pm

i see thanks
hope it can also display a warning notice if the customer add cart more than the quantity in the option plus like" cannot process order only [quantity] are available

Post by jefrey1983 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:27 pm

how to change the yellow background for option plus, thanks and can you used option plus with the option price update

btw i tried to set the weight to 0 in option plus and set the weight to 0:0 but it is not displaying in the shipping selection

Post by HTMLCSSNoob » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:54 pm

Qphoria wrote:It shouldn't allow you to send to cart if please choose is shown. It should give an alert warning.
The warning message will pop up, but I can verify that the item is still going to the cart even with Please Choose selected in the drop down box. I'm using OC 1.4.9.2 and Firefox with the Options Plus Mod.

I sent Q a PM to see if he could troubleshoot it and see why it was still sending the item to cart even with the warning message popping up.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:56 pm

jefrey1983 wrote:how to change the yellow background for option plus, thanks and can you used option plus with the option price update
Yes it works with option price update.
btw i tried to set the weight to 0 in option plus and set the weight to 0:0 but it is not displaying in the shipping selection
I just tried it and it seems to work ok at first glance. I'll try again.

Administrator

Post by cmebd » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:25 am

jefrey1983 wrote:how to change the yellow background for option plus
just in case you are still interested:

The styling for the Options is inline so you would need to go to the product.tpl in your theme folder - find that line and then either make/change background colour OR alternately (I have done this) create a style in your stylesheet for the background (I also copied the inline styling into the "class" I created) and use that class within the div (deleting any remaining inline style for that div).

cheers

A stupid question is the one you -don't- ask.........(Anon)

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by jefrey1983 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:15 pm

thanks i am now able to change the background

Post by popular » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:20 pm

The warning message will pop up, but I can verify that the item is still going to the cart even with Please Choose selected in the drop down box. I'm using OC 1.4.9.2 and Firefox with the Options Plus Mod.
I'm having the same problem in 1.4.9.3

When I click add to cart the without selecting any drop down options the warning message comes up but the product still ends up in the cart! (also happens in IE8)