^ Reposition product rating in thumb view
^ Change how module product-thumb margin work
+ Add Account and Affiliate template file
^ Update Rhythm Framework 1.2.0
^ Update Gearbox Modules 1.2.1

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by ohslmod » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:14 am

Just wondering if I could get some help installing the default2 theme (http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=21411).

I have downloaded the theme file from the provided URL and uploaded to the folder //mylittleshopper/catalog/view/theme and tried to enable the theme inside the dashboard at System>Settings>Edit your website>General Settings>Template>Select the template default2 v1.3.1>Save. I have enabled the theme and received the following error:

Notice: Error: Could not load template /hermes/bosnaweb25a/b2293/ipg.ohboomnet/mylittleshopper/catalog/view/theme/default/template/common/column_left.tpl! in /hermes/bosnaweb25a/b2293/ipg.ohboomnet/mylittleshopper/system/engine/loader.php on line 86

My hosting provider advised there is an issue with this theme? Have I uploaded the files correctly? Please advise on the correct location of the upload and which files to upload.

Any help would be urgently appreciated.

Post by qahar » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:31 pm

what is your opencart version? Have you follow all installation step?
Have you refresh OcMod?

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by obucek » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:06 am

Hello.

I have one question

When i go with mouse to My account on right upper corner i cant see all texts because search box is overlay text.

How to fix this. Please help. You can chack here http://megabite.si

Thx and all the best

Oliver

Post by qahar » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:50 pm

Your onjsmartsearch ext cause that.

They use css z-index higher than bootstrap dropdown

Code: Select all

#search, .searchbox {
  overflow: visible ;
  z-index: 9999999 ;
}

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by labeshops » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:50 pm

Really loving this theme!

One thing I noticed is that on related products on the product pages the add to cart buttons on mobile are cut off - all you see is "Add to" and the rest is cut off. wondering if on mobile, these can just have the cart icon with no words???

Also loving the custom css style section - making it much easier to give each of my stores personality. Wondered if perhaps you could add custom script boxes, one for header, one for footer? Would make it a lot cleaner to add scripts.

EDIT: One more issue - I cannot get it to use a background other than noise.png in the boxed layout. For some reason, when I put the new background image in the custom style section, it is being ignored.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by labeshops » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:44 pm

Ok one more question - how the heck do I add a gearbox created navbar to be the menu on the site instead of the default menu?? Didn't see this in your documentation and I cannot for the life of me see how to do that :( Finally figured out how to add it to the layout, but is there a way to show it site wide?

Nevermind - figured this out :) For anyone else trying to figure it out, there is a blue i to the right of the block position tab in the default 2 theme controller that explains "layout_all_pages". IMO this should also be somewhere in the gearbox control panel, but once I found it and did it, it works on all pages as it should.

However for some reason, the gearbox megamenu wants to show twice on the product pages. Only doing it on the product page though. Example http://www.gothicplus.xxx/rose-snake-go ... klace-p689 (change xxx to com) - any idea why?

Lol apparently I need to post a problem here before I can solve it! The double menu issue is solved. apparently I needed to set the route for a product page even though I'm not using it. Once I set the route for GP Product, the double menu went away.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by qahar » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:40 am

labeshops wrote:One more issue - I cannot get it to use a background other than noise.png in the boxed layout. For some reason, when I put the new background image in the custom style section, it is being ignored.
Thank you for your suggest. For the image use path as below on Custom Style

background: #fafafa url(../../image/new-noise.png) repeat;
I remember write about "layout_all_pages" in the docs, but I also can't find it. Time to review the docs.

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by labeshops » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:43 am

qahar wrote:
labeshops wrote:One more issue - I cannot get it to use a background other than noise.png in the boxed layout. For some reason, when I put the new background image in the custom style section, it is being ignored.
Thank you for your suggest. For the image use path as below on Custom Style

background: #fafafa url(../../image/new-noise.png) repeat;
I remember write about "layout_all_pages" in the docs, but I also can't find it. Time to review the docs.
I tried that for the background as well as

.layout-boxed:not(.blank-mode), .layout-framed:not(.blank-mode) {
    background: #fafafa url("../image/gp-background.jpg") no-repeat fixed 0 0;
Not showing up though front end.

And glad I'm not the only one that missed the layout docs :)

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by labeshops » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:20 pm

Also, would love to make related products a carousel as some of my products have a lot of related items, but haven't managed to make that work yet.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by qahar » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:49 am

Look carefully at doubled parent directory I use

url(../../image/new-noise.png)
I put the related carousel in the roadmap, thanks.

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by labeshops » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:27 am

still doesn't work for me. I put my background in the same directory as noise.png. It loads fine if I select it in my browser, but not in the theme. trying to set it on gothicplus (dot) com

finally got it to work, but I had to use the entire code block, not the abbreviated single line for some reason. The code below is working (though I need to adjust it a bit to look right).

background: #fafafa url(../../image/gp-background.jpg) no-repeat;
        background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);
        background-image: url(../../image/gp-background.jpg);
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
        background-attachment: fixed;
        background-position: 0% 0%;
        background-clip: border-box;
        background-origin: padding-box;
        background-size: auto auto;
}

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by qahar » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:41 am

You only need this part:

background: #fafafa url(../../image/gp-background.jpg) no-repeat;
}
the difference is you use ../ before mine was ../../
and of course ctrl+f5 is also required to clear browser cache

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by labeshops » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:01 am

I have to say the more I work with this theme, the more I absolutely love it. Great for multistores!

One thing I have just discovered is that on mobile, the toolbar top left position overlaps the "my account...." etc links on the top header making them nearly impossible to see/use. Can this position stack above the links when it goes to smartphone view?

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by labeshops » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:26 am

Question: Do the Alpha and Omega positions not work yet? Was trying to use alpha to display a banner at the very top of all pages, but I cannot get it to display. Not seeing any mention of either position in the documentation, so wondered if this is something new you haven't finished implementing yet or if there is just some trick I don't know?
SOLVED THE ABOVE: I figured out you cannot use 2 layouts using the layout_all_pages route on the same store. I had tried setting alpha position on all stores thinking it would merge with the one I had set up for gothicplus for its megamenu, etc. It didn't - it took over the layout instead. I added the alpha position element to the same layout for gothicplus that already uses layout_all_pages and it works perfectly :)

I just discovered the child template too and how to use them - brilliant idea!!!

Your documentation actually seems to be out of date. I was reading bout how to add color setting and it says "To add new setting, it's mandatory to add it at defaultSetting method at model admin/model/extension/default2.php file. This to ensure the new variable is available to all Preset until it's saved." But no such file exists.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by labeshops » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:42 am

Bug perhaps??

I'm trying to remove the red * next to the non-required fields for checkout addresses. It looks like company and address2 are not set to be required, yet they are showing the * which is confusing customers. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn it off on the non-required fields.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by qahar » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:00 pm

possibly even though default2 only modificate checktout/cart.tpl template which mean the rest will fallback to default template.
But when I use default theme, the required mark is not there, so something must be off here.

Thank for reporting.

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by labeshops » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:41 pm

Don't know if you know but your documentation site is down. Went to look up something about gearbox and it's coming up as having an issue with the site - tell the site admin, so I'm telling you :)

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by qahar » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:17 pm

Yes it will down for a while, sorry for that.

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia